• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Earth is ~6022 Years Old

As the book of Genesis details. There were 10 generations before and after the flood. As a result, the earth did not exist billions of years before Adam was created on the 6th day.

But...but.. what about radiometric dating you say? Sorry, it may be a popular belief that radiometric dating proves the earth is old. That's not true at all. The parent daughter relationship to determine rate of decay in a rock uses assumptions that are neither testable or provable. Using faulty assumptions yield faulty time periods.

Not only are flawed assumptions used but Radiometric testing has been proven unreliable.

Examples;

* Mt St Helen's crater in 1996 had so many daughter atoms it was determined to be 350,000 years old.
* Lava flows in New Zealand known to be only 50 years old yet radiometric testing concluded it was 3.5 million years
* Basalt flows atop the Grand Canyon were tested using 3 different dating techniques that calculated 916 million years, 1.143 billion years and 2.6 billion years.

Bottom line. God created the world in 6 days ~4000 years before the birth of Jesus.

The flawed anti-biblical assumptions used to interpret rocks age were the primer to start questioning God's word

Rely on scripture.
I think these Bible stories are morality tales and teaching narratives, not history. Every culture has their myths and legends.

But its not. It's ~6022 years old. That's why I posted the errors used in forming the assumption that its older.

This is fun... If you take these stories literally, it was 130 years between Noah's flood and the Tower of Babel.

I think these Bible stories are morality tales and teaching narratives, not history. Every culture has their myths and legends.
Having been raised as a Catholic in a very large family and taught by nuns until I went to high school, I agree with you 100% here. It was difficult for those in power to keep the people in line even back then when they would hang you, torture you and chop off your head or your hand if you were a shoplifter. The kings and rulers of the day would either order or personally kill those who stepped out of line because if they didn't, the populace would become completely unruly. This was in spite of moral teachings that predated the bible and long before Christianity and Islam. One can just imagine a king getting tired of having to kill, torture, or punish his subjects.

Along comes this guy named Jesus who was a Jewish Rabbi that studied the OT tirelessly and became a master at it at a very young age. He was most likely very personable and enigmatic and very persuasive and tried to teach people about why having the right set of morals was the best way to live. His following grew and grew and wild tales were told about him, making him larger than life. the Romans in power heard about him being called "King of the Jews' and saw him as a threat, Like the politicians of today saw Trump as a threat and killed him (virtually speaking), the Romans killed him in order to stay in power. This is inherent in human nature.....to kill your enemies and threats.

Elvis Presley is still revered even almost 50 years after he died and some people swear on their life they had visions of him. The people back in that day felt the same way about Jesus and made up yarns and stories that became to be believed as true. The movement grew because they made up the yarn that if you believed as they did (the early church fathers) you would go to heaven and if you didn't you go to hell. An easy sell. Constantine saw this as a great tool to keep the populace in line. An invisible enforcer of morality. That is why he said Christianity should be accepted. It alleviated him from a lot of killing and torture.

All that being said, morality is good for the individual and good for society as a whole. The greatest stoic of all, Marcus Aurelius knew this and proved this. I worry about those who need the reward of heaven to be moral that they wouldn't be otherwise.

Having been raised as a Catholic in a very large family and taught by nuns until I went to high school, I agree with you 100% here. It was difficult for those in power to keep the people in line even back then when they would hang you, torture you and chop off your head or your hand if you were a shoplifter. The kings and rulers of the day would either order or personally kill those who stepped out of line because if they didn't, the populace would become completely unruly. This was in spite of moral teachings that predated the bible and long before Christianity and Islam. One can just imagine a king getting tired of having to kill, torture, or punish his subjects.

Along comes this guy named Jesus who was a Jewish Rabbi that studied the OT tirelessly and became a master at it at a very young age. He was most likely very personable and enigmatic and very persuasive and tried to teach people about why having the right set of morals was the best way to live. His following grew and grew and wild tales were told about him, making him larger than life. the Romans in power heard about him being called "King of the Jews' and saw him as a threat, Like the politicians of today saw Trump as a threat and killed him (virtually speaking), the Romans killed him in order to stay in power. This is inherent in human nature.....to kill your enemies and threats.

Elvis Presley is still revered even almost 50 years after he died and some people swear on their life they had visions of him. The people back in that day felt the same way about Jesus and made up yarns and stories that became to be believed as true. The movement grew because they made up the yarn that if you believed as they did (the early church fathers) you would go to heaven and if you didn't you go to hell. An easy sell. Constantine saw this as a great tool to keep the populace in line. An invisible enforcer of morality. That is why he said Christianity should be accepted. It alleviated him from a lot of killing and torture.

All that being said, morality is good for the individual and good for society as a whole. The greatest stoic of all, Marcus Aurelius knew this and proved this. I worry about those who need the reward of heaven to be moral that they wouldn't be otherwise.

Great post. Elvis? 🤣 I disagree only in that I don't think the Romans were that concerned about Jesus. He was pretty safe as long as he stayed away from Jerusalem. In the north Herod Antipas seems to have ignored him.

