• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The shameless revisionism of the Capitol attack cannot be allowed to take root

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. The facts say it was not an insurrection, no matter how far you stretch the definition.

Calling it insurrection may well be projection. you would have to ask yourself about that.
Interesting that you are playing on facts while denying them. Sadly everyone who wishes to has access to video, print and photographic evidence that very clearly shows you are either confused of dishonest. This may have been a failed coup but an insurrection nonetheless and denying or pretending otherwise, even if due to purposeful ignorance will never change that.

Interesting that you are playing on facts while denying them. Sadly everyone who wishes to has access to video, print and photographic evidence that very clearly shows you are either confused of dishonest. This may have been a failed coup but an insurrection nonetheless and denying or pretending otherwise, even if due to purposeful ignorance will never change that.
You are doing exactly what you claim someone else is doing. That is called projecting. It's a favorite pass-time of Trump haters here in the forum.

The facts are that it was an unarmed demonstration that pushed into a restricted area. That is not an insurrection.

You are doing exactly what you claim someone else is doing. That is called projecting. It's a favorite pass-time of Trump haters here in the forum.

The facts are that it was an unarmed demonstration that pushed into a restricted area. That is not an insurrection.
Tell that to the dead.

19AMBRIEFING-Lede4-articleLarge.jpg

And the sad truth is that Republicans DO NOT want an honest accounting of the events leading up to and including the Trump Insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6th.

We all know what we all saw. The Republican's are terrified of the unvarnished January 6 truth because many of them were simpatico with Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election via violence at the Capitol.

Couple things

1.) 1/6 is and will go down as one of the worst things to happen to america in my lifetime
2.) Donnie can try whatever he wants it wont work on anybody honest and smart, I dont know anybody in real life right, left and center who doesnt call 1/6 a terrorist attack on our nation's capitol that was orchestrated by mostly Trump extremists, qanon nutters and proud boys. Even people that voted for trump admit this fact.

so its not republicans, its only morons and imbeciles . . .these people are the most stupid people among the country

Republicans call these loons out also and it has cause some to no longer be republican so its unfair to lay that blankets across them.

Nutters will try to down play what happened but it wont work

Tell that to the dead.
I take it you mean the unarmed, unresisting woman shot by the cop. It figures you would get off on police using excessive force. There was a cop who died of mysterious causes, but no one was ever charged in connection with that, so I am not sure the relevance.

wow haven't heard that one, thats a VERY good name for the retards that stormed the capitol that day!!!!! LOL to funny
I'll second your name for the list. ;)

And the sad truth is that Republicans DO NOT want an honest accounting of the events leading up to and including the Trump Insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6th.

We all know what we all saw. The Republican's are terrified of the unvarnished January 6 truth because many of them were simpatico with Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election via violence at the Capitol.

I cordially invite any and all "Take America Back" themed groups, all Trumpers, all militia and anyone else to revisit for a second go at it.
File that under "I wish a mutha-****er would try."
Meanwhile the arrests from 1/6 continue apace and the trials shall go on as planned, and people will be doing time for their actions.

What I'd really like to see is classifying Oath Keepers and the III%-ers, Bundy Clan and the like as domestic terrorists, and I'd like to see these organizations eviscerated.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. The facts say it was not an insurrection, no matter how far you stretch the definition.

Calling it insurrection may well be projection. you would have to ask yourself about that.

Come try again, please.
I want you guys to come and take another whack at it.

????
that makes no sense LMAO

i would never be stupid enough to be one of the terrorists that attacked the capital trying to destroy democracy over batshit insane, tinfoil hat, Qanon nuttery, conspiracy theories 😂 😂
one of those retards was even dumb enough to get herself killed!

so seconding my name is illogical and it would be just as dumb as them ;)

Republicans have been in insurrection apology and/or denial mode since the get go.

Well, if they have been, then they should feel emboldened enough to take another shot at it.
After all, they're proclaiming innocence and they're insisting that these people love America and would never harm anyone.
So why aren't they gearing up to make another go?
Are they the cowards we all know they are?
Sure seems that way.

