• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Republican Party

I do. I fear ignorant people wielding immense power.

How is that better? Blindly partisan is just as bad as blindly patriotic.
This may sound strange, but I am still a bit surprised that George Bush has not ordered the use of nuclear weapons somewhere, or has not started a war in South America with Venezuela or Columbia. I am sorry but I have no respect for Bush as President or as a man. I see him as lose cannon. He is America's Saddam Hussein.

This may sound strange, but I am still a bit surprised that George Bush has not ordered the use of nuclear weapons somewhere, or has not started a war in South America with Venezuela or Columbia. I am sorry but I have no respect for Bush as President or as a man. I see him as lose cannon. He is America's Saddam Hussein.

I'm not a fan of President Bush either, but that seems like a tad bit of an exaggeration.

We all know what the Republicans have to do. Like their British counterparts they have to get back to real conservatism.

The religious right can be silly but in some ways they are just a reaction to the secularisation of culture which often seems to come from distant elitist sources like Holywood. They need to change and become more properly conservative but they have their good points.

Talking about a former member of the Republican party, the topic of this thread, is considered hijacking? :shock:
Okay then, would the term "baiting" suit you better. Show me the undeniable proof that the leaders are all liars. Apparently this is related to 9/11, well show me the proof in the 9/11 Report that says Bush lied. And secondly, show me where the religious right runs the party. They're nowhere to be seen.

Okay then, would the term "baiting" suit you better.

Nope, still failing to see how it is either. You could easily retort with a well thought out argument.

Show me the undeniable proof that the leaders are all liars.
That claim was never made by myself nor by Independent Thinker, the one you quoted.

Apparently this is related to 9/11, well show me the proof in the 9/11 Report that says Bush lied.
That claim was never made by myself nor by Independent Thinker, the one you quoted.

And secondly, show me where the religious right runs the party. They're nowhere to be seen.
Foothold in the party in the 70s does not mean that they run the party now.

Nope, still failing to see how it is either. You could easily retort with a well thought out argument.

Foothold in the party in the 70s does not mean that they run the party now.
Who leads the Republican Right? For that matter, who leads the Republican Left?

Well said wessex.

I agree and I would say that the religious - "religious right" are only involved with politics because of the potential that an all-powerful centralized authority would have to crush any vestiges of religion in society.

Sadly, some "religious" folks have been seduced to believe that politics can achieve the societal, moral & cultural ends that they believe best for all.

Who leads the Republican Right? For that matter, who leads the Republican Left?

That depends how you define right and left. Huckabee is a very big government, big spending, big welfare kind of guy with a strong socially conservative ideology. He's leftist in some ideas and rightist in others. How do you make the distinctions?

And often the Republican left has become the Republican party. Massive spending, massive government, massive interventions, wishy washy free trade.

:shock:

George Bush is not a Saddam Hussein type. He may be brash and pig headed and even ignore the Constitution, but what you said is ridicules.

attachment.php

That depends how you define right and left. Huckabee is a very big government, big spending, big welfare kind of guy with a strong socially conservative ideology. He's leftist in some ideas and rightist in others. How do you make the distinctions?
We as Republican conservatives had no really viable choices in this election, Thompson was the most conservative with any prayer(no pun intended) in the running, but ultimately he didn't have a real chance, Paul would have been good, but was not a fit because of his Iraq stance and that pretty much sealed his fate, Guillani, Romney, Huckabee, and McCain are all too loose with the checkbook to pull in real conservatives and unfortunately we are swinging too heavily in their direction as a national party.

And often the Republican left has become the Republican party. Massive spending, massive government, massive interventions, wishy washy free trade.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom