• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Proud Boys are not, as far as I'm aware, a white supremacist group ?!

Yeah, they never would have existed if it weren't for Antifa. You people can and do lie about anything and everything.

Look up who run the Proud Boys. It aint no white guy. Kinda hard to be a white supremist if you aint white.

Do you defend the Proud Boys or not?

No, I do not defend Proud Boys.

I don't like any mobs or any mass protests of any kind. I don't like any group that does so. Right. Left. Otherwise.

If people gather for any political purpose to hear and make statements - complying with all laws including staying out of streets, all traffic laws and harassing/threatening no one - there is a right to do so. Otherwise, I oppose any group gathering to do anything else - period. I oppose, BLM, Antifa, Proud Boys or any other group that engages in any even minor illegal, disruptive, threatening, harassing or destructive conduct. Anyone doing so should be arrested.

Anyone blocking traffic should be arrested. Anyone who terrifies someone by ranting in their face should be arrested. Anyone taking or damaging any property not theirs should be arrested. Anyone who vandalizes by spray paint should be arrested. Anyone starting any fire should be arrested...

Get the idea of MY opinion on all of this?

One of Trump's great failures - and of things likely to cost him re-election - is his not declaring a state of emergency in riot-cities deploying the federal police, FBI, DHS and National Guard to arrest and imprison the anarchist domestic terrorists riots. He should send in federal officers and arrest/prosecute all of them. His excuse that the mayor don't ask him too is crap. His oath is not to be an employee of Democratic Party mayors. Presidents starting with George Washington used the militia to HARSHLY put down any insurrection and anarchy.

Last edited:
You can't be so ignorant to be unaware of the historical antipathy between Black and Brown minorities in this country. This is what's always happened to marginalized minorities in this country's history. Every new immigrant wave got shat on by the previous ones but the Black community was always on the bottom of all of them despite the fact that it had been here, albeit under a yoke, for many generations before. The White Christian elite relished watching them all tear at each other for a scrap of the pie.

So why are there so many black guys in Proud Boys?

No, I do not defend Proud Boys.

I don't like any mobs or any mass protests of any kind. I don't like any group that does so. Right. Left. Otherwise.

Well, there's nothing wrong with peaceful protests. I will admit though that all too often less desirable people will try to use peaceful protests for their own reasons.

The Proud Boys came into the national spotlight after several years of forging relationships with members of the Republican political establishment. They carved a niche for themselves as a right wing fight club and volunteer security force for the GOP. They are regulars at far right demonstrations and Trump rallies. Obviously there is an overlap between their views and those of President Trump. As we saw last night. Their social media follower and membership numbers really took off after Trump's was elected in 2016. Trump further raised their profile by refusing to condemn the far right violence that resulted in in a death of a woman at the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally sponsored and organized by the Proud Boys, saying that were "good people" on both sides. The incident you are referring to occurred outside the Metropolitan Republican in Manhattan. They were there at the invite of that club. The Proud Boys speak out of both sides of the mouths. Claiming to reject white nationalism/supremacy and the term alt right while simultaneously espousing many of their central tenets. After last night if there is anyone out there that thinks Trump isn't running on a white supremacist platform and green lighting the threat of political violence they're either deaf, blind or both.

The Proud Boys are on record as being security for Roger Stone.

Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. ... Forces always come in pairs - equal and opposite action-reaction force pairs.

So you point out the criminal background of some Proud Boys members? Where do you point to the criminal backgrounds of those black men shot in criminal conflicts with police?
That is your job, you know like when the kid murdered two people and shoot a third and you guys went after the victims.

**** all nazis.

Proud Boys are just the Antifa of the right. People bitching about Antifa should also be bitching about Proud Boys.

Except at least there really was a real antifa in the United States once.

Antifa Real Antifa.jpg

And our President just high-fived the Pro-Fa last night.

So why are there so many black guys in Proud Boys?

Minorities being pulled into what are at their core White Supremacist causes has a history is this country as old as Slavery.

