• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Elementary School Pathologist Fired for Not Signing Allegiance to Israel Document

I did in a previous comment.
They are also recognized as antisemitic by not just Israel and the US but also France, Germany, Canada, Australia, etc.

How much money changed hands in order to arrive at that outcome?

Please demonstrate to me that the BDS is anti-semetic rather than simply opposing Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians. I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’ll believe what the evidence shows me. And it is entirely possible that I am not aware of certain facts that would change my mind. But based on what I have seen from those participating in the movement their demands are pretty straight forward and are not anti Semitic. Reasonable people can debate whether the demands are realistic or not, but I don’t see the racism. The claim of racism strikes me as a similar cop out that some liberals used in calling Obama’s detractors racist, or Hillary’s detractors misogynistic.

BDS is of course not antisemitic. In fact, it's not even effectual, as research has shown BDS to have had no effect whatsoever on Israel's economy. It's more of a protest based on principle, to show solidarity with people who are being mistreated. It's ludicrous to demand the unemployment of an American woman over such a trivial matter, but the more you delve into the subject, the more you realize that this isn't a coincidence.

Opposing the policies of a nation’s government is not racist. Are we racist for sanctioning Zimbabwe?

The BDS movement is aimed at ending Israels racist treatment of the Palestinians. The state of Israel leaderships thinking they have the right to decide what rights the Palestinians can have

Look who supports the firing of a pathologist for disabled children, it's the moderate right, and left. In reality, the moderates are the extremists in this case, as they would prefer to put an American out of work to support an anti-American practice.

Hell you talking about?

Hell you talking about?

Supposed political moderates make up the bulk of Israel supporters in the USA. And while it's possible to be a moderate who both supports Israel and objects to the firing described in the OP, only one moderate person has offered that view here- SkepticBob.

Look who supports the firing of a pathologist for disabled children, it's the moderate right, and left. In reality, the moderates are the extremists in this case, as they would prefer to put an American out of work to support an anti-American practice.

I never said I supported it. I’m just observing how folks on the reactionary right align on issues with the radical left, a disproportionate number of which seem to align on Jews and Israel.

It’s not really directed at those on the reactionary right, who are a lost cause to civilized humanity, but the deluded noble idealists on the progressive left in the hopes that at least some of them will realize they are being swindled and taken in by a movement as pathological as those they detest so much on the reactionary right.

And I know where you fit in on that spectrum so not really directed at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BDS movement is aimed at ending Israels racist treatment of the Palestinians. The state of Israel leaderships thinking they have the right to decide what rights the Palestinians can have

Once again you are substituting your own preferences for reality. You know that they want Israel gone. Their leadership has said it. Their movement is working towards it. But like with your delusions about Hamas and Corbynism you choose to bury your head in the sand and deny reality rather than actually engage with reality as it exists.

What you claim the BDS movement is aimed at is a bald faced lie. There really is no other way to put it.

Supposed political moderates make up the bulk of Israel supporters in the USA. And while it's possible to be a moderate who both supports Israel and objects to the firing described in the OP, only one moderate person has offered that view here- SkepticBob.

Ah.
Personally, I support Israel's right to exist but not some of it's actions against Palestinians, and I absolutely cannot understand how that question could be an issue when hiring someone. Especially by a government agency. That's so ****ed-up it's hard to describe how ****ed-up it is.

I leave such CT nonsense to you and to those sharing your radical thinking.

Lol. You rely upon naive Americans for support from the bogeymen that Israel created themselves. I'm not a naive American, and thus of no use to you.

Ah.
Personally, I support Israel's right to exist but not some of it's actions against Palestinians, and I absolutely cannot understand how that question could be an issue when hiring someone. Especially by a government agency. That's so ****ed-up it's hard to describe how ****ed-up it is.

Requiring state employees to swear an allegiance to Israel's interests sounds like that ZOG conspiracy I've heard about. But it's probably not true, conspiracy theories are for loonies!

Lol. You rely upon naive Americans for support from the bogeymen that Israel created themselves. I'm not a naive American, and thus of no use to you.

