• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The joke of academic journals

You're really trying to weasel out of literally contradict yourself. Yes or No: Can Black people be racist?

I answered, agreed that black folks can be prejudiced, and expanded on it. If the convo is too nuanced and deeper than you’d care to participate in, just say that.

You folks can’t argue. So bad at it.

How about you stop arguing from a position of ignorance and answer your own questions.

DERP DO BLACK PEOPLE HAVE SKIN YES OR NO DERP

Are we to be surprised the anti-intellectual thread turned into a racist thing?

I answered, agreed that black folks can be prejudiced, and expanded on it. If the convo is too nuanced and deeper than you’d care to participate in, just say that.

You folks can’t argue. So bad at it.

I didn't say "prejudice". I said "racist". Answer the question.

Are we to be surprised the anti-intellectual thread turned into a racist thing?

Have you even figured out what the question was yet?

Have you even figured out what the question was yet?

I believe the question is:

"Can we turn my anti-intellectual bs, that only fools the completely uneducated, into a racist thread?"

My answer is no.

I didn't say "prejudice". I said "racist". Answer the question.

I did. This warmed over message board schtick of pretending you didn’t get an answer ain’t gonna move the needle.

Come up with an argument

I believe the question is:

"Can we turn my anti-intellectual bs, that only fools the completely uneducated, into a racist thread?"

My answer is no.

Nope....this is hilarious. I hear if you say "racist" 5 times it will summon the social media gods to censor anyone that says things outside of our religious dogma.

Nope....this is hilarious. I hear if you say "racist" 5 times it will summon the social media gods to censor anyone that says things outside of our religious dogma.

Supernatural conspiracies against white people are tough.

I did. This warmed over message board schtick of pretending you didn’t get an answer ain’t gonna move the needle.

Come up with an argument

Why do you keep changing the words being used if you feel like you've answered the question? It's "Yes" or "No". Type one of those two things, just to make it clear.

Why do you keep changing the words being used if you feel like you've answered the question? It's "Yes" or "No". Type one of those two things, just to make it clear.

🤣

Supernatural conspiracies against white people are tough.

Still not it. Since a super smart and educated intellectual, such as yourself, is struggling. I will magnanimously help you out. Let's review

There are a million peer review junk publishers that are happy to take money and provide a panel of former academics to rubber stamp it. If that's a revelation, the person has never used journal articles in an academic setting.

Here is your statement.

Where the ones they submitted to "junk publishers"? And if there are "junk publishers" that are part of the peer review process then shouldn't there be something in place that QCs and certifies who actually can be authorized to do such things in an official manner?

Here are my questions. Where they junk publishers? <---Where they?

What is hard about creating an association that provides credentials for journals? We have the American Medical Association, the American Psychological Association, all kinds of groups out there. No American Scientific Journal Association? It's super-duper hard? Please.

Just like you passed on watching the video. At least you're consistant.
"consistent"

It appears your only purpose on this thread is to troll. You've not offered any intelligent comment on the OP, and now are diverting discussion to an unrelated question about black 'racism.' I'll leave you to your trolling. SAD!!

"consistent"

It appears your only purpose on this thread is to troll. You've not offered any intelligent comment on the OP, and now are diverting discussion to an unrelated question about black 'racism.' I'll leave you to your trolling. SAD!!

It's related. That's you're struggling with how is the only sad thing here. Keep living in your comfy world of denial and using a college student's article in a college paper as your basis of your premises.

What is hard about creating an association that provides credentials for journals? We have the American Medical Association, the American Psychological Association, all kinds of groups out there. No American Scientific Journal Association? It's super-duper hard? Please.
Not hard, just stupid and pointless. If you knew anything about the subject matter, and you clearly do not, this would be obvious to you.

Not hard, just stupid and pointless. If you knew anything about the subject matter, and you clearly do not, this would be obvious to you.

Says the person who won't gtf away in a thread that he has not viewed the content provided. ****ing epic.

Says the person who won't gtf away in a thread that he has not viewed the content provided. ****ing epic.
The hoaxes were in 2018. Some of us read articles at the time, i.e. 2018, over 2 years ago, about the entire exercise, can use the printed word to refresh our memory, read the OP summary, and don't need to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast to inform ourselves of the details. Believe it or not, Joe Rogan on a stupid video isn't the only source out there.

E.g.:

The hoaxes were in 2018. Some of us read articles at the time, i.e. 2018, over 2 years ago, about the entire exercise, can use the printed word to refresh our memory, read the OP summary, and don't need to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast to inform ourselves of the details. Believe it or not, Joe Rogan on a stupid video isn't the only source out there.

