• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The New Age Decadence: Are we doomed?

Should this **** be shown on daytime tv?

• Hell yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • hell no

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • other, explain

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
That's right. It has no social redeeming qualities and it just plain sucks. The only one who I like from that genre is Lady Gaga.

So you object to Ke$ha, ostensibly because she promotes drugs and alcohol, but are a fan of Lady Gaga?

Seriously?

It's Ke$ha :2razz:

And she's a talentless hack, and without the advent of autotune wouldn't have a career in the music industry. She'll probably fade away as soon as she arrived. Nothing to see here.
I agree as it seems with many so called artist today, look back in time and most muscians didn't require autotune, props, weird clothing, being half naked etc. You can also tell a good muscian or singer who enjoys performing their talents when they can walk around as if they were in their own house..IMHO.

Because it didn't exist. I guarantee if it had there would have been just as many talentless hacks using it to make a quick buck.
true and back in the day talentless hacks didn't last long, one hit wonders.

Yea, back then musicians were REAL musicians who didn't use dumb technology to come up with one hit wonders. :2razz:

true and back in the day talentless hacks didn't last long, one hit wonders.

The internet has extended their longevity slightly.
Still, they are of no more than passing interest to anyone except celebrity gossip aficionados.

gotta admit, i long for the days of old when lyrics depicted women as untrustworthy, who did nothing but mooch of men

Concerning the OP and thread title:

Do I think a song like this should be shown on daytime TV? No. I don't think kids should watch something like this.

Do I think the government has a right to censor to ensure that it be shown on daytime TV? No. I think it should be up to the television stations to make that determination with their programming or for parents to use V-chips to block allowing their kids to be exposed to it.

Do I think such censorship will work? No, because they can too easily get access to it from YouTube on a computer.

Probably the best thing to do would be rather than let children discover bad music on their own, they should be exposed to good music by their parents, and explain why singers like the one referenced is full of ****.

Who freakin' cares? That's an honest question. If you dont like it, dont listen to it. It's not a complicated idea.

I find a lot of this "OMG music was so much CLEANER in MY day!" to be laughable. This is the EXACT same kind of language paraded around whenever a new style of music came out. People said it about Hendrix in his day, people said it about the Beetles and so on and so on.

Personally I dont understand why today's music is considered so much "dirtier" than anything past. "Brown Sugar"? "Lay Lady Lay"? "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"? How is that any better than someone singing about T&A? Hendrix did most of his stuff when he was higher than a kite. God of the guitar though he may be, I fail to see how his drug-trip music somehow is better than some pre-pubescent squawking about partying.

Dont worry about it, it's just a Minor Threat :)

To suggest that what you listen to and think about has any bearing on reality is just insane ....

Oh wait.

Back
Top Bottom