• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Earth is ~6022 Years Old

Nope. Your rejection is rejected. Besides, the Biblical accounts have not been shown to be false.
6 million jews wander through a small section of a desert for 40 years and leave absolutely not one trace or bit of evidence of that journey. You could not ask for better evidence of a fake story if you tried.

6 million jews wander through a small section of a desert for 40 years and leave absolutely not one trace or bit of evidence of that journey. You could not ask for better evidence of a fake story if you tried.
Why don't you skeptics dig down about 30 feet in that desert and see what you find?

p.s. the Bible refutes you.

More rational people, even many Christians understand that some of the Biblical accounts were meant only to convey a message and not historical facts.

Three questions:
1] When did the Exodus happen?
2] Why are there no Egyptian records of the Exodus?
3] Why isn't there any archaeological evidence for the Exodus?
I have the Biblical record by numerous individuals. Also this, among other evidences.

Top Ten Discoveries Related to Moses and the Exodus​

https://biblearchaeologyreport.com/2021/09/24/top-ten-discoveries-related-to-moses-and-the-exodus/

You have squat. Just the usual argument from silence logical fallacy.

I have the Biblical record by numerous individuals. Also this, among other evidences.

Top Ten Discoveries Related to Moses and the Exodus​

https://biblearchaeologyreport.com/2021/09/24/top-ten-discoveries-related-to-moses-and-the-exodus/

You have squat. Just the usual argument from silence logical fallacy.

Actually, I can offer lots of papers written by those weirdos who have spent their careers studying the period(s) when the Exodus supposedly occurred. But, I would like to see your words in answer to my three questions.

I'll add a couple of questions to the original 3
1] Who was the Pharoah at the time of the Exodus?
2] How many Hebrews left Egypt in the Exodus?

Here are a couple academic mentions to think about

Avraham Faust, a professor of archaeology at Bar-Ilan University in Israel in Israel’s Exodus in Transdisciplinary Perspective: Text, Archeology, Culture and Geoscience, wrote:
While there is a consensus among scholars that the Exodus did not take place in the manner described in the Bible, surprisingly most scholars agree that the narrative has a historical core, and that some of the highland settlers came, one way or another, from Egypt.

Eric H. Cline, Professor of Classics and Anthropology at George Washington Univ. in Biblical Archaeology: A Very Short Introduction wrote:
Despite attempts by a number of biblical archaeologists — and an even larger number of amateur enthusiasts — over the years, credible direct archaeological evidence for the Exodus has yet to be found.

While one might argue that such evidence would be difficult to find, since nomads generally do not leave behind permanent installations, archaeologists have discovered and excavated nomadic emplacements from other periods in the Sinai desert.

So if there were archaeological remains to be found from the Exodus, one would have expected them to be found by now. And yet, thus far there is no trace of the biblical "600,000 men on foot, besides children" plus "a mixed crowd...and live stock in great numbers" (Exod. 12:37-38) who wandered for forty years in the desert.

I think it is interesting that Prof. Cline's book was the winner of the 2011 Biblical Archaeology Society's "Best Popular Book on Archaeology")

Actually, I can offer lots of papers written by those weirdos who have spent their careers studying the period(s) when the Exodus supposedly occurred. But, I would like to see your words in answer to my three questions.

I'll add a couple of questions to the original 3
1] Who was the Pharoah at the time of the Exodus?
2] How many Hebrews left Egypt in the Exodus?

Here are a couple academic mentions to think about

Avraham Faust, a professor of archaeology at Bar-Ilan University in Israel in Israel’s Exodus in Transdisciplinary Perspective: Text, Archeology, Culture and Geoscience, wrote:
While there is a consensus among scholars that the Exodus did not take place in the manner described in the Bible, surprisingly most scholars agree that the narrative has a historical core, and that some of the highland settlers came, one way or another, from Egypt.

Eric H. Cline, Professor of Classics and Anthropology at George Washington Univ. in Biblical Archaeology: A Very Short Introduction wrote:

I think it is interesting that Prof. Cline's book was the winner of the 2011 Biblical Archaeology Society's "Best Popular Book on Archaeology")

Well, there's the deniers you follow and then there's those in the know. Jesus knew Moses. From Matthew 17

"After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

And, on the road to Emmaus, Jesus said, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself… Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.” (Luke 24:25-27; 44-45)

May the Lord open your mind too.

Nope. Your rejection is rejected. Besides, the Biblical accounts have not been shown to be false.

Neither has anything scientologists believe.

Do you believe that anything that hasn't been proven false is true by default?

I think all one would find is just more sand and dirt.
Why bother. The idea that 6 million people could walk around a small part of a desert and leave not one single trace of their journey.

Either a miracle or god has an obsessive compulsive disorder over neatness.

Why bother. The idea that 6 million people could walk around a small part of a desert and leave not one single trace of their journey.

Either a miracle or god has an obsessive compulsive disorder over neatness.
Given God's track record, I doubt he cared much for neatness.

I bet you think it’s older. LMAO. It’s not. Assumptions used in dating rocks are flawed and unreliable as I’ve pointed out. Rely on scripture
Why? There are varying religious claims on the age of the Earth as @phoenix2020 pointed out.

Why don't you skeptics dig down about 30 feet in that desert and see what you find?
Because it's not the rest of the world's job to chase around your fantasies. That's your job.

I am surprised that logicman tries this crap repeatedly.

He has got to know he really is flogging a dead horse with this line of attack.
I'm not surprised. It's all he has to offer.

As the book of Genesis details. There were 10 generations before and after the flood. As a result, the earth did not exist billions of years before Adam was created on the 6th day.

But...but.. what about radiometric dating you say? Sorry, it may be a popular belief that radiometric dating proves the earth is old. That's not true at all. The parent daughter relationship to determine rate of decay in a rock uses assumptions that are neither testable or provable. Using faulty assumptions yield faulty time periods.

Not only are flawed assumptions used but Radiometric testing has been proven unreliable.

Examples;

* Mt St Helen's crater in 1996 had so many daughter atoms it was determined to be 350,000 years old.
* Lava flows in New Zealand known to be only 50 years old yet radiometric testing concluded it was 3.5 million years
* Basalt flows atop the Grand Canyon were tested using 3 different dating techniques that calculated 916 million years, 1.143 billion years and 2.6 billion years.

Bottom line. God created the world in 6 days ~4000 years before the birth of Jesus.

The flawed anti-biblical assumptions used to interpret rocks age were the primer to start questioning God's word

Rely on scripture.
Trying to poke tiny holes in archeological dating method validity or accuracy, in order to support something that has absolutely zero basis in science whatsoever, is just painfully absurd.

The sum of all archeological, paleontological and geological and other evidence and dating methods leads to absolutely overwhelming confidence that the Earth as well as human history and the history of life on Earth are as old as the global scientific community agrees that it is. Trying to reject the sum total of all of that in support of the notion that a collection of allegorical folk tales is literal history is, again, just painfully absurd.

As the book of Genesis details. There were 10 generations before and after the flood. As a result, the earth did not exist billions of years before Adam was created on the 6th day.

But...but.. what about radiometric dating you say? Sorry, it may be a popular belief that radiometric dating proves the earth is old. That's not true at all. The parent daughter relationship to determine rate of decay in a rock uses assumptions that are neither testable or provable. Using faulty assumptions yield faulty time periods.

Not only are flawed assumptions used but Radiometric testing has been proven unreliable.

Examples;

* Mt St Helen's crater in 1996 had so many daughter atoms it was determined to be 350,000 years old.
* Lava flows in New Zealand known to be only 50 years old yet radiometric testing concluded it was 3.5 million years
* Basalt flows atop the Grand Canyon were tested using 3 different dating techniques that calculated 916 million years, 1.143 billion years and 2.6 billion years.

Bottom line. God created the world in 6 days ~4000 years before the birth of Jesus.

The flawed anti-biblical assumptions used to interpret rocks age were the primer to start questioning God's word

Rely on scripture.
Haha, what a bunch of pathetic lies about radiometric dating.

What lies. Be specific.
Literally every word. Every point... false.

No, you did not regurgitate a blog that you don't understand and outsmart the global scientific community. Sorry.

Literally every word. Every point... false.

No, you did not regurgitate a blog that you don't understand and outsmart the global scientific community. Sorry.
I asked you to be specific. You missed the mark. So you got nothing as usual. Carry on

I asked you to be specific. You missed the mark. So you got nothing as usual. Carry on
I don't care what you asked me. Your list is all lies sooonfed to you by paid liars. Not that you understand squat about radiometric dating anyway.

No, the uneducated slob creationists who made up those lies did not outsmart the scientists.

Back
Top Bottom