• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth Makes Enemies...

Exactly people that commit sinful acts could never love Christianity, ......<>

Are you declaring that you are a person that doesn't "commit sinful acts"? Yes, or No?

Even though I have no belief in any god, the concept you are speaking of is universal to all major religions: Love thy neighbor.

This is also an American value.

“Love your neighbor” is almost universally ascribed to. The phrase is often quoted. Many would consider it an American value. Yet there are daily examples of angry and violent acts perpetrated on others, on neighbors. Perhaps the word “neighbor” is being too narrowly defined. Perhaps those who are in need of our love should be more specifically named.​
• Love your neighbor – the person with a skin color that is different from yours.​
• Love your neighbor – the person whose political beliefs you do not agree with.​
• Love your neighbor – the homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk.​
• Love your neighbor – the person with a gender identity you might not understand.​
• Love your neighbor – the immigrant whose only crime is wanting a better life for their family.​
• Love your neighbor – the thousands around the world suffering from the effects of war and famine.​
Broaden your horizons, see all others as neighbors. Love your neighbor, desire what is best for them and will allow them to flourish.​
Apparently your "love thy neighbor" doesn't include "Biden pukes", a phrase you have used dozens of times on the forum.

Apparently your "love thy neighbor" doesn't include "Biden pukes", a phrase you have used dozens of times on the forum.
shrug...

They ARE pukes...but I don't hate them.

And why do you think I care about the Republican Party?
Your support for trump. By the way, have you ever noticed how trump lives the elite lifestyle and brags about how wealthy he is? Aren't you the guy who is against the elites?

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth without getting called out for it.

She loved her father but couldn't agree with his choice to live with a woman who was not his wife.

He loved his daughter but couldn't agree with her pro-abortion stance.

She loved her granddaughter but couldn't approve of her homosexual lifestyle.

From my experience, most Christians can show love and concern for people involved in sinful lifestyles, but many people involved in sinful lifestyles have trouble showing love for Bible-believing Christians.

This shouldn’t surprise us. It’s illustrated in the story of Cain. Nothing in Scripture leads us to believe that Abel rejected Cain (Genesis 4:1-8). But Cain murdered Abel “because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous” (1 John 3:12).

People hated Jesus "without reason" and He warned us, "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:18-25).

“For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.” 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

If you have been rejected by a loved one because of your faith, it can be heartbreaking. Please remember that our Savior understands, and He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18; Luke 21:16).
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-truth-makes-enemies.html

It's hard to love a brainwashed fool who refuses to mind her own business and never shuts up about what she thinks you should be doing with your life, "cuz Gawd."

In my experience, brainwashed fools seem to have a really hard time dealing with it when they fail to inflict their own brainwashing on the next generation.

Last edited:
She loved her father but couldn't agree with his choice to live with a woman who was not his wife.

He loved his daughter but couldn't agree with her pro-abortion stance.

She loved her granddaughter but couldn't approve of her homosexual lifestyle.

From my experience, most Christians can show love and concern for people involved in sinful lifestyles, but many people involved in sinful lifestyles have trouble showing love for Bible-believing Christians.

This shouldn’t surprise us. It’s illustrated in the story of Cain. Nothing in Scripture leads us to believe that Abel rejected Cain (Genesis 4:1-8). But Cain murdered Abel “because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous” (1 John 3:12).

People hated Jesus "without reason" and He warned us, "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:18-25).

“For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.” 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

If you have been rejected by a loved one because of your faith, it can be heartbreaking. Please remember that our Savior understands, and He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18; Luke 21:16).
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-truth-makes-enemies.html

So during the centuries that Christians oppressed gays and made them their enemies, that mean that pro-gay people were actually telling the truth?

So during the centuries that Christians oppressed gays and made them their enemies, that mean that pro-gay people were actually telling the truth?
Disagreeing with someone and oppression are 2 distinct, separate things...

e12f56ee2239d51d194ac3194a18a82c.jpg

Even though I have no belief in any god, the concept you are speaking of is universal to all major religions: Love thy neighbor.

