• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Queen.

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
BBC News - Queen's 86th birthday marked in Diamond Jubilee year with gun salutes

86th Birthday salute and of course its her 60th year on the throne, I was just curious to DP's opinion on the Queen.

Personally I have a lot of respect for the women she worked in the factories during WW2 and expierenced the blitz, took the throne at a young age and handled the decline of the empire with grace and respect( never voiced her opinion etc). I dont feel like she has ever got in the way politically and has always handled herself very well in the public eye. I'm neither for or against the Royals and could care less for most of them but I have a lot of respect for our Queen and wish some politicans could look at her and take note.

Any of you agree with this or would you be glad to see the beack of her?

sometimes i think she will never die:roll:

sometimes i think she will never die:roll:

lol im sure Charles shares this thinking. I bet he runs up to her room everytime she is late getting up.

lol im sure Charles shares this thinking. I bet he runs up to her room everytime she is late getting up.

:lol::mrgreen:

in fact people like william more than charles

:lol::mrgreen:

in fact people like william more than charles

I've never quite worked out the animus towards Charles. I neither like nor dislike William or Charles. They are not people I know personally, but I respect them both. They have acted in accordance with their duties, and their individual personalities have little to do with anything. When Charles ascends the throne, it is my opinion that he will make a good Monarch. He is less conservative than his predecessors, and I like certain of his aims, such as removing the title of 'Defender of the Faith' from the Monarchy. As he has stated, the Sovereign should be the defender of all faiths. And LOL, I also like (a) his view on modern architecture, and (b) his willingness to make that view known. Like who could think 'the gherkin' is an architectural tour de force? :)

I've never quite worked out the animus towards Charles. I neither like nor dislike William or Charles. They are not people I know personally, but I respect them both. They have acted in accordance with their duties, and their individual personalities have little to do with anything. When Charles ascends the throne, it is my opinion that he will make a good Monarch. He is less conservative than his predecessors, and I like certain of his aims, such as removing the title of 'Defender of the Faith' from the Monarchy. As he has stated, the Sovereign should be the defender of all faiths. And LOL, I also like (a) his view on modern architecture, and (b) his willingness to make that view known. Like who could think 'the gherkin' is an architectural tour de force? :)

i dont like charles because he caused diana to suffer from unhappiness , and woman died too young...

i would prefer william for royality's king..:2razz:

The Queen is the Bee's Knees, and she would be quite pleased.

happy birthday to her.

I feel pretty much the exact same way as you do Higgins.

I think she has been a great Queen, and I think she still has many more years ahead of her.

And I believe that one day William will be a great King as well.

I hope Charles never takes the throne. Not that I think he can anyway.

I am not british, so my opinion means squat. But, I do have one: I think the days of kings and queens are over and it's time to move on from that.

Chuck was, by all accounts, a piss-poor husband, however.

I am not british, so my opinion means squat. But, I do have one: I think the days of kings and queens are over and it's time to move on from that.

I disagree, I think that the amount of charity work the Royals do keep them relevant and they bring in lots of tourist money.

Last edited:
Chuck was, by all accounts, a piss-poor husband, however.

he was but lets be honest Diana was no peach herself, it was a messed up situation to begin with

Royalty is bio-waste.

To see people in our times that still worship individuals just because they came out of a particular vagina, says a lot about the level of stupidity the human brain can operate on, and still be able to function in an otherwise average manner.

Thankfully, human intellect was able to break free from the feudal and royal societies of the past, and stop the centuries long abuse of humans for the benefit of the few elites. Unfortunately, so many people still find emotional gratification in being mental serfs, emotional slaves and intellectual servants to their perceived superiors.

I dont think many people worship the Royals in the UK ( or other countries) they are more a proud reminder of our past. You call royalty bio waste but yet most of the UK royals serve in the military and then spend their lifes serving the public through charity work. Maybe you should read up on the Royals and their role in the UK.

I dont think many people worship the Royals in the UK ( or other countries) they are more a proud reminder of our past. You call royalty bio waste but yet most of the UK royals serve in the military and then spend their lifes serving the public through charity work. Maybe you should read up on the Royals and their role in the UK.

I have.

They are human sewage, sucking up billions of £ and € every year for their upkeep. Charity is less than 0.1% of their financial cost, that could easily be taken up by decent Government programs who are being cut over and over again every year for the benefit of the bio-waste royals.

Not to mention that the "proud" royal past is mostly defined by the abuse of native people all around the globe for hundreds of years. Now, that's a proud past!

Last edited:
I have.

They are human sewage, sucking up billions of £ and € every year for their upkeep. Charity is less than 0.1% of their financial cost, that could easily be taken up by decent Government programs who are being cut over and over again every year for the benefit of the bio-waste royals.

Not to mention that the "proud" royal past is mostly defined by the abuse of native people all around the globe for hundreds of years. Now, that's a proud past!

billions/ You might want to look that up again and you also might want to look up the amount of money they generate through tourists...You also might want to see who was responsible for the crimes of the British Empire, kings and Queens had little to do with it.

Last edited:
You also might want to see who was responsible for the crimes of the British Empire, kings and Queens had little to do with it.

Blame the paupers! *hurl* *vomit*

-- would you be glad to see the beack of her?

No, as a figurehead for the troops and the country she's grown into the role. There are blemishes such as the "selection of mares" and her aloofness at the time of Diana's death but she has learned quickly.

he was but lets be honest Diana was no peach herself, it was a messed up situation to begin with

To begin with, Diana was the innocent party - selected to be the brood mare and produce an "heir and a spare" which she did. If you ever watch the early interviews she clearly loved the man she married but then discovered that marriage to someone who wasn't interested and spent more time away was a sham.

I can't blame her for taking the course of actions in her life she did. I always admired her.

No, as a figurehead for the troops and the country she's grown into the role. There are blemishes such as the "selection of mares" and her aloofness at the time of Diana's death but she has learned quickly.

To begin with, Diana was the innocent party - selected to be the brood mare and produce an "heir and a spare" which she did. If you ever watch the early interviews she clearly loved the man she married but then discovered that marriage to someone who wasn't interested and spent more time away was a sham.

I can't blame her for taking the course of actions in her life she did. I always admired her.

she was always good at playing the part on camera though and lets be honest innocent woman dont sleep with married men.

BBC News - Queen's 86th birthday marked in Diamond Jubilee year with gun salutes

86th Birthday salute and of course its her 60th year on the throne, I was just curious to DP's opinion on the Queen.

Personally I have a lot of respect for the women she worked in the factories during WW2 and expierenced the blitz, took the throne at a young age and handled the decline of the empire with grace and respect( never voiced her opinion etc). I dont feel like she has ever got in the way politically and has always handled herself very well in the public eye. I'm neither for or against the Royals and could care less for most of them but I have a lot of respect for our Queen and wish some politicans could look at her and take note.

Having participated in two trooping the colours, numerous state visits, patrolled 'Buck' house-the Tower-St James Palace I have nothing against a minority of Royals. The Queen especially has handled her duty with utmost professionalism and has been a very hard working monarch. I'm not so keen on Charles but see a modern, bright future ahead with Prince William and his side kick Harry:). I greatly admire Harry's keenness to play his part in the Afghanistan conflict, and his insistence on leaving the Army, if he was denied every soldiers duty.

Paul

I've always liked her. She's a tougher gal than people think and she has a thousand years of experience to teach her what and what not to do and in my view she uses that experience wisely. She's also the last of the old guard: the WWII conservative generation and on back . . . I will miss her greatly when she is gone.

Back
Top Bottom