After several years of forging alliances with members of the Republican political establishment, the Proud Boys have carved out a niche for themselves as both a right-wing fight club and a volunteer security force for the GOP. You are who you hang with. Trump is an outright racist and the father of modern conservatism, the supposed cornerstone of the GOP Bill Buckley was racist as hell. Despite their associations with mainstream politicians, Proud Boys’ actions and statements repeatedly land them in the company of white supremacists and right-wing extremists. Jason Kessler, the primary organizer of the deadly 2017 Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville, is a former Proud Boy. Several members attended the violent August 12, 2017 demonstration that ended in the death of counter-protestor Heather Heyer. You are who you hang with.

During an October 2018 brawl ourside the Metropolitican Republican Club in Manhattan for which two Proud Boys members were convicted and sentenced to substantial prison terms, and seven others pled guilty, the Proud Boys were joined by the 211 Bootboys, an ultra-nationalist and violent skinhead gang based in New York City. In October 2019, members of the Denver chapter of the Proud Boys marched with members of Patriot Front and former members of the now-defunct neo-Nazi group Traditionalist Workers Party. You are who you hang with.

Except at least there really was a real antifa in the United States once.

View attachment 67297194

And our President just high-fived the Pro-Fa last night.
Back in the day, there was a real Antifa, not what we have now. A group of violent thugs who co-opted a name for branding and propaganda purposes.

Clarification. After looking deeper in to the subject, I discovered I was mistaken. So, I wanted to come back and admit my mistake, (something you would NEVER see a Trumptard do.)

In November of 2018, articles were written stating that the Clark County Sheriff's Dept. reported that the F.B.I. declared the Proud Boys as an extremist group.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/20/6697...xtremist-group-with-ties-to-white-nationalism

Soon, thereafter,, the F.B.I. backed away from that, saying that is not actually the case. The F.B.I. offered clarification shortly after the original claim was made by the Washington law enforcement internal affairs that the F.B.I. declared the Proud Boys were an extremist group.

In November of 2018, the F.B.I. backed away from the Clark County claim saying, " “Our focus is not on membership in particular groups but on individuals who commit violence and criminal activity that constitutes a federal crime or poses a threat to national security,” a statement distributed by spokeswoman Kelsey Pietranton in November said. “When it comes to domestic terrorism, our investigations focus solely on criminal activity of individuals — regardless of group membership — which appears to be intended to intimidate or coerce the civilian population or influence the policy of the government by intimidation or coercion. The FBI does not and will not police ideology.” The F.B.I. went on further to say, " “There have been instances where self-identified Proud Boys have been violent,” he said. “We do not intend and we do not designate groups, especially broad national groups, as extremists.”

So apparently, the F.B.I. does not designate broad national groups as "extremists" as a matter policy. So, I was mistaken.

But neither did the F.B.I. say they were NOT an extremist group either. The F.B.I. does not designate "extremist groups" but the FBI does go on to say,

"A high-ranking FBI agent told reporters that the Western-chauvinist group Proud Boys, which has made headlines for its part in violent clashes in Portland, Ore., and New York, is not considered an extremist group, contradicting a report from a Washington state sheriff’s office that circulated in November.

Additional clarification came soon thereafter, According to the Oregonian, Special Agent in Charge Renn Cannon said during a discussion with Portland-area journalists that the FBI had not intended to designate the group as extremist during a slide show with the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. That office later released a report that said the FBI considers the group to have ties to white nationalism, an assertion to which the Proud Boys objected."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ider-proud-boys-an-extremist-group-agent-says

So, by all appearances, the Proud Boys are an extremist group, with ties to white nationalism, however, the F.B.I. does not make such designations. So, I stand corrected.

You decide.

Show of hands.

Who regards the Proud Boys as an extremist group?

Seriously, is there any doubt?

Even though the F.B.I. did not officially designate the Proud Boys as an extremist group, (as that is not their policy) they did not say they are not. But what they DO say pretty much defines them as such, although they can't come right out and say it, as a matter of policy. (Which is probably a very good idea lest they find a banker's box sitting on their desk if Trump found out they spoke negatively of his beloved children-of-hate.)

Beyond the semantics of tomato/to-mah-toe, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the Proud Boys are an extremist group?

