• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The “I Voted” Thread

I just got back from voting. It was the first time in all my years voting at the same precinct that I saw two separate lines with approximately 50+ people in each line. The longer I stood in line the longer the lines got. There were 15 voting machines. It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to cast my ballot. When I came out the lines were even longer. I have never seen anything like it.
Yeah. My polling place is a church and the parking lot was full at 5:45am with cars still streaming in. By the time the doors opened there were a couple of hundred people in line.

Voted a by mail a couple of weeks ago. Was able to check on line that the ballot had been validated and processed.
AZ allows mail in ballots to be processed (counted) before election day. This will help in reducing the load on election day.

Does Colorado begin counting ballots at 7:00 or as they come in?
15 days before the general election, we start counting votes. Mine was counted weeks ago. So we're going to have a much better, actual idea of our vote count by the end of the day than other States that can't seem to get their shit together.

Voted a by mail a couple of weeks ago. Was able to check on line that the ballot had been validated and processed.
AZ allows mail in ballots to be processed (counted) before election day. This will help in reducing the load on election day.
It just makes sense.

Colorado runs a mail-in system and starts counting ballots 15 days before the election. Really puts us on a path for success to report results accurately on election night.

Voted in person last week. No line, and strangely - no privacy. Touchscreens were set up facing poll workers and where people would have been standing in line. We now have paper ballots, which doubles the time it takes to vote. Today should be interesting.

When I lived in Ohio, touchscreen voting machines faced the walls. Privacy was never an issue. I missed them two years ago. But this year, it would not matter because I voted at home.

Voted absentee.

I had planned that for the guy I look after. I dropped his ballot off two weeks ago (he's in assisted living) and figured that they'd mail it for him. Instead I got a call yesterday morning asking if I wanted him to fill it out. So go the best laid plans, I suppose.

Sent in my ballot over a month ago. If Texas by some miracle flips blue, I will be so proud to have been a part of it.

Even if Texas stays red, be proud of yourself for voting early and sending a message that enough is enough.

When I lived in Ohio, touchscreen voting machines faced the walls. Privacy was never an issue. I missed them two years ago. But this year, it would not matter because I voted at home.
That's the way it should be (lined up facing the walls) - there are privacy dividers on the sides, but the stations are wide enough that you can see what others are doing so long as you're not directly behind them.

I think this may have been an innocent result of them doing their best to implement social distancing.

Post here if you voted, so you can feel superior to those who don’t vote.

I just voted, live living in rural/suburban GA, voting is so quick and easy! Nice folks there too.
I voted through Oregon's well vetted and successful vote by mail system. No polling stations, no waits, no masking.

I voted through Oregon's well vetted and successful vote by mail system. No polling stations, no waits, no masking.
States with established mail-in systems are just more civilized.

My wife and I dressed like we were headed to the ice for a day of fishing. We joined the rally at our polling place 20 minutes before opening. 50 ahead of us and several hundred behind us. Moved right along once the doors opened a precisely 6am. Turnout will be huge.

Stickers were enclosed with the ballots in Florida. Even though I was not going anywhere that day, I wore my sticker anyway. My mom decided not to wear hers, so I saved it to put on my shirt today.

My state prevents voters from voting in person if they order mail-in ballots.
I know states get to make the rules regarding elections, but I am stunned at all the rules restricting voting. Hopefully D's control Congress and Presidency so that the Voting Rights Act can be strengthened.

Yeah. My polling place is a church and the parking lot was full at 5:45am with cars still streaming in. By the time the doors opened there were a couple of hundred people in line.
It really is wonderful to see so many people engaged. It was also great to see so many young people volunteering. I made sure I thanked them.

Why? If you are really a progressive, there is no way you can like any other presidential candidate.

because Democrats are far too conservative for my politics

because Democrats are far too conservative for my politics

They are not conservative compared to the despicable human being who interfered with the voting process.

GO BIDEN!

It really is wonderful to see so many people engaged. It was also great to see so many young people volunteering. I made sure I thanked them.
There were! I saw a few people that mentioned it was their first time and lots of people brought their kids (though that may have just made it easier to get them to school).

Post here if you voted, so you can feel superior to those who don’t vote.

I just voted, live living in rural/suburban GA, voting is so quick and easy! Nice folks there too.
I voted 3 Saturdays ago.

Back
Top Bottom