• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Considers Posting Ten Commandments in Public Schools

An interesting set of thoughts. I am not paranoid about the spread of religion. I am worried about religion being mixed with government because this is extremely dangerous and has destroyed societies throughout history.

Religion on its own is fine. When it becomes intertwined with government, it is very dangerous. This is why the forefathers made certain the state was not allowed a religion. There are some people who do not understand the issue this causes. There are some states that are becoming theocracies. The leadership of those states needs to be expelled in disgrace and denied further participation in government affairs.

Think about the middle east and the evils of the governments of those places. Women are devalued and thought of as less than a man. They have no rights and are required to wear a certain type of clothing. They are not allowed to walk around on their own. Punishments are barbaric and often involve death.

That is not what this country needs. We need to the states to stay out of our personal medical decisions. We need the states to avoid legislating their religious beliefs. People who do this are not fit for office because they lack the objectivity required to govern fairly.
Just stay away from predominantly Muslim countries like Afghanistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
And if you go to Transylvania, you better hide the crucifix hanging around your neck. Pissing off a vampire could get you killed.
Some simple travel advice there.

So you are exaggerating and whining about a problem that has no effect on you. Amd you do so just to shit on a point someone made.

We have come to expect that from the right, actually.
Hey, I watch FoxNews and see the mobs rampaging through the streets. They might pick my town and destroy our peaceful downtown area. You never know.

And if I don't are you going to report me for not following what you believe.?
I don't want the Ten Commandments posted in public schools.
There, does that make you feel better now that I agree with the eager atheists and irreligious in this thread?

Yeah I saw that yet you keep defending it. Just read what everyone else is saying, why it's wrong, unnecessary, not benign, and unconstitutional. I dont need to repeat myself.

Right, they oppose their attempts to institutionalize it outside of their temples.
Temple worshippers should stay in their temples.
I wonder how long it will be before Minneapolis citizens complain about the broadcast to Muslim prayers that will happen five times a day.

Yeah I saw that yet you keep defending it. Just read what everyone else is saying, why it's wrong, unnecessary, not benign, and unconstitutional. I dont need to repeat myself.
Thank you for not repeating yourself.

Temple worshippers should stay in their temples.
I wonder how long it will be before Minneapolis citizens complain about the broadcast to Muslim prayers that will happen five times a day.
On what basis? I mean, if it's a noise violation, then yes. Shut it down immediately.

They will be at risk of freely exercise their religion in the same way you don't see a bunch of different religions flourishing in Afghanistan or Iran or any other theocracy
That's why I am thankful I live in the freest country in the world and not in the Middle East or in East Asia.
We should all be thankful we won the universal birth lottery by being born in this country and not in over 150 other countries without a KFC or InAndOut restaurant.

On what basis? I mean, if it's a noise violation, then yes. Shut it down immediately.
If the loudspeakers were next to your house you'd be quick to complain.
But your tolerance for religious ritual would convince you the music was melodious.

I don't know, you tell me.

I'll just stick with the Const.

Why'd you leave this part out without addressing? "Is there a reason you have justifying the violation of the 1A here? If so, what?"

I'll just stick with the Const.

Why'd you leave this part out without addressing? "Is there a reason you have justifying the violation of the 1A here? If so, what?"
I left that out because I have not supported violating the 1A anywhere in this thread.

I entered this thread noting work done by Jordan Peterson on the bible in general which included the ten commandments.

Then you and I had an exchange about the Abrahamic religions and how the commandments very amung them.

At no point did I offer an opinion, pro or con, on displaying the commandments in a public school.

The Right keeps doing this just to irritate you, it never holds up in court. It doesn't matter what anyone's opinion here is, this never survives judicial challenge, so I ignored op and started my own conversation off it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom