• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Blue Wave!

1) Apparently a lot of people being that it was a massive wave of people voted against trump nation.
2) And again, what ****ing Peace? I guess you still intend to act like trump and ignore our troops in the middle east. Not to mention the increases in domestic rightwing terrorism.

Yea, I'm all for getting out of Afghanistan but that misses the point. The left wailed endlessly about all the wars Trump was going to start yet all that happened is that ISIS disappeared and things toned down in NK. They'd be hailing Obama and asking for a second Nobel in the same circumstances. As for the increases in terrorism, if that's what you claim has happened, it has as much to do with Trump as San Bernardino and Orlando did with Obama.

When it gets closer, I'm sure it'll be back in the news. The libs won't miss a chance to attack the heartless, tyrant Trump who has the audacity to uphold our laws.

You need to just admit you were conned with the "invading army of Guatemalans" canard, kind of just like you are now being conned with this "election fraud" nonsense which serves as the next shiny object for you to chase after.

Like I said, that you all do not get mad about the blatantly obvious Trumpian chain-yanking is amazing. "Hey, Look! Squirrel."

Why was it more newsworthy then when it was further away I wonder? /s

Because the MSM saw yet another opportunity to bleat about Trump and were hoping to influence the election. The caravan didn't drive GOP voters. They were always going to turn out. The only question was whether enough Democrats would.

Yea, I'm all for getting out of Afghanistan but that misses the point.

You're point was we are at peace. :lol:

The left wailed endlessly about all the wars Trump was going to start yet all that happened is that ISIS disappeared and things toned down in NK. They'd be hailing Obama and asking for a second Nobel in the same circumstances. As for the increases in terrorism, if that's what you claim has happened, it has as much to do with Trump as San Bernardino and Orlando did with Obama.

Right... because all these nutjobs adorning trump stickers were totally immune to trumps hate and division talk.

You need to just admit you were conned with the "invading army of Guatemalans" canard, kind of just like you are now being conned with this "election fraud" nonsense which serves as the next shiny object for you to chase after.

Like I said, that you all do not get mad about the blatantly obvious Trumpian chain-yanking is amazing. "Hey, Look! Squirrel."

Son, I've been watching the left for 40+ years. Nothing they do or say surprises me. I've seen it all and long before Trump was ever heard of. Election fraud is a regular practice with them going back decades. It's the worst kept secret in politics.

Because the MSM saw yet another opportunity to bleat about Trump and were hoping to influence the election. The caravan didn't drive GOP voters. They were always going to turn out. The only question was whether enough Democrats would.

Dude you are so blind to reality. Fox and republican candidates pushed the caravan. Not the left or real, actual news. When AZ senate candidate and soon to be loser McSally started running ads about how she'd protect preexisting conditions... after having tried her best to repeal it time and again... This was her response:

Less than two weeks before Election Day, Rep. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) has joined the the chorus of Republican incumbents who are now claiming that they want to protect preexisting conditions despite voting to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Can we please talk about the things that matter to most Arizona voters instead of repeating the Arizona Democratic Party press releases?” McSally shot back at a CBS 5 Phoenix reporter.

“This is ridiculous, honestly. Do you have anything to talk about like the caravan or job opportunities?”

link...

The media did not dispatch the military to the border. Soldiers who are mighty pissed right now, I might add.

The Military Doesn’t Seem to Appreciate Trump’s Border Stunt

See, they know when they've been conned. Be like a soldier.

Perhaps I just can't find it, but the law you cite about completing vote counts on Election Day does not appear to be in the statute.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Also, besides Broward, there were results coming in all week from many counties.

I don't have the statute at hand but Rubio was on TV citing the law and I have to think he knows what it is. The point is that it's absurd that tens of thousands of votes would not be counted in an expeditious manner and its particularly troublesome when it happens over and over in the same place well after it is known how the rest of the state voted. That makes it ripe for fraud.

The media did not dispatch the military to the border. Soldiers who are mighty pissed right now, I might add.

The Military Doesn’t Seem to Appreciate Trump’s Border Stunt

See, they know when they've been conned. Be like a soldier.

The miiltary's job is to shut up and follow orders. You sort of know that when you join. If people don't want the military down there then they should be condemning the horde coming to our border rather than Trump trying to secure it. Of course, the wall would solve this as people would be funneled to legal ports of entry rather than walking around chickenwire.

You're point was we are at peace. :lol:

Right... because all these nutjobs adorning trump stickers were totally immune to trumps hate and division talk.

We aren't perfectly at peace but we're much closer than we were and the wars the left tried to convince everyine that Trump would start are nowhere to be seen.

The synagogue shooter was not a Trump supporter. So, you had one guy, the roider in Fla who is practically off his rocker already. That's your "wave" of terrorism.

Dude you are so blind to reality. Fox and republican candidates pushed the caravan. Not the left or real, actual news. When AZ senate candidate and soon to be loser McSally started running ads about how she'd protect preexisting conditions... after having tried her best to repeal it time and again... This was her response:

Less than two weeks before Election Day, Rep. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) has joined the the chorus of Republican incumbents who are now claiming that they want to protect preexisting conditions despite voting to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Can we please talk about the things that matter to most Arizona voters instead of repeating the Arizona Democratic Party press releases?” McSally shot back at a CBS 5 Phoenix reporter.

