• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Pentagon Will End Its Ban on Transgender Americans

Veterans dying from PTSD suicides, and others waiting years for treatment of military injuries. And yet, the government finds another way to increase the medical burden on a already incompetent system.

The entire system needs to be burn't to the ground...........................starting with the Pentagon and White House.

Veterans dying from PTSD suicides, and others waiting years for treatment of military injuries. And yet, the government finds another way to increase the medical burden on a already incompetent system.

The entire system needs to be burn't to the ground...........................starting with the Pentagon and White House.

We're seeing more cases of PTSD, because of the pus sification of our armed forces.

Just like those sailors that were kidnapped by Iran. They forgot their obligation 5 minutes after they surrendered.

What I find even more infuriating is that SecDef stated that "they" had conducted a year long "study" before making this determination. The Marine Corps conducted a TWO year field study that showed without a doubt that infantry units that were composed of both male and female Marines had a significantly lower combat readiness than those that were male only. That however carried no weight when they requested a waiver of the requirement to allow females into all Military Occupational Specialties (MOS).

When is the US Citizenry going to stop following these Progressive BS artist and vote with their brain. How could any logically thinking person believe that there is no difference between males and females (other than the obvious). How does anyone believe that allowing women to serve in the infantry, artillery or armored forces, homosexuals to serve openly and now cross dressers to serve (and get free medical treatment) is going to increase the operational readiness of our Armed Forces?

The man said that we are doing this to ensure the best qualified can serve. By being a homosexual or being a tranny you have made yourself UNQUALIFIED to serve.

Simpleχity;1066022092 said:
The Pentagon Will End Its Ban on Transgender Americans

A formal announcement is expected some time in July....

defense-large.jpg

Awesome policy!! So we'll have an army of Klingers. That ought to win us the next war. :roll:

I recall similar things being said when they allowed blacks to take combat positions after WW2.

That black folks need ongoing medical treatment to remain black? I missed that one.

No offense to the transgender but I'm just amazed at how much destruction a Commander in Chief can do in one 8 year term in office. I guess that's the overall intent - dismantle the basic institutions of the U.S. Anyone who votes for Hillary must be intent on complete self-destruction. Sorry, but I'm a frustrated citizen - and U.S. Military veteran.

"no offense but you're completely destructive" or "no offense but including you in the military would completely destroy it"

yeah that makes a lot of sense. At least take a consistent position

Well, he did say he was going to 'fundamentally transform' America. Now we know what he meant.

I did not think he would be quite this successful. The check and balance system has failed.

"no offense but you're completely destructive" or "no offense but including you in the military would completely destroy it"

yeah that makes a lot of sense. At least take a consistent position

This is but just one issue. The last 8 years have been a disaster and if you don't know it, I'm sure you can feel that something is not quite right.

This is but just one issue. The last 8 years have been a disaster and if you don't know it, I'm sure you can feel that something is not quite right.

Obama will be seen by history as a very successful and consequential president. Providing health insurance to 20 million Americans is the obvious headliner. If you feel that "something" is "not quite right," maybe that's because you believe that global warming is a myth, that women should not have a right to choose, and that exploding the deficit by slashing taxes for the already rich is just a groovy way to get America "on track" again.

Or maybe you're just disappointed that Sarah Palin didn't get a chance to run our nation.

Obama will be seen by history as a very successful and consequential president. Providing health insurance to 20 million Americans is the obvious headliner.

Oh really? Many people I know have been negatively affected by higher rates, having to find new doctors, etc. In fact, not that they don't exist, but I personally don't know a single person who has actually benefited from Obama care. The country is not a better place.

Oh really? Many people I know have been negatively affected by higher rates, having to find new doctors, etc. In fact, not that they don't exist, but I personally don't know a single person who has actually benefited from Obama care. The country is not a better place.

lol medicaid expansion alone OBVIOUSLY would benefit anyone who didn't have insurance

and rates would've gone up anyway, as they had every year for decades. The difference is tens of millions have subsidies or medicaid, no one can be denied for "preexisting condition", and a few hundred k are paying the tax penalty

lol medicaid expansion alone OBVIOUSLY would benefit anyone who didn't have insurance

and rates would've gone up anyway, as they had every year for decades. The difference is tens of millions have subsidies or medicaid, no one can be denied for "preexisting condition", and a few hundred k are paying the tax penalty

Not all of the ACA is bad. But not all is good with it either. So people, and politicians have to decide what to fix about it - and hopefully fix a lot of other problems we have. We definitely need a change in direction.