This is also an American value.

“Love your neighbor” is almost universally ascribed to. The phrase is often quoted. Many would consider it an American value. Yet there are daily examples of angry and violent acts perpetrated on others, on neighbors. Perhaps the word “neighbor” is being too narrowly defined. Perhaps those who are in need of our love should be more specifically named.​
• Love your neighbor – the person with a skin color that is different from yours.​
• Love your neighbor – the person whose political beliefs you do not agree with.​
• Love your neighbor – the homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk.​
• Love your neighbor – the person with a gender identity you might not understand.​
• Love your neighbor – the immigrant whose only crime is wanting a better life for their family.​
• Love your neighbor – the thousands around the world suffering from the effects of war and famine.​
Broaden your horizons, see all others as neighbors. Love your neighbor, desire what is best for them and will allow them to flourish.​

When America was founded and it didn’t love its non-white, non-male, non-Christian neighbors, did it lack American values?

When America was founded and it didn’t love its non-white, non-male, non-Christian neighbors, did it lack American values?
Our culture has evolved, but I don't think the Golden Rule has.

Our culture has evolved, but I don't think the Golden Rule has.

But you’d agree with me that the Founders didn’t follow the Golden Rule and were thus not really Christians, yes?

growing up in the church i just wasn't around people who HAD to PROVE to everyone else that they were wrong (they just helped people).

i guess that's why it's so foreign to me now.

Then they weren't true Christians, were they?

They followed what the Bible proscribed for gays. Are “true Christians” supposed to follow the Bible?

Also, what basis do you have to judge whether or not other people are “true Christians” when by your own definition you are a “false Christian”.

They followed what the Bible proscribed for gays.
The did not...Jesus told us to even love our enemies and to pray for them...that is not in any way saying gays are our enemies, just pointing out that if a Christian is to love an enemy, then surely we are to love gays, as well...

Also, what basis do you have to judge whether or not other people are “true Christians” when by your own definition you are a “false Christian”.
I really don't care what they think...it's God's thinking I care about...Jesus told us exactly how to tell..

The did not...Jesus told us to even love our enemies and to pray for them...that is not in any way saying gays are our enemies, just pointing out that if a Christian is to love an enemy, then surely we are to love gays, as well...

Jesus also said that governments could and should enforce laws.

If a government is made up of Christians, should that government not punish people at all?

Jesus also said that governments could and should enforce laws.

If a government is made up of Christians, should that government not punish people at all?
That is one of many reasons why Christians should not be in earthly government...period...

That is one of many reasons why Christians should not be in earthly government...period...

So you support anarchy in places that are majority or uniformly Christian?

If someone rapes and kills your daughter, no going to the cops because you aren’t supposed to interact with non-Christians and “true Christians” aren’t in government, yes?

So you support anarchy in places that are majority or uniformly Christian?

If someone rapes and kills your daughter, no going to the cops because you aren’t supposed to interact with non-Christians and “true Christians” aren’t in government, yes?

I get that you don’t like having the extreme illogic of your religion questioned and are unprepared to address it.

If “true Christians” are supposed to not participate in “earthly government” the. It stands to reason that you must support anarchy in places that are either majority or uniformly Christian.

I get that you don’t like having the extreme illogic of your religion questioned and are unprepared to address it.

If “true Christians” are supposed to not participate in “earthly government” the. It stands to reason that you must support anarchy in places that are either majority or uniformly Christian.
Since you're so bright, let's see if you can figure it out...lol...

Acts 5:29...
1 Timothy 2:2...
Romans 13:1-13

Since you're so bright, let's see if you can figure it out...lol...

Acts 5:29...
1 Timothy 2:2...
Romans 13:1-13

So then yes, you support anarchy in regions where only “true Christians” live.

If a town is made up of Jehovah’s Witnesses, that town can’t have a government or enforced laws.

Back
Top Bottom