“This is ridiculous, honestly. Do you have anything to talk about like the caravan or job opportunities?”

link...

The MSM carried on about Trump and the caravan nightly. This isn't arguable.

The MSM carried on about Trump and the caravan nightly. This isn't arguable.

The MSM covered trump and the right's nonstop carping about an irrelevant caravan. The right was pumping the nonstop fear of the caravan.

The House, governorships and state legislatures flipped D all over the country last week. It was so bad in the Midwest that Michigan, Kansas & Wisconsin Republicans lost their governor.

And, it gets worse when we dig deeper.

Democratic wins in these 9 states will have seismic policy consequences

Thank you, Mr. Trump.

Now, the question is. When will the GOP ditch the orange buffoon?

Republicans don't need to get rid of Trump yet since he has been doing such a great job putting conservative judges on federal courts, and his work with the republican Senate is far from over there.

The House, governorships and state legislatures flipped D all over the country last week. It was so bad in the Midwest that Michigan, Kansas & Wisconsin Republicans lost their governor.

And, it gets worse when we dig deeper.

Democratic wins in these 9 states will have seismic policy consequences

Thank you, Mr. Trump.

Now, the question is. When will the GOP ditch the orange buffoon?

Michigan is one the most gerrymandered states in the US.
It was gerrymandered by the Republican Party to benefit the Republicans yet in this midterm the Dems flipped the governor, the Secretary of State , the states Attorney General , and 2 US House Representives. Our Democratic Senator was up for re-election and she held onto her seat.

You know things are bad when Dems are hailing gains in historically blue states like PA, MI, WI & ME. This is putting lipstick on a pig.

Maybe you are unaware that Michigan was gerrymandered by Republicans to benefit Republicans.

The economy picked up under Obama and started slow and gained steam. Your 2% average is picking up that republican slack in 2009 and turning it around.
LOL, sure, fine, tell yourself what ever you need to keep in on that high pedestal you have him on. Fact is that he oversaw the worst recovery since WW II. He EVEN TOLD US the "new normal" was slow growth and that jobs weren't coming back.

poweRob said:
Dow Jones the entire last year ran practically flat and gold and bonds are on the rise. That is what happens when wall streets starts expecting a downturn.
nd the fed raising interest rates helped a tad. Obama had some pretty slow market years too. Sad thing is I actually think you're HOPING for a crash.

I don't have the statute at hand but Rubio was on TV citing the law and I have to think he knows what it is. The point is that it's absurd that tens of thousands of votes would not be counted in an expeditious manner and its particularly troublesome when it happens over and over in the same place well after it is known how the rest of the state voted. That makes it ripe for fraud.

It is a very populous area, with yet again a ridiculous ballot (severe undercount of votes for Senate) (explained at five thirtyeight if you are interested) and many absentee ballots and provisional ballots. And yet the state of Florida does not find this important enough to spend some tax dollars and fix it.
If it is ripe for fraud, it is more likely ripe for voter repression.

RCP says they have gained 31 with 10 races outstanding. Still quite a distance from the 63 seat destruction of Obama in 2010. Also, Florida law is clear on when the results have to be in.
I don't recall the media hailing it as a red wave back in 2010 either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

The recount was only required after Broward county magically found tens of thousands of votes, votes they were legally required to have tabulated on Tuesday.
Snipes should be behind bars

Ah.

Well if that's the cause, we'll know when after the recount Broward county has tens of thousands less votes than they did before it.

Assuming the recount finds that kind of thing, I'm not sure on the details.

Certainly Broward county needs to get whatever went wrong fixed for next time, if it was just a problem and not intentional.
Personally, I think it was just issues counting, and not fraud, but I don't know for sure.
How do you explain her refusing to disclose how many ballots she is in possession of? She is currently in contempt for refusing to comply

No. How would they ditch Trump? If the exit polls are correct, the Democrats owe their gains and control of the House to the independent voter. The same independent voters who put Trump in the White House. Remember independents went for Trump 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party. This time around with still 11 districts pending, they voted Democratic by a 54-44 margin with 2% voting third party.

The reason for the wave is simple, in 2016 those 12% of independents voting third party disliked both Trump and Hillary. In fact 70% of all independents in 2016 viewed Hillary unfavorably vs 57% for trump. This year, there was no Hillary on the ballot and those same independents who disliked Trump and Hillary in 2016 voted their dislike of Trump by voting Democratic this year.

This year results, the independent vote says as much about Hillary as it does about Trump. At least in their eyes. I think this ought to be a warning for 2020 when it comes to whom will be the democratic nominee. Nominate someone that can appeal to independents or you may have history, 2016 repeating itself. Neither Trump nor Hillary did in 2016.
That's a fair observation. It should be a warning to trump to. He needs to get his approval numbers up with independents

How do you explain her refusing to disclose how many ballots she is in possession of? She is currently in contempt for refusing to comply

I don't know those details.

Let me get back to you.

Edit: Can you direct me to whatever you're talking about?
I can't find anything so far.

Last edited:
The Broward issue appears to be Ballot Design. The county has a disproportionately high undercount for US Senate: ballots where people voted for everyone except a US Senator. This is due to one of two things. Machine error or voters not seeing the Senate Race because it was too far down the ballot, and off to the left ("hidden" below the instructions).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...hat-we-know-about-a-possible-florida-recount/
How do you know people did not choose not to vote for either senator?

Back
Top Bottom