I suppose it will be similar to what they are doing with women in combat positions. Make the physical standards MOS specific rather than gender specific. There will certainly be lots of issues, though. I will wait and see how they address them before passing judgement.

One issue is the need for expensive hormone treatments and/or surgery to keep the gender choice properly bent.

How Much It Costs to Be Transgender in America | Teen Vogue

Great news!

Transgender Americans are more likely to serve than their cis counterparts. They deserve to be respected for their service and dedication, not be forced into hiding.
Also, with as many skirmishes that the USA can find it's way in to--no mater who is President--the government is going to need anyone that can hold on to a gun.

Because there just are not enough billionaires in the military establishment. :roll:

Also, with as many skirmishes that the USA can find it's way in to--no mater who is President--the government is going to need anyone that can hold on to a gun.

Because there just are not enough billionaires in the military establishment. :roll:

Right...that's why we've resorted to conscription...oh, wait...

So you don't know a single one of the 20 million American who now have health insurance thanks to Barrack Obama? What a shame. You really need to venture out of your gated community more often. There's a whole world beyond Fox News and your country club.

Low-income patients with diabetes are getting better access to medical care in states that have expanded Medicaid coverage through the Affordable Care Act, suggests a new study that provides one of the first indications of the sweeping law's health effects.
Residents of other states are at risk of being left behind.
Diabetes study shows benefits of expanded Medicaid under Obamacare - LA Times

When Alexander Star was 15 years old, he thought he was the picture of health, especially after he made the varsity basketball team. But when he told one of his teachers he needed to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, she rightly told him he should be checked for diabetes. Frequent urination is a classic warning sign.
When the doctors tested Star’s blood glucose level, it was 1,300 mg/dL – dangerously high considering that even in people with diabetes the goal is to keep blood glucose levels between about 100 and 150 mg/dL.
“The doctors wondered why I wasn’t in a coma,” says Star, who is now a 29-year-old recording artist/songwriter living in Florida. “That was the beginning of my journey as a type 1 diabetic.”
He started taking better care of his health, which includes eating right, as well as taking insulin and checking his blood glucose levels multiple times a day, a regimen that can get expensive. He was covered under his father’s insurance plan until he turned 26 – when he suddenly found himself without health insurance he could afford.
“The COBRA plan I was on shot up from $120 a month to $512 a month for the exact same plan, a cost that was not do-able for me,” Star says. Fortunately, the Obamacare marketplace opened up soon after and he enrolled in a new plan.
“If it wasn’t for Obamacare, I don’t know how I’d be capable of taking care of myself,” Star says. “Even if I had a lot of money, before Obamacare they could still decline me because I have a pre-existing condition.”
Star signed up for a plan with better coverage and more personal attention than he received from his previous plan. His premiums are around $150 a month and he doesn’t pay anything extra for his insulin pump or continuous blood glucose monitor – diabetes management options his previous provider never even told him about.
https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2016/01/20/life-with-diabetes-is-sweeter-thanks-to-obamacare/

Last edited:
So you don't know a single one of the 20 million American who now have health insurance thanks to Barrack Obama? What a shame. You really need to venture out of your gated community more often. There's a whole world beyond Fox News and your country club.

Diabetes study shows benefits of expanded Medicaid under Obamacare - LA Times

https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2016/01/20/life-with-diabetes-is-sweeter-thanks-to-obamacare/

I'm sure there are examples of people who've benefited and I am happy for those who need it and who have actually benefited from it. I believe however, the general overall benefits are widely exaggerated when compared to the costs. It's hard to believe that after cramming the law in without even one single vote from Republicans, they didn't even have the website working properly. Obama and the Democratic machine is very divisive in my opinion. They have a lot of flaws but the constant politicization and demagoguery of every issue - even health care has really turned me off.