After all, if you don't think you did anything wrong then you should resolve to up the ante just to prove it, otherwise everyone will know you don't believe your own bullshit. You can't proclaim innocence and then resolve to never do again what you insist was patriotic.
If it's patriotic and Biden is still in office illegally, then you are compelled to go and do a redux to finish the job, right?

So come on, Trumpers, Qanoners, Oath Keepers, Sipsey Street Irregulars, Atomwaffen, Bundy Clan III%-ers, why are you forgetting your patriotic duty?
Why haven't you returned with even larger numbers and more weapons?
You don't want people to think you're afraid, do you?

If you support the acts of January 6th, then you're obligated to step up and take another whack at it, or else be forever known as a coward who talks a big game but refuses to follow through.
I want you to show up and try again.
And if not, I'd like to know why not.

If you support the acts of January 6th, then you're obligated to step up and take another whack at it, or else be forever known as a coward who talks a big game but refuses to follow through. I want you to show up and try again. And if not, I'd like to know why not.
I never supported the illegal trespass of the Capital building on 6 January. It's even a federal offense. Those who did it should be charged and tried.

I simply object to you making it into something it is not. One thing it is not is an insurrection.

you probably heard that first throwaway deflection on a talk show or on faux propaganda, but it isn't an argument. it is actually another projection. i am getting bored with your projections, so consider this to be my response to the rest of them.

wow haven't heard that one, thats a VERY good name for the retards that stormed the capitol that day!!!!! LOL to funny

Yes, I agree; that's a much better description than insurrectionists.

Let's see how far we have to stretch the definition of 'insurrection'.

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Source

Don't have to stretch it at all. Fits like a glove.

I don't know why some folk keep trying to insist it wasn't 'insurrection' (presumably on the grounds, as argued by Trump's lawyers, that those directly involved had no clear transition plan)... when the next most obvious description therefore would be 'terrorism.' Maybe that's a better word?

you probably heard that first throwaway deflection on a talk show or on faux propaganda, but it isn't an argument. it is actually another projection. i am getting bored with your projections, so consider this to be my response to the rest of them.
Of course you are bored with projections, because you do them so often.

The line is a quote from one of my favorite Democrats, DP Moynihan

Let's see how far we have to stretch the definition of 'insurrection'.
Definition of insurrection: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government
Source

Don't have to stretch it at all. Fits like a glove.
Let's see

revolt [ri-vohlt]
verb (used without object)
to break away from or rise against constituted authority, as by open rebellion; cast off allegiance or subjection to those in authority; rebel; mutiny:

Not even close. Protest I'll give you. Rebellion, definitely not.

I don't know why some folk keep trying to insist it wasn't 'insurrection' (presumably on the grounds, as argued by Trump's lawyers, that those directly involved had no clear transition plan)... when the next most obvious description therefore would be 'terrorism.' Maybe that's a better word?
Protest is a better word.

Of course you are bored with projections, because you do them so often.

The line is a quote from one of my favorite Democrats, DP Moynihan

Let's see

revolt [ri-vohlt]
verb (used without object)
to break away from or rise against constituted authority, as by open rebellion; cast off allegiance or subjection to those in authority; rebel; mutiny:

Not even close. Protest I'll give you. Rebellion, definitely not.

Protest is a better word.
We're talking about insurrection, not revolt. Insurrection is the word you said didn't apply and it clearly does.

Yes, I agree; that's a much better description than insurrectionists.

yep both accurate
but drama queens is funny, even though its subjective
and insurrections is sad, even though its factual

Aren't weapons normally required for an insurrection? Flagpoles don't really count.

Leftwingers are actually starting to believe their own made-up nonsense.

If the Vice-President and the Speaker of the House would have been killed, Trump would still be President.

Same as Truthing. There will always be a lunatic fringe.

We're talking about insurrection, not revolt. Insurrection is the word you said didn't apply and it clearly does.
Revolt is part of the definition of insurrection, which is why insurrection is not the appropriate term.

It was a protest. It was an illegal protest, which involved criminal trespass, but there is no way to stretch the term insurrection to fit.

yep both accurate but drama queens is funny, even though its subjective and insurrections is sad, even though its factual
Insurrection is not factual, but using the term is definitely drama queen worthy. You go, girl.

Back
Top Bottom