• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Proud Boys are not, as far as I'm aware, a white supremacist group ?!

What do you think happens at JDL meetings about muslims ?

What do you think happens at Muslim Brotherhood meetings about jews, whites ?

What do you think happens at Hispanic gangs meetings about whites, blacks ?

What do you think happens at BLM meetings about other groups ?

Spare the hypocrisy, all groups have tribalism. Your obsession to put a magnifying glass on one group is part of the problem. What do you think a poor (economically) white guy from Middle America will do when AI takes his job away and on top of this, daily he is called a racist on the TV by people that truly benefit from white privilege like late night talk host shows or politicians ? He will be attracted to the extremes but that is in every group. In fear people revert back to Tribalism.
So the guy who knows nothing about the Proud Boys is surmising about what happens at these other groups meetings.........I don't think most of these "groups" you have mentioned have meetings like you are imagining here.....

proud-boys-rally-portland.jpg

They look like Trump supporters.

The press are wearing bullet proof vests. lol

How did things get so ****ed up?
You've git a president saying the press is the enemy and they are at that event with a bunch of angry trump cultists. Seems smart to wear protection.

Why do people think Joe Rogan is smart? Is there any internet theory he doesn't glom onto? For example that entire show about AF pilots seeing UFOs was embarrassing to even listen to.

I have yet to understand why.
Truth time:
I spent a year and a half as an avid listener to Alex Jones when we first moved to Texas, and later I started listening to Joe for a while.
My poor wife!! 🤣
I didn't know it at the time but she was just being an angel and putting up with it because she loves me.
But she later confessed relief when I admitted that a lot of things just didn't add up and I retired from the ranks of Alex Jones listeners.
The funny thing is, I actually found myself checking out Joe Rogan because he had hosted...ummmm, what was it, that reality show where people have to eat bugs?
I can't even remember the name of it anymore.
It became tiresome and we both stopped watching it and in a short time I tired of listening to Joe Rogan.

Again, Karen expressed relief. She said she'd started wondering if my mind was sound!
A few weeks ago I clicked on a random video that had that old Alex Jones INFOWARS theme song in it and she rolled into the doorway with "that look" on her face. 🤣

KarenStudioDoor.jpg
"Are you listening to that bullsh*t again?"

And she actually did SAY that!

So the guy who knows nothing about the Proud Boys is surmising about what happens at these other groups meetings.........I don't think most of these "groups" you have mentioned have meetings like you are imagining here.....

I was speaking in a general way, as this is a general rule for cults. Repetition and the outside is bad. You don't have to know a specific group to understand this.

That guy screaming with his hat off (right side of the screen) made my day, he needs something to calm down, no need to get coffee anymore you get your fix from this forum. This is a great place for distraction and discussion.

Last edited:
When there are roughly equivalent numbers to white males. Any cult can attract a few outliers from various seemingly incompatible groups. There are people of all types who are simply attracted to cults.

The Mormon Church regularly spewed the theory that black people were cursed by God with their skin color because it marked them as celestial traitors.
One of the soul singers I actually feel awed about when I listen to her is now a Mormon.
I will never understand why.
The Pips retired in 1988.
Now I know why, none of them were willing to join the LDS.

Why would someone that is Jewish join the Proud Boys ?

We have our Defense League (JDL), this much I know, same type of individuals running around getting criminal records, no job, no career, mostly with no family.

The FBI classified (overdue) JDL as a right wing terrorist group in 2003.
That's a lot more than just "individuals running around getting criminal records, no job, no career, mostly with no family", that's terrorism.

Oh this is rich.

Trump on the lawn of the WH just now.

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are". Earth to Donald....they have provided security for some of your IDIOT rally's.
"But ANTIFA is a big problem". ANTIFA which is not more than an idea.

But I can understand Donnie's confusion. He is surely stuck in a 1970's/80's time warp when ANTIFA was actually something.

They are Roger Stone's personal security force so he can't pretend he doesn't know who they are.

Proud Boys are a violent White Supremist group. They're just the other side of the coin of Antifa. Neither are good and we shouldn't be calling on either and we shouldn't be promoting violence. Trump, however, is doing just that.

That is really a kind of false equivalency you're making there. Anitfa differs greatly in many respects from the Proud Boys. Unlike the Proud Boys they are not a unified group. It is a loose collection of local/regional groups and individuals. It has no hierarchal organization or leadership or even it's own dedicated social media site or outlet. It is a political movement that grew out of post war Germany in the 1960s centering around the idea that the Nazis never would have came into power if the people had more aggressively fought them in the streets in the 1920s and 30s. So Mr Biden's comment that Antifa is an idea is accurate at least in that respect.

In the US they are by and large mostly peaceful. Usually choosing disruption over outright physical confrontation. Their presence is intended to intimate and dissuade racists. But in the present political climate their presence can also increase the chances of an event turning violent. Unfortunately the use of violent measures by some of their members on their perceived opposition has had the effect of creating a self defeating cycle of attacks, counter attacks and blame. That violence also plays into the "victimhood" narrative of white supremacists and other right wing extremists and this is why established civil rights organizations criticize Antifa tactics as being dangerous and counter productive. But there is another concern and that is the misapplication of the term Antifa, especially by President, to cover ALL counter protesters rather than limiting it just to those whom seek out physical confrontation with their fascist adversaries. This grotesque misapplication curtails the civil rights of the vast majority of peaceful protesters who just want to be heard.