I'm sure there are examples of people who've benefited and I am happy for those who need it and who have actually benefited from it. I believe however, the general overall benefits are widely exaggerated when compared to the costs. It's hard to believe that after cramming the law in without even one single vote from Republicans, they didn't even have the website working properly. Obama and the Democratic machine is very divisive in my opinion. They have a lot of flaws but the constant politicization and demagoguery of every issue - even health care has really turned me off.

Yeah, and it's so one-sided. Here are the Republicans, open-handed, hearts on their sleeves, trying so hard to work cooperatively with the man they claimed palled around with terrorists, who was born in Kenya, who couldn't speak without a teleprompter. They demanded to see his birth certificate. How often has that happened? Never, right? Was it just because he was black? Or just because he was a Democrat? Which was it, do you think, that caused these friendly and cooperative Republicans to be such assholes?
Here were the Republicans, shouting "You lie!" in the midst of a joint session of Congress, an affront not even Tricky Dick Nixon saw.
Newt Gingrich referred to Obama's "Kenyan anti-colonial behavior."
Republicans invited a foreign leader to address Congress without notifying the White House--never happened before.
Senate Majority Leader McConnell stated that “Our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term.”
Not a single Republican vote for the fiscal stimulus package that helped get us out of the worst economic crisis in 70 years. The GOP would rather see the nation crash than see Obama succeed.
Not a single Republican vote for the health care program that has provided health insurance for 20 million Americans. The GOP didn't care that Americans couldn't get health care. They just didn't care. That's nothing to blame Democrats for. The GOP just saw it as a political battle to win or lose. The people who needed health care were obviously irrelevant.
Unprecedented refusals to allow votes on presidential appointees. Unprecedented.
Unprecedented attempt to sabotage Obama's dealing with Iran. Politics used to end at the waters' edge. Not with today's Republicans.
Unprecedented refusal to negotiate in good faith on the budget.
Refused to meet with Obama’s budget director to discuss the president’s annual budget. The snub, the first of its kind in decades, came before Obama submitted his budget.

Last edited:
It's terrible news. How do you set physical fitness standards for a male that thinks he's a woman? How's that going to work? Just lower the standards for everyone? Make our forces weaker? What about when a woman who thinks she's a man can't meet the males standards? And they haven't even considered billeting. This is either rank stupidity, or an attempt to intetionally undermine the readiness of our armed forces.

Such silliness... :roll:

The physical standards should be sexless and more MOS based than some sex dependent standard. Most of the military sits at a desk, or 'work station'. Our force is 'weaker' than in my steel pot generation simply because far more in the rear with the gear and are not combat arms. A brigade personnel clerk isn't going to be humping a ruck everyday (hell won't see a rifle but perhaps twice a year- get real)

Billeting???? Dude, most permanent party barracks are two 'man' rooms that share a full bath between 2 rooms. Not a serious problem. Gays openly serve- this is even less of an issue when it comes to the barracks.

Such rather ignorant excuses are not reality based- fact is most males don't need to be Grunt tough, and in fact are not... :peace

Such silliness... :roll:

The physical standards should be sexless and more MOS based than some sex dependent standard. Most of the military sits at a desk, or 'work station'. Our force is 'weaker' than in my steel pot generation simply because far more in the rear with the gear and are not combat arms. A brigade personnel clerk isn't going to be humping a ruck everyday (hell won't see a rifle but perhaps twice a year- get real)

Billeting???? Dude, most permanent party barracks are two 'man' rooms that share a full bath between 2 rooms. Not a serious problem. Gays openly serve- this is even less of an issue when it comes to the barracks.

Such rather ignorant excuses are not reality based- fact is most males don't need to be Grunt tough, and in fact are not... :peace

But...the standardsare based on gender. That's where your post goes wrong.

You can't base PT standards on MOS, because in the Marine Corps and other Army everybody is a rifleman. So, yes, everybody needs to be, "grunt tough". Both physically and mentally.