Great post. Elvis? 🤣 I disagree only in that I don't think the Romans were that concerned about Jesus. He was pretty safe as long as he stayed away from Jerusalem. In the north Herod Antipas seems to have ignored him.
I think Elvis is a good analogy because there weren't many like him. They don't come around that often. The teenage girls swooned over him and he was the "King", but of rock & roll. It is also true that people were in shock when he died at a very young age and in tears and mourning. There were many accounts of visions of Jesus with one guy insisting that Elvis saved his life (I think when his car broke down). This is why you still see Elvis impersonators, because of so many claims of people seeing him after he died. This is a not-so-modern day analogy of how and why humans could claim to have seen a person after he died. They are upset, and emotional and can't take the loss and their mind plays tricks on them.

As the book of Genesis details. There were 10 generations before and after the flood. As a result, the earth did not exist billions of years before Adam was created on the 6th day.

But...but.. what about radiometric dating you say? Sorry, it may be a popular belief that radiometric dating proves the earth is old. That's not true at all. The parent daughter relationship to determine rate of decay in a rock uses assumptions that are neither testable or provable. Using faulty assumptions yield faulty time periods.

Not only are flawed assumptions used but Radiometric testing has been proven unreliable.

Examples;

* Mt St Helen's crater in 1996 had so many daughter atoms it was determined to be 350,000 years old.
* Lava flows in New Zealand known to be only 50 years old yet radiometric testing concluded it was 3.5 million years
* Basalt flows atop the Grand Canyon were tested using 3 different dating techniques that calculated 916 million years, 1.143 billion years and 2.6 billion years.

Bottom line. God created the world in 6 days ~4000 years before the birth of Jesus.

The flawed anti-biblical assumptions used to interpret rocks age were the primer to start questioning God's word

Rely on scripture.
But the "scripture" does not actually say that. But on the other hand it makes a bunch of stupid claims.

I think Elvis is a good analogy because there weren't many like him. They don't come around that often. The teenage girls swooned over him and he was the "King", but of rock & roll. It is also true that people were in shock when he died at a very young age and in tears and mourning. There were many accounts of visions of Jesus with one guy insisting that Elvis saved his life (I think when his car broke down). This is why you still see Elvis impersonators, because of so many claims of people seeing him after he died. This is a not-so-modern day analogy of how and why humans could claim to have seen a person after he died. They are upset, and emotional and can't take the loss and their mind plays tricks on them.
Elvis's are dime a dozen.

Elvis's are dime a dozen.
So are Jesus followers. Everyone wants to love Jesus even though he lives only in their imagination.

I can envision that if someone today was as handsome and personable as Elvis and gained a following because he was preaching that Lord Zamabee would reward them for their belief that we are all descendants of the tribe of Wampa who came down here on spaceships millions of years ago and impregnated humans with a gene that would make them live forever only if they believed and were good and moral people and followed a set of rules that only he was given in secret on a mountaintop journey where he discovered those laws written on cave walls.

All he would have to do is sell it and get some close friends who would join his multi-level marketing scam where the early church fathers were held as the "utmost high' and would reap untold millions in donations as their followers grew.

Last edited:
So are Jesus followers. Everyone wants to love Jesus even though he lives only in their imagination.

I can envision that if someone today was as handsome and personable as Elvis and gained a following because he was preaching that Lord Zamabee would reward them for their belief that we are all descendants of the tribe of Wampa who came down here on spaceships millions of years ago and impregnated humans with a gene that would make them live forever only if they believed and were good and moral people and followed a set of rules that only he was given in secret on a mountaintop journey where he discovered those laws written on cave walls.

All he would have to do is sell it and get some close friends who would join his multi-level marketing scam where the early church fathers were held as the "utmost high' and would reap untold millions in donations as their followers grew.
You mean just like what Christians did with Trump?

You mean just like what Christians did with Trump?
I am not a Christian and I like Trump for many reasons. Not every Christian is an evangelical. But, trump has nothing to do with the left now using the identical tactics of Christianity to control the masses by instilling guilt, shame, remorse, and fear into them. Trump has ZERO to do with this discussion. Please try to stop shoe horning Trump into every single debate.

I've read Genesis a few times. I was under the impression it was a theological work, not a scientific one. Even if one does believe the earth is only 6000 years old why expend capital on that claim? Is it critical to the teaching of Genesis? The concept of the human race being a fallen race seems more practical.

I've read Genesis a few times. I was under the impression it was a theological work, not a scientific one. Even if one does believe the earth is only 6000 years old why expend capital on that claim? Is it critical to the teaching of Genesis? The concept of the human race being a fallen race seems more practical.
Actually, that seems childish, immoral, and nauseating.

I am not a Christian and I like Trump for many reasons. Not every Christian is an evangelical. But, trump has nothing to do with the left now using the identical tactics of Christianity to control the masses by instilling guilt, shame, remorse, and fear into them. Trump has ZERO to do with this discussion. Please try to stop shoe horning Trump into every single debate.
Stop the parroted crap. I made a legitimate point.

You think Trump has been persecuted? So does Trump. He's complained for 40 years that the system is rigged against him.
No, I do not think that Trump has been persecuted. I think he whines and is a traitor. What's your point?

About some Christians worshipping a politician thinking that he was the second coming of Christ.
Where are these people? Have any photos?
No, I do not think that Trump has been persecuted. I think he whines and is a traitor. What's your point?
Why is he a traitor? For keeping documents as Biden did?

Where are these people? Have any photos?

Why is he a traitor? For keeping documents as Biden did?
PF_20.03.12_religionPolitics_featured.jpg
1675888685522.jpeg

Thought this was not about Trump?

Back
Top Bottom