So it's important to reject these claims of equivalence between Antifa and the white supremacist groups they oppose. Antifa opposes racism and fascism but uses unacceptable tactics. Far right extremist groups on the other hand use even more extreme violence to intimidate minorities and undermine democratic norms. They have also been one of the largest sources of domestic terror incidents in the US that have killed hundreds of people over the past 10 years alone

Last edited:
I'll have more sympathy for the media calling on the Proud Boys to be condemned when they start condemning the violence of BLM and ANTIFA. As far as I know the Proud Boys only go after them then they get in trouble with the law like they should. They don't stalk into restaurants screaming at people and knocking their dishes onto the floor. they don't throw Molotov ****tails at police. They don't burn places down or drag motorists out of their cars to beat them.

Are they associated with White Supremacy ? From the pictures they look multiracial ? Are they a fascist group ? Learning about groups is a passion to avoid irrationality.
Yes i see mixed races in the proud boys groups. I see hispanics, blacks etc in there.
You cannot be a white supremicist group and allow people other than white to join your parades.

people that cry white nationalists have no idea what they are talking about.

Yes i see mixed races in the proud boys groups. I see hispanics, blacks etc in there.
You cannot be a white supremicist group and allow people other than white to join your parades.

They like to chant jews will not replace us

So it's important to reject these claims of equivalence between Antifa and the white supremacist groups they oppose.

Who cares what road you take to your destination ?! both roads lead to hell. Sometimes the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

They are a RW terrorist group.

The FBI thinks otherwise. Oh right I forgot, the FBI is a part of the deep state.

"The FBI tries to characterize potential threats from members of the Proud Boys but does not designate groups, Cannon explained.

“We do not intend and did not intend to designate the group as extremist,” he said of the presentation, according to the Oregonian".

Actually, the FBI does "not" consider the Proud Boys to be a white supremist group. You are probably getting your claim from the Southern Poverty Law Center which is a far left propaganda organization.

Interesting how in Canada they even have a website. I guess the FBI report was dismissed by our RCMP or I am missing something.

Having a website isn't confirmation of legitimacy. Anyone can have a website.

Proud Boys are violent scum, who go out looking for fights. They're no better than the Antifa scum going out doing the same. It's laughable that some will condemn Antifa's violence, but support and defend the Proud Boys.

I'm not sure it matters at this point if the Proud Boys are in fact a White Supremacist group or not.

Wallace asked if Trump condemned white supremacists. Trump asked for an example. Wallace said the Proud Boys.
From there, Trump answered the question and didn't dispute whether the Proud Boys were a white supremacist group or not. He accepted it as true an answered the question. TRUMP himself, in effect, labeled them as a white supremacist group. And his only message to them was to "Stand down and stand by".

Wallace didn't say it. Biden suggested the Proud Boys and Trump took the bait, hook, line and sinker. And what he said was "stand back and stand by". Not stand down.

Proud Boys are violent scum, who go out looking for fights. They're no better than the Antifa scum going out doing the same. It's laughable that some will condemn Antifa's violence, but support and defend the Proud Boys.
You once again didn't read my argument which is why you fail.
THis is what we call a classic strawman argument.

I never said they weren't violent and i never said i supported them so you are lying right there.

What I did say was that I see black people and Hispanic people marching with the proud boys.
You cannot be a white nationalist group and march with black people and Hispanics in your group.

That is the opposite of what white nationalism means.

Now how hard was that? it wasn't so you are either lying or being dishonest I will let you pick.
Next time it helps to read what people say not make up what they didn't say.

I never said they weren't violent and i never said i supported them so you are lying right there.

What I did say was that I see black people and Hispanic people marching with the proud boys.
You cannot be a white nationalist group and march with black people and Hispanics in your group.

Now how hard was that? it wasn't so you are either lying or being dishonest I will let you pick.
Should they be condemed?

You can make all the deflections you want for Trump coddling up to a violent alt-right group. Doesn't matter.

BTW, you seem to be doing quite well with engaging with the gaslighting you put forth, gee’s, being dishonest about being totally dishonest is a new twist on debate.
Being a slave to the Cult of Donnie Dirtbag, you wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to recognize honesty or truth, by definition.

"The FBI tries to characterize potential threats from members of the Proud Boys but does not designate groups, Cannon explained.

“We do not intend and did not intend to designate the group as extremist,” he said of the presentation, according to the Oregonian".

Actually, the FBI does "not" consider the Proud Boys to be a white supremist group. You are probably getting your claim from the Southern Poverty Law Center which is a far left propaganda organization.
Is that a report from 2018?

Proud Boys of Serbia :))) :

On a more serious note, some of these comments are written by people that have no legitimacy to use words like Nazi or Communists.

My grandma lived WW2 in Romania, under German occupation and Russian occupation. She seen communism and fascism, two equally evil systems based on group thinking. She seen neighbors turning on neighbors, she witnessed that when joining a group the humanity goes out of the window.

This is a story about individuals joining groups and ideologies and therefore losing their rational thinking. You can be ignorant and say words: "nazi this, nazi that", "communist this, communist that", I do it too :)) but do you think the average German citizen woke up one day and said: "I will become an extremist. Of course not, but when hardships starts impacting your family and your basic needs EVERYONE has it in them to become what you call an extremist which is based on fear. Also you can take the same example with the soviet worker that became a communist.

At the individual level every human being has decency and just wants a good quiet life. There are some very smart people, probably psychopathic that create and lead these groups. Black Lives Matter, Anti - Fa, Proud Boys followers are mostly idealists or troubled individuals being used by these puppeteers. They get rich & maintain power and you get:

- Criminal Record
- Loss of Job
- Jail
- Family Alienation
- Lack of freedom

"The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap." - Ayn Rand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom