• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The President just committed another crime this morning

Wrong again, conspiracy to commit crimes is also a crime.
If I gather a bunch of people together and draw up plans to rob a bunch of banks, and word gets out to the cops, I/we can be arrested for conspiracy to commit armed robbery, even if we never walked into a single bank

Try it sometime.

I'm genuinely curious how trump supporters are able to stay out of prison for more than a week.

No, it wasn't.

Yeah, no. To anyone familiar with Trump's record and with even a shred of intellectual honesty, he was directly telegraphing his intentions, and means witness tampering.

You don't have to like it, but it won't change that simple fact.

Feel free to keep pretending that that tweet was completely innocuous.

[emphasis added by bubba]

what have kelly and mattis lied about?

I seem to recall Kelly lying about Trump's phone call with the widow of the soldier from Florida. Trump calls Mattis a Democrat, so he is not in the orbit obviously.

Got to love how all the posts start from the presumption Trump etc being guilty of [insert crime] based on a feeling I guess and then read all acts forward to cover that up. You also would have to assume he pretty stupid which all things considered is a little naive.

Not exclusive to trump either, there this video of Hilary making a joke and commentators as proof positive she is a racist and it's like really guys — it's funny, and even if the joke could be in poor taste it is well timed and clearly lands.

If you want to establish an accurate view of someone's intent, you're supposed to contrast a presumption innocence compared to a presumption of guilt. That is intellectual honesty.

If you think these actions and statements are in line with someone who typically guilty. I not sure you follow many of these types of matters.

He acting 100% in accordance with his stated story of intent(he beleive it's a politcal attack job). Even if you think that is untrue that is far more consistant with the way he is acting then a person trying to offer pardons over twitter...I mean really.

Wrong again, conspiracy to commit crimes is also a crime.
If I gather a bunch of people together and draw up plans to rob a bunch of banks, and word gets out to the cops, I/we can be arrested for conspiracy to commit armed robbery, even if we never walked into a single bank

Try it sometime.

Bold: That is an act. Not assumptions.

Yeah, no. To anyone familiar with Trump's record and with even a shred of intellectual honesty, he was directly telegraphing his intentions, and means witness tampering.

You don't have to like it, but it won't change that simple fact.

Feel free to keep pretending that that tweet was completely innocuous.

So, if I applaud someone for standing up against someone else that means that I'm secretly telling them to kill them? Because that is what your argument amounts to. You know, and I know, that no court would ever accept such an absurd leap. The only ones that accept such an absurd argument are those that hate Trump and want him gone by any means necessary.

So, if I applaud someone for standing up against someone else that means that I'm secretly telling them to kill them? Because that is what your argument amounts to. You know, and I know, that no court would ever accept such an absurd leap. The only ones that accept such an absurd argument are those that hate Trump and want him gone by any means necessary.

Read the applicable U.S. Code statutes pertaining to influencing witnesses by writing.

Read the applicable U.S. Code statutes pertaining to influencing witnesses by writing.

now, share with us how that applies to the tweet the twit tweeted
if you do so, i suspect you may see that no obvious violation of the statute was committed

That smells like a fishing expedition. Independent prosecutors should be investigating a single crime or incident.

SIAP. Special counsels are fishing expeditions. Bill Clinton's became a fishing expedition and so is Trump's. I guess the special counsel has to justify their existence and there certainly is a lot of political pressure put on the special counsel to produce convictions.

SIAP. Special counsels are fishing expeditions. Bill Clinton's became a fishing expedition and so is Trump's. I guess the special counsel has to justify their existence.

This investigation isn't a fishing trip. The SCO seems to be catching plenty of witches, though.

SIAP. Special counsels are fishing expeditions. Bill Clinton's became a fishing expedition and so is Trump's. I guess the special counsel has to justify their existence.

if there is nothing there to find, they will not find anything to prosecute
it would be a wonderful thing if Mueller came to the conclusion that tRump has clean hands
the country could then move forward, past the suspicion that tRump conspired with the russian oligarchs and committed treason against our own country

This investigation isn't a fishing trip. The SCO seems to be catching plenty of witches, though.

You mean a lot of process crimes like lying to the FBI? Crimes that didn't happen until after the special counsel investigation began?

if there is nothing there to find, they will not find anything to prosecute
it would be a wonderful thing if Mueller came to the conclusion that tRump has clean hands
the country could then move forward, past the suspicion that tRump conspired with the russian oligarchs and committed treason against our own country

I infer you don't think Mueller has found any crimes?

I infer you don't think Mueller has found any crimes?

That would be an inaccurate inference
My hope is our nations president did not sell our nation to the Russians
But that will not be known until the release of Mueller's report

Yawn. That wasn't what he was doing. Don't worry about it if it's such a difficult thing to wrap one's head around. You know, and I know, that you're whistling past a graveyard that terrifies you.

The only ones that don't get it are those that support Trump no matter what he does.

Yawn. That wasn't what he was doing. Don't worry about it if it's such a difficult thing to wrap one's head around. You know, and I know, that you're whistling past a graveyard that terrifies you.

The only ones that don't get it are those that support Trump no matter what he does.

That is exactly what you are saying that he is doing. All I did was use your own "logic".

This is witness tampering sort of like Flynn talking to the Russian ambassador was a violation of the Logan Act.

You mean a lot of process crimes like lying to the FBI? Crimes that didn't happen until after the special counsel investigation began?

Nope.

Back
Top Bottom