• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The five best reasons not to believe in God

Name one thing you know but don't believe it.
Your statement is patently false.
You aren't getting the difference between knowledge and belief.

If you know something, belief is irrelevant, that doesn't mean you don't believe it. It means you "know" it.

Knowledge can lead to belief...
Knowledge renders belief irrelevant.

If you know something you niether believe it or disbelieve it. Because you "know" it.

Knowledge and belief are different.
Then name one thing you know but don't believe it.
That statement says it all and you can't answer it sensibly.

You really don’t think that the climate is changing, in spite of all the evidence? That’s amazing!
That's a goofy attempt at projection. Ofcourse that climate is changing. I have never suggested it doesn't. However it's natural, non man-made.

If you know something, belief is irrelevant, that doesn't mean you don't believe it. It means you "know" it.
Then answer the question, what do you know but don't believe it? Very simple.

Then name one thing you know but don't believe it.
That statement says it all and you can't answer it sensibly.
What does belief mean? It can mean holding something as true without certainty. I believe the big bang is true, but I am not a physicist and cannot verify it for myself. I don't have knowledge that the big bang is true, but I treat it that way.

That's a goofy attempt at projection. Ofcourse that climate is changing. I have never suggested it doesn't. However it's natural, non man-made.

You clearly have not done any actual study of the situation but instead get your “information” from the vast right wing echo machine.

I don't have a belief that the sun rose this morning. I accept it as a fact, because I saw it. I know it happened.

What does belief mean? It can mean holding something as true without certainty. I believe the big bang is true, but I am not a physicist and cannot verify it for myself. I don't have knowledge that the big bang is true, but I treat it that way.
That's called faith, not knowledge.

Knowledge renders belief irrelevant.

If you know something you niether believe it or disbelieve it. Because you "know" it.
True faith cannot be obtained without knowledge...

You clearly have not done any actual study of the situation but instead get your “information” from the vast right wing echo machine.
More goofy projection from the man-made climate change cult.

I don't have a belief that the sun rose this morning. I accept it as a fact, because I saw it. I know it happened.
You don't believe the sun rose this morning but you know it did. That sounds ridiculous.

How can a person have faith in Jesus Christ without knowledge of him to begin with? You can't...

You don't believe the sun rose this morning but you know it did. That sounds ridiculous.
You're playing word games. The words we're using have meanings. Of course when you use them out of context it sounds ridiculous.

Your question illustrates that you still aren't understanding between knowledge and belief.

And if you're sleeping at the time? You have faith that it rose...even if it's a cloudy day...

Lol.

I neither believe or disbelieve that the sun rises in the east because I "know" it does.

You're playing word games. The words we're using have meanings. Of course when you use them out of context it sounds ridiculous.
You're trying to twist basic logic into a pretzel to make an erroneous point.

You don't know something without believing, you only suspect.
Facts and evidence provide you with the proof you need in order to believe.
Faith is belief without direct facts and evidence.
I'm afraid this is how the mind works.

You only believe this is how the mind works, you don't know it. You keep making statements as is they are factual knowledge but they are only your beliefs.

facts and evidence lead to knowledge, not beliefs. Beliefs may be a starting point in some cases, but without supporting facts and evidence they remain merely beliefs. That is how the mind works. You can believe weather is cause by invisible sprites, but facts and evidence point toward weather being a strictly physical phenomenon, and not the result of mischievous invisible sprites. See how it works? Facts and evidence never prove anything, but they support something. Belief is weaker than knowledge, not stronger because nothing is required to support it.

Life/the world/the universe is too complex not to believe...
We don't understand gravity, but we can observe it working and predict how it will work under different circumstances. JUst because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But that logic works the other way too. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it does exist.

True faith cannot be obtained without knowledge...
Faith is what you have in the absence of knowledge.

If you know, faith is unnecessary.

Words have meanings.

I don't have faith that the sun rises in the east because I know it does.

Back
Top Bottom