I have no idea what you're talking about at this point, the surreal world you apparently made up where you play the hero protecting against an ethnic/religious minority who conspire to cause harm to whatever group of people it is you think you represent might have been a lot more fun for you had this been the 1930's in Western Europe.

To answer more directly, of course you're of no use to me. No idea why you'd believe otherwise.

I have no idea what you're talking about at this point, the surreal world you apparently made up where you play the hero protecting against an ethnic/religious minority who conspire to cause harm to whatever group of people it is you think you represent might have been a lot more fun for you had this been the 1930's in Western Europe.

Back to reality, in this thread I've defended an American Muslim woman with an immigrant background. I'm not what you'd paint me out to be.

Without the history of what occurred in 1930's Western Europe, you'd never have fooled your protectors into doing your bidding. So feign grief all you want over that, it's been the single biggest avenue for enrichment and gain.

To answer more directly, of course you're of no use to me. No idea why you'd believe otherwise.

I don't believe otherwise, remember? Once in my life I made the mistake of supporting the likes of you. Those days are over. It's no coincidence that Jews have a higher opinion of Muslims than of evangelicals- they can respect their enemy more than they respect an ally.

Back to reality, in this thread I've defended an American Muslim woman with an immigrant background. I'm not what you'd paint me out to be.

Without the history of what occurred in 1930's Western Europe, you'd never have fooled your protectors into doing your bidding. So feign grief all you want over that, it's been the single biggest avenue for enrichment and gain.

I don't believe otherwise, remember? Once in my life I made the mistake of supporting the likes of you. Those days are over. It's no coincidence that Jews have a higher opinion of Muslims than of evangelicals- they can respect their enemy more than they respect an ally.

And in another you bash Muslims, so?
If I didn't explain myself well enough I hardly care about this imaginary story where you're some hero protecting some imaginary group from some imaginary threat coming from an ethnic/religious minority.

What does BDS have to do with helping developmentally disabled children in Texas? They've been quietly sneaking their agenda into state laws around the country. The first time I became aware of this was in Nikki Haley's South Carolina, where legislation made it illegal to support BDS on college campuses. Haley is a shameless employee of Israel, and will likely collect millions of dollars from the global tentacles that do Israel's bidding in the USA.

Will any of Israel's supporters be brave enough here to support the firing of Bahia Amawi for refusing to pledge support for a foreign country? Under which grounds should she be fired?

Meanwhile the entire thread title is a distortion. There is no requirement to pledge allegiance to Israel. Just not to engage in certain conduct. Like a requirement you not use drugs off duty or do not join or provide support to the KKK.

I don’t like this and doubt it would be upheld in court as this is a public institution and US first amendment rights are very strong, but it’s not the “loyalty pledge” that you are trying to pretend it is.

Requiring state employees to swear an allegiance to Israel's interests sounds like that ZOG conspiracy I've heard about. But it's probably not true, conspiracy theories are for loonies!

Yes, the "ZOG" conspiracy theory is particularly nuts, but I'm not surprised you love it.

And in another you bash Muslims, so?
If I didn't explain myself well enough I hardly care about this imaginary story where you're some hero protecting some imaginary group from some imaginary threat coming from an ethnic/religious minority.

The majority of threads you've started are about Islamic terrorism in Europe and the US, not about Israel. Am I supposed to pretend not to know why you are so keen on these terror attacks? Why Netanyahu gushed with glee over the 9/11 attacks?

Yes, the "ZOG" conspiracy theory is particularly nuts, but I'm not surprised you love it.

lmao

What's 'nuts' tiger? AIPAC owning the House of Representatives & Senate? Donald Trump & the GOP receiving $50 milllion from Sheldon Adelson before moving the embassy to Jerusalem? I could go on, but it'd be wasted you.

lmao

What's 'nuts' tiger? AIPAC owning the House of Representatives & Senate? Donald Trump & the GOP receiving $50 milllion from Sheldon Adelson before moving the embassy to Jerusalem? I could go on, but it'd be wasted you.

