• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The truth comes out about the FL math books.

So...much..fail.:p
theres no fail at all.. i can look at the articles presented on their home page an see that is, at BEST a center LEFT media source. I could care less what their worthless "ranking" system says about it.. that is also biased and wants a source like that one to be a model for "center right" , because that way their leftist agenda can be explained away as not so radical.

theres no fail at all.. i can look at the articles presented on their home page an see that is, at BEST a center LEFT media source. I could care less what their worthless "ranking" system says about it.. that is also biased and wants a source like that one to be a model for "center right" , because that way their leftist agenda can be explained away as not so radical.
Keep dancing, its hilarious.

Wokeness is a disease and this kind of thing is the cure. I love it.
Enriching yourself at government expense is a cure for what?

As time goes on businesses, especially businesses that need educated people, like tech are going to wonder, maybe even out loud , if moving their employees, and employee families to red states whose schools at this rate will be 3rd world like, is a good idea.
Red states are like Somalia where everyone has guns and religion rules their lives.
But is math gay in Somalia?

Wokeness is a disease and this kind of thing is the cure. I love it.
Government control over education is the cure for "wokeness?"

1 publisher allowed for math books in FL. A publisher that used to belong to now governor Youngkin (R VA) and that he still has strong ties to. Youngkin, if you'll remember, signed an executive order to "end the use of inherently divisive concepts, including critical race theory, and restoring excellence in K-12 public education in the commonwealth," a measure that's comparable to DeSantis' "Stop WOKE Act" about 5 minutes after taking office.

The promotion of CRT material is pretty much the same story except for it involves someone who was nominated by Barack Obama to serve on the supreme Court.

I would be curious to know what is in the math books that is considered CRT just to know what stupidity we're going to have to deal with regarding math in the coming years.

"Prohibited topics" in a math textbook? What?
To illustrate - this is real. There’s some crazy stuff out there and it’s because the people who create these things don’t stay in their own academic lane.

6AEA72CA-BC79-4D25-AFAE-6604A2E08631.jpeg

To illustrate - this is real. There’s some crazy stuff out there and it’s because the people who create these things don’t stay in their own academic lane.

View attachment 67386560
That is not in a textbook but is a printout from an open source website where teachers can upload and download supplemental material

That is not in a textbook but is a printout from an open source website where teachers can upload and download supplemental material
Yes, and it is illustrative of what is being used in the classroom and the ways in which bizarre and unacceptable topics are intertwined with math. This isn’t a new issue.

Yes, and it is illustrative of what is being used in the classroom and the ways in which bizarre and unacceptable topics are intertwined with math.
Try not to be so gullible.

It's a prank. Somone trying to be funny on an open source site. It wasn't used in a class. Nor was it in a text book.

Yes, and it is illustrative of what is being used in the classroom and the ways in which bizarre and unacceptable topics are intertwined with math. This isn’t a new issue.
So show us the objectionable material in the math textbooks not published by Youngkin's grift machine.

Try not to be so gullible.

It's a prank. Somone trying to be funny on an open source site. It wasn't used in a class. Nor was it in a text book.
It is not a prank. It’s been making the rounds as an assignment in America’s public schools since 2015.

Back
Top Bottom