Yeah, and it's so one-sided. Here are the Republicans, open-handed, hearts on their sleeves, trying so hard to work cooperatively with the man they claimed palled around with terrorists, who was born in Kenya, who couldn't speak without a teleprompter. They demanded to see his birth certificate. How often has that happened? Never, right? Was it just because he was black? Or just because he was a Democrat? Which was it, do you think, that caused these friendly and cooperative Republicans to be such assholes?
Here were the Republicans, shouting "You lie!" in the midst of a joint session of Congress, an affront not even Tricky Dick Nixon saw.
Newt Gingrich referred to Obama's "Kenyan anti-colonial behavior."
Republicans invited a foreign leader to address Congress without notifying the White House--never happened before.
Senate Majority Leader McConnell stated that “Our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term.”
Not a single Republican vote for the fiscal stimulus package that helped get us out of the worst economic crisis in 70 years. The GOP would rather see the nation crash than see Obama succeed.
Not a single Republican vote for the health care program that has provided health insurance for 20 million Americans. The GOP didn't care that Americans couldn't get health care. They just didn't care. That's nothing to blame Democrats for. The GOP just saw it as a political battle to win or lose. The people who needed health care were obviously irrelevant.
Unprecedented refusals to allow votes on presidential appointees. Unprecedented.
Unprecedented attempt to sabotage Obama's dealing with Iran. Politics used to end at the waters' edge. Not with today's Republicans.
Unprecedented refusal to negotiate in good faith on the budget.
Refused to meet with Obama’s budget director to discuss the president’s annual budget. The snub, the first of its kind in decades, came before Obama submitted his budget.

I think most, if not all you stated is factual so you deserve a reply for a reasonable post. First - is it not true that Obama "palled around with a known terrorist"? I believe his name was Bill Ayers. Second - The fact he is black has nothing to do with most republicans not liking him. It's because his leftist (some may say anti-American) views and actions have made our country less safe, less secure, and just plain weaker in all aspects of what makes a nation strong. It's amazing at how far we've gone in 8 years and I have trouble believing people would actually consider voting for more. Just my two cents worth. Aside from voting, there is not much I can do about it.

I think most, if not all you stated is factual so you deserve a reply for a reasonable post. First - is it not true that Obama "palled around with a known terrorist"? I believe his name was Bill Ayers. Second - The fact he is black has nothing to do with most republicans not liking him. It's because his leftist (some may say anti-American) views and actions have made our country less safe, less secure, and just plain weaker in all aspects of what makes a nation strong. It's amazing at how far we've gone in 8 years and I have trouble believing people would actually consider voting for more. Just my two cents worth. Aside from voting, there is not much I can do about it.

Thanks for the reply. Please give me a few examples of Obama's views and actions that have made our country "less safe, less secure, and just plain weaker." Because offhand, I can't think of any. Seriously. As a retired Navy Commander with an MA in Political Science, I don't think I'm naive, especially with regards to national security. But please, enlighten me. I like to think that I'm open to rational, factual arguments.

But...the standards are based on gender. That's where your post goes wrong. You can't base PT standards on MOS, because in the Marine Corps and other Army everybody is a rifleman. So, yes, everybody needs to be, "grunt tough". Both physically and mentally.

No Sir, I've seen more than a few wide body pogue Jarheads and a whole bushel basket of just plain fat boy REMF army guys... no few are Grunt tough, VERY few... :doh

I'm trying to say the PT standard should be MOS based and not gender dependent- want to be a grunt- male or female- pass the 11 Bush PT test. Want to play on a computer, work on electronics, then a different standard is needed as those REMFs are FAR better for a strong mind, not a strong back.

Even back in the dreaded Warsaw Pact days the REMFs rarely worked up to Grunt tough and few ever fired an M16a1 more than once a year. I recall several senior NCOs shooting expert with a #2 and not an M16... :peace

No Sir, I've seen more than a few wide body pogue Jarheads and a whole bushel basket of just plain fat boy REMF army guys... no few are Grunt tough, VERY few... :doh

I'm trying to say the PT standard should be MOS based and not gender dependent- want to be a grunt- male or female- pass the 11 Bush PT test. Want to play on a computer, work on electronics, then a different standard is needed as those REMFs are FAR better for a strong mind, not a strong back.

Even back in the dreaded Warsaw Pact days the REMFs rarely worked up to Grunt tough and few ever fired an M16a1 more than once a year. I recall several senior NCOs shooting expert with a #2 and not an M16... :peace

And things are getting easier than they were them.

Back
Top Bottom