• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Senate Bill Drops Teaching Requirement That Ku Klux Klan Is ‘Morally Wrong’

Max Horkheimer first defined critical theory (German: Kritische Theorie) in his 1937 essay "Traditional and Critical Theory", as a social theory oriented toward critiquing and changing society as a whole, in contrast to traditional theory oriented only toward understanding or explaining it.
I said both, dixon. Accept the truth, and it will set you free. Libertarian philosophy is critical theory that does both, and it must be confronted in all of its weaknesses.

I said both, dixon. Accept the truth, and it will set you free. Libertarian philosophy is critical theory that does both, and it must be confronted in all of its weaknesses.

Nobody is pushing libertarian philosophy in grade schools.

Nobody is pushing libertarian philosophy in grade schools.
And neither is CRT in grade schools, intermediate schools, junior high schools, or high schools.

So you are comparing a movement that was created to protest the murder of black people by police with a racist mass murdering belief?
They were not protesting murders, but justfied deaths.
Then they also exaggerated the issue of police interactions with one specific race.
So the organization was started on a false premise.

It is morally wrong to murder anyone, but it is not morally wrong to fight against racist injustice in the police force... Especially when the police refuse to do anything about the Nazi KkK scum among them.
Your opinion is idiotic.
Morals are personal.
It is illegal to murder someone but it may be morally correct for the person committing the illegal act.

Excon is doing with racial matters and violence that code1211 is doing with political matters and right violence.

Both are in the incredibly small minority, and thus, they only can complain. It's their right.

History should be taught as history was. We don't need either side trying to brainwash children. Take slavery for example. Many parts of human society over the years had slaves. That is the history and the current history is that the world pretty much doesn't have slavery anymore and that the US and other countries ended it and even fought wars to end it. That is what it was. We don't need any extra commentary from either side regarding it.

Pointing out the fact that fighting to defend slavery is incredibly evil is not “brainwashing” anyone.

And neither is CRT in grade schools, intermediate schools, junior high schools, or high schools.

Was just watching about a girl in 4th grade discussing the equity survey they were given

Of course its being taught in grade schools. ALL ACROSS the country. Your denials in the face of reality are meaningless other than to demonstrate your detachment from reality.

All white Ku Klux Klan members should be sent to Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan or China.

I was a teacher for 30 years. I tried hard not to allow my person beliefs creep into the classroom. Many teachers did not care. They would be politically or religiously biased. Bad stuff. This bill is trying to eliminate the political divide from entering the classroom.

I was a teacher for 30 years. I tried hard not to allow my person beliefs creep into the classroom. Many teachers did not care. They would be politically or religiously biased. Bad stuff. This bill is trying to eliminate the political divide from entering the classroom.

Political divide? The right thinks the KKK was okay and the left doesn't, amirite?

Political divide? The right thinks the KKK was okay and the left doesn't, amirite?

Congratulations, you're an idiot. Saying that everyone on the "other side" is bad! If you are on the right, you must believe in slavery! Your mentality is what is breaking up America today.

No, the right thinks our declaration of Independence and Revolutionary war was fought to gain freedom from British rule, not to preserve slavery, and standardized testing isnt systemic racism.

No, the right thinks our declaration of Independence and Revolutionary war was fought to gain freedom from British rule, not to preserve slavery, and standardized testing isnt systemic racism.

I don't recall saying anything about systematic racism. I posted about the KKK and that poster's comment that this is an "across the political divide" issue. When did the KKK become a politically divided issue? The left hates the KKK. If he's right, what does that mean the right thinks about them?

I had a teacher in Jr High in Texas who told the class that he had participated in lynchings. I do not think that that was a good thing for children to hear, but it was part of history. The teacher was unapologetic about it and talked about it as if it were a good thing. I'm sure some people would like to bring back lynchings.

I don't recall saying anything about systematic racism. I posted about the KKK and that poster's comment that this is an "across the political divide" issue. When did the KKK become a politically divided issue? The left hates the KKK. If he's right, what does that mean the right thinks about them?
Actually, it's CRT that is the "politically divided issue".

All white Ku Klux Klan members should be sent to Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan or China.

Just as with trans, gays ECT. I'm sure they will be treated with open arms too.

Was just watching about a girl in 4th grade discussing the equity survey they were given

Of course its being taught in grade schools. ALL ACROSS the country. Your denials in the face of reality are meaningless other than to demonstrate your detachment from reality.
You are suggesting an equity lesson is CRT? Really?? The learning about the struggles of Angles and Saxons in Great Britain would be CRT according to your standards. It is not.

I've been reassured by @cpwill that all of this is just media hype and overreaction.
Surprised he didn't step in and explain that.

We should be much more concerned about THE REAL evil, CRT.

CRT IS an instrument of change. Whether they teach it as such or if they instead attempt to portray it as an instrument of understanding.

Was just reading about CRT childrens books being pushed in schools.

"The Conscious Kid boasts partnerships with some of America’s largest corporations, including Google, YouTube, Nickelodeon, to promote anti-racism as early in childhood as possible. As a 501(c)3, they accept donations:"

"Beyond addressing issues of race and racism, these children’s books focus on taking action. They highlight resistance and activism, and seek to empower youth to participate in the ongoing movement for racial justice. Children not only need to know what individual, systemic, and internalized racism looks like, they need to know what they can do about it."

To transform today's grade school kids into tomorrows ANTIFA and BLM activist rioting in the streets.

Hate to see kids feel empowered.

Back
Top Bottom