E.g.:

NYT
The Atlantic
Vox

Three publications that actively engage in manipulating opinion with agenda-driven junk-science and critical race theory gibberish.

So a School Teacher is driving on the highway with a speed limit of 90​

.. but then he noticed that all the other drivers were way above the speed limit so our guy thought "hey everybody's speeding, i cant get caught" so he goes above 110. Ten minutes later, Adult Lil Johnny now a LEO pulls him over.
Clearly upset, our guy says "But officer, I wasn't the only one speeding.. there were a bunch of others too.. why did you catch only me?"
Well; Lil Johnny now all grown up and a LEO says, " Ever gone fishing?"
Guy says "yes,"
well; Lil Johnny now all grown up and a LEO says, "ever caught all the fish??"

During the lockdown I discovered Joe Rogan's podcast. I remember him from Newsradio back in the 90's and of course "Fear Factor". I perused his non-MMA and comedian catalog and found quite a few really interesting interviews. This is one of them. I've always been a bit of a cynic about peer reviewed journals touting academic papers. I understand how these papers are a needed vice in collegiate professor tenure as well as gaining grant money for specific disciplines. But no other podcast have I chuckled as much (maybe Bobcat Goldthwait was a close second). Basically these two characters decided to submit peer reviewed papers on absurd topics with clearly insane conclusions, and

I follow boghossian on Twitter, and he just brought attention to a peer reviewed study discussing a parasite called "whiteness"

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has—a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which “white” people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one’s body, in one’s mind, and in one’s world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts’ appetites voracious,

I dont think this is a parody study, but just shows the current state of academia.

I dont think this is a parody study, but just shows the current state of academia.
Isn't every problemitized issued "foundational" to the woke? I have a buddy who calls them problemitized and lobotomized. He might be right.

During the lockdown I discovered Joe Rogan's podcast. I remember him from Newsradio back in the 90's and of course "Fear Factor". I perused his non-MMA and comedian catalog and found quite a few really interesting interviews. This is one of them. I've always been a bit of a cynic about peer reviewed journals touting academic papers. I understand how these papers are a needed vice in collegiate professor tenure as well as gaining grant money for specific disciplines. But no other podcast have I chuckled as much (maybe Bobcat Goldthwait was a close second). Basically these two characters decided to submit peer reviewed papers on absurd topics with clearly insane conclusions, and amazingly seven were published and one got an award ( "Human Reactions to Rape Culture and Queer Performativity at Urban Dog Parks in Portland, Oregon" ) They also pulled out parts of Mien Kampf and replaced words to correlate with intersectional feminism, also peer reviewed and published. I applaud them for making a mockery of academic journals, as these peer reviewed papers are generally worthless gibberish meant to stroke other academic's ego's for their career progress. That legitimate published journals rival the hoaxes and even surpass them demolishes any legitimacy these peer reviewed papers had.

Other peer reviewed and published papers by the hoaxters:
"Who Are They to Judge? Overcoming Anthropometry and a Framework for Fat Bodybuilding"
"Going in Through the Back Door: Challenging Straight Male Homohysteria and Transphobia through Receptive Penetrative Sex Toy Use"
"An Ethnography of Breastaurant Masculinity: Themes of Objectification, Sexual Conquest, Male Control, and Masculine Toughness in a Sexually Objectifying Restaurant"

Here's the 26 minute interview with Rogan

Here's the background video about the three and why they did it

I avoid all talking heads and those that seem to know better than everyone eise.

Right or left they all have an agenda, to stifle independent thought and critical thinking.

I spent my lock down catching up on several novels and reading the plays of Tennessee Williams. Seems a better choice than Rogan and others.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

― Issac Asimov

Who ironically also published a paper called "The Micropsychiatric Applications of Thiotimoline". He was even asked ab out it at his doctoral dissertation.

There's a man who Has worked all his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real"miser" when it came to his money. Just before he died, he said to his Italian wife..."When I die, I want
you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the after life with me." So, his wife to promise him, with all of her heart, that when he died, she would
put all of the money into the casket with him.

Well, he died. He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there - dressed in black, (what else), and her best friend was sitting next to her. When they finished the ceremony, and just
before the undertaker got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a moment! "She had a small metal box with her; she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the
undertaker locked the casket down and they rolled it away. So her friend said, "Girl, I know you were not fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband."

The loyal wife replied, "Listen, I'm an Italian Catholic & I cannot go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money in the casket with him.." You mean to tell me you put that
money in the casket with him??" "I sure did," said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account, I wrote him a check.... If he can cash it, then he can spend it."

Back
Top Bottom