So in other words we've got the usual anti semitic conspiracy theories and general babble of absurdity from you. It'd be funny if it hadn't been used to justify the murder of millions upon millions of innocent people over the years.

But by all means continue your impotent screeching.

So in other words we've got the usual anti semitic conspiracy theories and general babble of absurdity from you. It'd be funny if it hadn't been used to justify the murder of millions upon millions of innocent people over the years.

But by all means continue your impotent screeching.

*Trillions©

*Trillions©

Ah yes, the usual wail of the anti-semitic CTer. I see you don't have any actual facts to back up your fairy tales; just a bunch of tantrums over the fact that your hatred has been called out.

Ah yes, the usual wail of the anti-semitic CTer. I see you don't have any actual facts to back up your fairy tales; just a bunch of tantrums over the fact that your hatred has been called out.

Facts pertaining to this subject are everywhere. However, willful blindness employed by Israel's useful idiots prohibits many from ever experiencing an epiphany. Then there are those who experience an awakening, yet are too bound to their own need for acceptance to ever voice their conscience. The herd mentality, and the consequences associated with breaking free from the pack, are just too powerful for some to free themselves from.

Holding oneself to be the only one capable of seeing the light (while others are wilfully blind) is classically reminiscent of the psychiatry patient who holds himself to be sane and everyone else to be the crazy ones.:lol:

What does BDS have to do with helping developmentally disabled children in Texas? They've been quietly sneaking their agenda into state laws around the country. The first time I became aware of this was in Nikki Haley's South Carolina, where legislation made it illegal to support BDS on college campuses. Haley is a shameless employee of Israel, and will likely collect millions of dollars from the global tentacles that do Israel's bidding in the USA.

Will any of Israel's supporters be brave enough here to support the firing of Bahia Amawi for refusing to pledge support for a foreign country? Under which grounds should she be fired?
Seeing as how I see BDS as an anti-Semitic movement designed to attack the jewish people out of one of a shrinking amount of safe harbours. I do support the law and decision. Obviously, this woman believes such actions are just politics and perhaps even for human rights so I can understand her or the OP outrage, and certianly think her case should be heard and given grounds to appel. I could be wrong. She at least must see though why there is such worry from the jewish point of view? Why such a law is in place?

Few groups share a history as that of the Jewish people, where a once supportive societies first turn to highlight their difference, then attack them economically, then attack them physically. The idea we should just throw out that history of mistrust is silly. Israel represents a safe harbour, remains a strong ally of America, and more importantly is being singled out for no other reason than they are jewish. It is a fair and appropriate response to protect against troublesome local developments such as BDS, maybe it can go too far, maybe this is an example of it going too far. Reading what I did though I see no more issue then that of barring any other forms manifest observable racist behavior by an educators. Debatable certainly, but unlike most cases I think appropriate. Would we be so offended if she had to sign something that said she didn't take part in stopping Africanamericans from having access to all businesses or supports refusing to serve gays?

BDS is economic warfare selecting a country solely for being primary jewish. The tragic Palestine situation is not unique around the world. 25% of Israels citizen remain of that heritage and they have offered the rufugees in West Bank and Gaza many deals to end the current situion. There remains a land disagreement. That is common as are noncitizen refugees in many countries often treated in worse ways. The target on Israel is obviously only because they are jewish, whether people want to admit it or not.

In no way intended to dismiss the rest of your pertinent post, but just to address this particular issue
~.......................................

BDS is economic warfare selecting a country solely for being primary jewish. ................~
...............there is an example of a more differentiated approach in the EU's preferential tariff on imports of Israeli goods.

As such Israel has agreed to supply any of it shipments with the zip code of the location where the respective goods were produced. If that zip code identifies a location that is under Israeli administration as of 1967 (IOW occupied territory that is not considered to be part of the Israeli state), the shipment is denied the preferential import tariff.

One may argue the pros and cons of such a regulation either way, but it is a means of expressing displeasure at certain Israeli government policies, while certainly not representing the broad brush approach of the likes of BDS in economically condemning a whole state and all its people.

Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom