• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The hypocrisy...

A shoutout to this website for allowing this discussion (within bounds, of course).

No one is ever going to change anyone else's mind on this hot potato.

Everyone bases his/her opinion on personal experiences of oneself or one's friends and relatives and reports in the media.

I have my opinion based on my experiences, so no "statistics" will ever change my mind: "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

I'm Native American/White and I constantly talk **** about my race's shortcomings. In fact the only one I ever get backfire from is the Native side whenever I speak out about how lazy and dependant they've become. There's nothing wrong with being aware of reality. Don't let people silence you because you try holding your own accountable instead of perpetuating this fantasyland where your people can do no wrong.

I'm Native American/White and I constantly talk **** about my race's shortcomings. In fact the only one I ever get backfire from is the Native side whenever I speak out about how lazy and dependant they've become. There's nothing wrong with being aware of reality. Don't let people silence you because you try holding your own accountable instead of perpetuating this fantasyland where your people can do no wrong.

It seems you'd be the type to talk about all minorities short comings. And I'd be willing to wager that Elizabeth Warren's 1/32nd native heritage is more than yours.

It seems you'd be the type to talk about all minorities short comings. And I'd be willing to wager that Elizabeth Warren's 1/32nd native heritage is more than yours.

Elizabeth warren is 1/1024th Native American. She’s as white as ivory snow.

Which means you probably love her. And she's probably still more native than you.

It's exactly what she claimed. A grandmother a few generations ago. Note: you, predictably, use the extreme of the range established. Why not the other extreme? Dishonesty.

The scientific evidence 100% validated her claim. And you still cry. Laughable.

Last edited:
Ehhh, wrong! Your thinly veiled racist assessment is not borne out by facts.

Whites commit more violent crimes (murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault).
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/topic-pages/tables/table-43

Blacks make up 13.4%.
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217
:lamo
1. Congratulations, all you succeeded in doing with the first link is confirming whites are arrested more. Doh!
That means absolutely nothing to what you are arguing against.

2. Whites as an aggregate do indeed commit more total crime, as they make up a large majority of our population.
The problem is that blacks commit a higher percentage of crime when compared to their portion of the population.

50% of violent crimes are committed by poor young white males, also about 6% of the population. Virtually all violent crime is committed by merely 12% of the population - poor young males; half of them black and half of them white. It's a poor young male thing, not a black thing.
Wrong ecofarm.

No, it's stupid racist BS.

50% is young black males
50% is young white males

Both about the same percentage of total population.
Wrong ecofarm.

It's absurd to presume anyone is claiming others never commit violent crime. The numbers are not absolute. You're building a strawman.

What percent of white people live in poverty? 20%? What percent of black people live in poverty? 80%? You can ignorantly call BS all you want, but it's apologizing for racists.

About 12% of the population commits nearly all the violent crime, half black and half white, poor young males.
Wrong as usual.
Poverty does not cause people to commit crimes as evidenced by the vast majority in poverty not committing crimes.

:lamo
1. Congratulations, all you succeeded in doing with the first link is confirming whites are arrested more. Doh!
That means absolutely nothing to what you are arguing against.

2. Whites as an aggregate do indeed commit more total crime, as they make up a large majority of our population.
The problem is that blacks commit a higher percentage of crime when compared to their portion of the population.

You should work on improving your reading comprehension skills before posting ignorant snark comments. OP did not specify arrested or convicted, only that blacks “are responsible for 50% of violent crimes”, a figure that I can’t find anywhere and am left to assume that OP must have pulled that rate out of his rear end. The statistics I posted prove that, by tens of thousands, more whites are arrested for violent crimes. Given the large disparity in arrest numbers between the two races, is it reasonable to believe that more whites were eventually convicted? I don’t know because I haven’t found that information. But if true that numerically more blacks are convicted, that opens another discussion on equity in the justice system (of course we already know there is great inequity).

It isn’t “the problem”, rather a problem that blacks commit crimes of all types at a disproportionate rate compared to whites. The reasons are many, but innate badness isn’t one of them.

