• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Earth is ~6022 Years Old

Why bother. The idea that 6 million people could walk around a small part of a desert and leave not one single trace of their journey.

Either a miracle or god has an obsessive compulsive disorder over neatness.

Neatness, or perhaps they burned (or ate) every dropping of their animals (or themselves)?

Surviving in the desert is quite demanding!

Haha, what a bunch of pathetic lies about radiometric dating.

Carbon dating is wrong in one particular place on Earth, therefore it can be discarded.

Never mind that the "one particular place" is a volcanic crater. Gee, that couldn't possibly be relevant?

Carbon dating works because carbon in the atmosphere is irradiated from space, then in a geologically short space of time is taken up by living organisms, also soil which is later covered. Because of the irradiation, that carbon is far more likely to be radioactive Carbon-14 than carbon that has passed many times through living organisms. It is the primary method of dating out to 50,000 years because of the the "carbon cycle" where carbon released into the biosphere is readily taken up by living things.

Volcanos mess with that, big whoop. There is radioactive material inside the Earth, it can act like cosmic rays do to irradiate carbon.

The Bible refutes that.
Gandalf is a great wizzard, and existed 3,000 years ago. The Lord of The Rings proves it.

See how stupid that is?

The fantasy and fiction is yours.
Great come back, Did you stick your thumbs in your ears and wiggle your fingers and chant " nya nya" as well?
I have no interest in the opinion of someone who thinks the bible is history.
The fact is there is no evidence of moses or his journey.

Great come back, Did you stick your thumbs in your ears and wiggle your fingers and chant " nya nya" as well?
I have no interest in the opinion of someone who thinks the bible is history.
The fact is there is no evidence of moses or his journey.
You've got nothing.

Last edited:
Gandalf is a great wizzard, and existed 3,000 years ago. The Lord of The Rings proves it.

See how stupid that is?

It is stupid to compare that mess to the historical Moses.

It is stupid to compare that mess to the historical Moses.
They both have exactly the same amount of evidence showing they exist.

That's why it's so hilariously moronic to say "it's true because the bible says it's true".

They both have exactly the same amount of evidence showing they exist.
Gandalf is a fictional character. Moses has numerous references as a real person, in the Bible.

Gandalf is a fictional character. Moses has numerous references as a real person, in the Bible.
Yes, we are all aware of your circular nonsense. the Bible is true because the Bible is true. we get it

both are fictional characters, depicted in fictional books.

You have a claim, but no real evidence that Moses is fictitious.
Of course I do. The complete and total absence of any evidence he existed.

Your answer will be "the bible says he exits" and I refute that by pointing out "The Lord of The Rings" says gandalf exists.

The Earth is 9,075 years old. Everything else in the universe is millions of years old.

As the book of Genesis details. There were 10 generations before and after the flood. As a result, the earth did not exist billions of years before Adam was created on the 6th day.

But...but.. what about radiometric dating you say? Sorry, it may be a popular belief that radiometric dating proves the earth is old. That's not true at all. The parent daughter relationship to determine rate of decay in a rock uses assumptions that are neither testable or provable. Using faulty assumptions yield faulty time periods.

Not only are flawed assumptions used but Radiometric testing has been proven unreliable.

Examples;

* Mt St Helen's crater in 1996 had so many daughter atoms it was determined to be 350,000 years old.
* Lava flows in New Zealand known to be only 50 years old yet radiometric testing concluded it was 3.5 million years
* Basalt flows atop the Grand Canyon were tested using 3 different dating techniques that calculated 916 million years, 1.143 billion years and 2.6 billion years.

Bottom line. God created the world in 6 days ~4000 years before the birth of Jesus.

The flawed anti-biblical assumptions used to interpret rocks age were the primer to start questioning God's word

Rely on scripture.
OK.

What else is all of modern science wrong about?

I asked you to be specific. You missed the mark. So you got nothing as usual. Carry on
I'll take a crack at it... Your post on Carbon 14 (number 41 I think?). In it you claimed (without evidence) that it was found in 300 million year old coal.

To start with, where does Carbon 14 come from? Well, many sources... It is produced in copious amounts in nuclear tests, (as well as nuclear reactors but that doesn't make it's way into the wild very easily), lightning can generate some as well. Also small amounts in normal background radiation are generated constantly as well, The vast majority of it, however, is generated naturally in the atmosphere by cosmic rays. Plants then pull it out of the atmosphere to make sugar, cellulose and starches. This is why it's found concentrated in biological remains. Now, you are correct that it doesn't hang around forever. It decays into the stable isotope nitrogen 14. Carbon 14 has a half life of 5,730 years (give or take about 40) so after about 50,000 years you would expect to find very little. However, like I said, it is produced in small amounts through normal background radiation and you would expect to find a certain amount from that and in fact, that is exactly what is found. In fact, it would be surprising to find NO Carbon 14.

Carbon 14

Your statement is easily debunked with only a cursory amount of research and as you provided zero sources for your information I an only assume they came from Answers in Genesis or some such site. In know creationists like to jump all over the Carbon 14 dating as if claims like yours proves it's unreliability, but it's easily shown that this is a WELL understood process and it's limits are equally well understood. I've go to wonder why you would post such easily disproven "facts" especially since there is almost zero chance of you winning any converts especially in a forum like this. You've been accused of trolling but I hope that isn't true. Would you please post the source for your claim on Carbon 14 or any other claims you've made? That would make it much easier to evaluate.

I'll take a crack at it... Your post on Carbon 14 (number 41 I think?). In it you claimed (without evidence) that it was found in 300 million year old coal.

To start with, where does Carbon 14 come from? Well, many sources... It is produced in copious amounts in nuclear tests, (as well as nuclear reactors but that doesn't make it's way into the wild very easily), lightning can generate some as well. Also small amounts in normal background radiation are generated constantly as well, The vast majority of it, however, is generated naturally in the atmosphere by cosmic rays. Plants then pull it out of the atmosphere to make sugar, cellulose and starches. This is why it's found concentrated in biological remains. Now, you are correct that it doesn't hang around forever. It decays into the stable isotope nitrogen 14. Carbon 14 has a half life of 5,730 years (give or take about 40) so after about 50,000 years you would expect to find very little. However, like I said, it is produced in small amounts through normal background radiation and you would expect to find a certain amount from that and in fact, that is exactly what is found. In fact, it would be surprising to find NO Carbon 14.

Carbon 14

Your statement is easily debunked with only a cursory amount of research and as you provided zero sources for your information I an only assume they came from Answers in Genesis or some such site. In know creationists like to jump all over the Carbon 14 dating as if claims like yours proves it's unreliability, but it's easily shown that this is a WELL understood process and it's limits are equally well understood. I've go to wonder why you would post such easily disproven "facts" especially since there is almost zero chance of you winning any converts especially in a forum like this. You've been accused of trolling but I hope that isn't true. Would you please post the source for your claim on Carbon 14 or any other claims you've made? That would make it much easier to evaluate.
Perhaps what it all boils down to is, he lied about C14.

Back
Top Bottom