I'm not sure it matters at this point if the Proud Boys are in fact a White Supremacist group or not.

Wallace asked if Trump condemned white supremacists. Trump asked for an example. Wallace said the Proud Boys.
From there, Trump answered the question and didn't dispute whether the Proud Boys were a white supremacist group or not. He accepted it as true an answered the question. TRUMP himself, in effect, labeled them as a white supremacist group. And his only message to them was to "Stand down and stand by".

The actual quote was, "Stand back and stand down", and it came from Wallace's unfortunate question phrasing. In asking trump to condemn them, he added, 'ask them to stand down', and trump seized on that phrase, instead of the 'condemn' part - but he had said 'yes', and that he 'will condemn' anyone Wallace wants, just give him a name... trump HAS condemned white supremacists, he does it just enough to say he's done it. He'll say the words.

Back in the day, there was a real Antifa, not what we have now. A group of violent thugs who co-opted a name for branding and propaganda purposes.

The thing is, a lot of what spurs these groups on is really all the hand-wringing going on.
Every single generation has had outlier splinter groups that do stupid stuff, mostly unhinged youths with little else to do.
If one tries to envision these outfits from a first person perspective the reason for the attraction seems palpably real.
It must feel like PURE FREEDOM to be in one of these groups, right, left or otherwise.
And it IS that heady rush of excitement that ends up distracting most of them from any tangible sense of purpose.
One does not see Red Cross workers exhibiting feelings of a heady rush of excitement, one doesn't find FEMA workers holding rallies to get their personnel excited and spellbound with adrenaline fueled anger and adulation.
Nobody is making political memes about AIDS hospice volunteers high-fiving each other over some political goal and one does not see electrical and telephone linemen running around "in costume" engaging in battles with postal employees.

What I'm getting at is, if the s**t is real, like in a real actual war, everything gets sober and serious in a hurry.
Soldiers come home and often are reluctant to share accounts of their experiences but Proud Boys and Antifa can't stop talking about themselves and how they kicked ass.
When they see the reactions on the internet, they think it's a win win win.

I guess I wasn’t paying attention, please link to a video or transcript for this posts claims. As a side note, I find it interesting for someone on a message board that clearly supports Antifa and the Marxist BLM organization to be critiquing this insignificant club.

I do not care that you wish to validate your vote for an anti-American that supports white supremacy. I do not have to participate in my own gaslighting.

If you wish to support Trump, you own it. So own it. Stop trying to convince folks they didn’t see what they saw. Grow up and use your words to argue for who you are.

Man you are going back a long way though. You are talking about the 1970's and 1980's, frigging 50 years ago!

Dating the crap out of myself AGAIN!

I'll have more sympathy for the media calling on the Proud Boys to be condemned when they start condemning the violence of BLM and ANTIFA. As far as I know the Proud Boys only go after them then they get in trouble with the law like they should. They don't stalk into restaurants screaming at people and knocking their dishes onto the floor. they don't throw Molotov ****tails at police. They don't burn places down or drag motorists out of their cars to beat them.

Are they associated with White Supremacy ? From the pictures they look multiracial ? Are they a fascist group ? Learning about groups is a passion to avoid irrationality.
I like that you think you left yourself an escape route with that "as far as I'm aware" but it really just tells us that you make yourself deliberately "unaware" of inconvenient truths.

“Maybe the reason I’m sexist is because women are dumb. No, I’m just kidding, ladies. But you do tend to not thrive in certain areas — like writing.”
—Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, June 28, 2017

“I just realized something. Cory Booker is kind of like Sambo. He’s kind of shucking and jiving for the white man. Cory Booker grew up rich in an all-white suburb. He’s basically a white guy. His parents were very wealthy executives at IBM… .But he wants to be a black dude, so he pretends that he’s down with the brothers and he acts outraged about racism all the time — for white people. That gets him votes from whites.”
—Gavin McInnes on his CRTV show “Get Off My Lawn,” January 17, 2018

and the best one of all coming from Gavin (LOL)...

“Palestinians are stupid. Muslims are stupid. And the only thing they really respect is violence and being tough.”
—Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, March 8, 2017

Back
Top Bottom