You should work on improving your reading comprehension skills before posting ignorant snark comments. OP did not specify arrested or convicted, only that blacks “are responsible for 50% of violent crimes”, a figure that I can’t find anywhere and am left to assume that OP must have pulled that rate out of his rear end. The statistics I posted prove that, by tens of thousands, more whites are arrested for violent crimes. Given the large disparity in arrest numbers between the two races, is it reasonable to believe that more whites were eventually convicted? I don’t know because I haven’t found that information. But if true that numerically more blacks are convicted, that opens another discussion on equity in the justice system (of course we already know there is great inequity).

It isn’t “the problem”, rather a problem that blacks commit crimes of all types at a disproportionate rate compared to whites. The reasons are many, but innate badness isn’t one of them.
Says you, the one actually displaying a lack of reading comprehension. "Are responsible" is a claim based on conviction data, not alleged crime or arrests.

Arrest rates are not the same as conviction rates.
Do you really not understand that? Huh? Do you really not understand that folks are arrested all the time without being convicted of a crime? Really? You do not know this?
You must know this. So your reply here is nothing more than dishonesty in debate and deflection

Says you, the one actually displaying a lack of reading comprehension. "Are responsible" is a claim based on conviction data, not alleged crime or arrests.

Arrest rates are not the same as conviction rates.
Do you really not understand that? Huh? Do you really not understand that folks are arrested all the time without being convicted of a crime? Really? You do not know this?
You must know this. So your reply here is nothing more than dishonesty in debate and deflection
You really are hard headed. You are assuming what “are responsible” means without any frame of reference by the OP or any supporting evidence or data. You’re simply reading into it what you wish and not comprehending the post as written. Again, work on your reading comprehension skills.

You really are hard headed. You are assuming what “are responsible” means without any frame of reference by the OP or any supporting evidence or data. You’re simply reading into it what you wish and not comprehending the post as written. Again, work on your reading comprehension skills.
More dishonest deflective nonsense.

"Are responsible" is in no way about over-all arrests.
You can deflect all you want but it will not change the fact that you were wrong and then deflected from being wrong.

No one claimed any such thing. Reread my posts herein.

Male, poverty and age makes it the same.

Young poor males can't deal with them being the problem, so they point at blacks.

Yep. And loser older whites can't deal with taking responsibility for their failed lives, so they also point at blacks. Trump loves to help them do this, it's helps make him popular among that demographic.

Trump called for death penalty after Central Park jogger attack
The defendants, Kharey Wise, Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Raymond Santana and Yusef Salaam, all had their convictions overturned in 2002 after a prison inmate, Matias Reyes, said he was the one who raped the jogger, and DNA evidence backed his confession.

But even after the Central Park Five were awarded a $41 million settlement from the city in 2014, Trump defiantly refused to back away from the substance of his divisive ad.

Trump is still reportedly pushing his racist “birther” conspiracy theory

Last edited:
More dishonest deflective nonsense.

"Are responsible" is in no way about over-all arrests.
You can deflect all you want but it will not change the fact that you were wrong and then deflected from being wrong.
Your continued arguing is dishonest, that is unless you really believe the crap you say, in which case, I fell sorry for you (not really).

Your continued arguing is dishonest, that is unless you really believe the crap you say, in which case, I fell sorry for you (not really).
Doh!
Says you, the one being dishonest, not just in debate but in failing to acknowledge that you were wrong.

Doh!
Says you, the one being dishonest, not just in debate but in failing to acknowledge that you were wrong.
Move on, Excon. Oops, sorry gotta go r e a l s l o w f o r y o u. L a t e r.

Move on, Excon. Oops, sorry gotta go r e a l s l o w f o r y o u. L a t e r.
You are the one obviously not wanting to continue discussion or how you were wrong in reply.
So it is you who should move on and not engage the one who is interested in discussion.
But since you clearly have reading comprehensions and think typing absurdly helps, would you like me to go real slow for you? I   s     t   h   a   t      w   h   a   t      y   o   u      n   e   e   d   ?

Back
Top Bottom