• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Texan pleads guilty in abortion clinic bomb case

Let me very clear.

Rick you are on your own if you are advocating violence against abortion clinics, practitioners or their personel.

Spoken like a true lap dog of James Dobson. There is no justification for violence against innocents.

Do you grasp the collossal transcendental irony in what you said?? :shock: No, probably not.

Let me very clear.

Rick you are on your own if you are advocating violence against abortion clinics, practitioners or their personel.

Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. The point of the biblical saying is violence begets violence. Although I don't advocate violence in this case, NOBODY EVER can expect to commit violence as is the day in, day out practice of abortion mills, and expect to escape it themselves. Now, reread this carefully a few times so that you don't walk off with any misaprehension.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The silenced majority For This Useful Post:
1069, Chanda, chevydriver1123, Felicity, RightinNYC, star2589

Gosh, a whole bunch of folks have a reading comprehension problem!

Or perhaps when multiple people read the same quote the same way, then it's the quote that's the problem, not the people reading it.

Rick,

I personally am opposed to abortion. I feel that it has been a great moral dilemma for this country over 30 years. I would like people to be able themselves to ideologically rid themselves of this social responsibility safety net. I hope presenting my point of view (and other's as well) in a rational way will help to change people's minds and steer them away from ever considering an abortion in the first place.

That's where the battle needs to be fought; in hearts and minds.

Abortion is the law of the land. What you perceive to be violence is simply somebody exercising their rights. I know that may be harsh, but it's also reality.

To put an end to abortion being the law of the land would require a massive change of heart and reason across the nation. The battle must be fought using logic.

To look at what happens to abortion clinics that are targeted with violence as simply being them: "getting what's coming to them" does nothing to help our cause.

It simply makes us look like AL Qaeda, or those who give tacit support to their actions by remaining silent and not speaking out when violence is committed supposedly in our name.

Or perhaps when multiple people read the same quote the same way, then it's the quote that's the problem, not the people reading it.

And so many from both sides of the debate!

Rick,

I personally am opposed to abortion. I feel that it has been a great moral dilemma for this country over 30 years. I would like people to be able themselves to ideologically rid themselves of this social responsibility safety net. I hope presenting my point of view (and other's as well) in a rational way will help to change people's minds and steer them away from ever considering an abortion in the first place.

They've had your point of view for 35 years - what good has it done? The abortion movement is led by stoney-faced hard hearted feminists. Many of the leaders really do believe that the only bad abortion is the one that doesn't happen. They want equality with men, and they perceive that the only way to get it is off these little fetus pests that interrupt a woman's career and give her little time for politics.

Abortion is the law of the land. What you perceive to be violence is simply somebody exercising their rights. I know that may be harsh, but it's also reality.

Puh-leeeeeese don't try to dress up the judicial insanity of the last 30 years in the constitution. The reason abortion is legal is because of the outrageous USSC decision engineered by Justice Blackmun, creating a supposed right out of whole cloth - his jurisprudence in that case has even been criticized by pro abortionists.

To put an end to abortion being the law of the land would require a massive change of heart and reason across the nation. The battle must be fought using logic.

There isn't going to be any debate - the lib media and academy have seen to that. Nobody will listen to your logic.

To look at what happens to abortion clinics that are targeted with violence as simply being them: "getting what's coming to them" does nothing to help our cause.

It simply makes us look like AL Qaeda, or those who give tacit support to their actions by remaining silent and not speaking out when violence is committed supposedly in our name.

Here's a historical truth for you, some reality: oppressed people, or those who support them, ALWAYS strike back in kind against oppressors. There simply is no free lunch where you can merely go along dispatching tens of millions of fetuses and not have something happen to yourself.

And the work against abortionists is succeeding: the number of abortionists is shrinking, not because of any great moral awakening by listening to the likes of you, but because of the opprobium and danger in being an abortionist.

They've had your point of view for 35 years - what good has it done? The abortion movement is led by stoney-faced hard hearted feminists. Many of the leaders really do believe that the only bad abortion is the one that doesn't happen. They want equality with men, and they perceive that the only way to get it is off these little fetus pests that interrupt a woman's career and give her little time for politics.

Puh-leeeeeese don't try to dress up the judicial insanity of the last 30 years in the constitution. The reason abortion is legal is because of the outrageous USSC decision engineered by Justice Blackmun, creating a supposed right out of whole cloth - his jurisprudence in that case has even been criticized by pro abortionists.

There isn't going to be any debate - the lib media and academy have seen to that. Nobody will listen to your logic.

Here's a historical truth for you, some reality: oppressed people, or those who support them, ALWAYS strike back in kind against oppressors. There simply is no free lunch where you can merely go along dispatching tens of millions of fetuses and not have something happen to yourself.

And the work against abortionists is succeeding: the number of abortionists is shrinking, not because of any great moral awakening by listening to the likes of you, but because of the opprobium and danger in being an abortionist.

Gosh, you sound really frustrated, Rick.
It must suck to want to control others and not be permitted to.
I'm glad I was never cursed with the desire to control others.
It doesn't look like a happy place, the place where you live.

Gosh, you sound really frustrated, Rick.
It must suck to want to control others and not be permitted to.
I'm glad I was never cursed with the desire to control others.
It doesn't look like a happy place, the place where you live.

You sound like Barney, the purple dinosaur.

Abortion is about the ultimate control over others - viz killing them.

I'll take that as a compliment, I suppose.
While often banal, I never heard Barney say anything explicitly offensive.

It's a shame you feel that way, Rick.
That must be distressing for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick

I'll take that as a compliment, I suppose.
While often banal, I never heard Barney say anything explicitly offensive.

I'm in business to tell it like is - I don't care about offensive.

Quote:

It's a shame you feel that way, Rick.

It's not about "feelings" - spare me the female touchy-feely. :lol:

It's not about "feelings"....

Well, it's certainly not about reality.
When one is unable to distinguish the vagaries of one's own imagination from actual occurrences in real life, I'd say it's time to be seeking some counseling.

Well, it's certainly not about reality.
When one is unable to distinguish the vagaries of one's own imagination from actual occurrences in real life, I'd say it's time to be seeking some counseling.

I wish you well. Check county services - they may pay for part of it. :lol:

Or perhaps people are just agreeing that violence against abortion clinics or their employees is unacceptable.

Bombing, or attempting, conspiring, or otherwise wishing to bomb a clinic that provides medical service is simply wrong.

In fact, I submit that it is much more wrong than doctors performing abortions.

You say that the only reason abortion is legal is because of the Roe opionion. I say that is crap.

I'll be the first to admit that the reasoning of Roe may not be the best supported in law decided prior to the decision. But if you have a problem with the decision and its constitutional implications, there's a simple solution:

Convince others you're right and amend the Constitution.

If the anti-choice position is so obvious and right, there should be little problem with that.

You say that the oppressed always fight back? I submit that it was not the oppressed that were fighting back here. How was the instant criminal being oppressed by the clinic? The criminal was simply a wacko that was breaking the law.

And some people spend 30 years in prison for setting off bombs. Sucks to be them.

And some people spend 30 years in prison for setting off bombs. Sucks to be them.

Haha. Yeah. Especially when the bomb didn't even detonate, and the clinic was back in operation within three hours of its discovery and removal.
I'll bet not one single abortion even had to be rescheduled.
So, you know, it's almost like this sh!twit threw his life away for nothing.
I mean, it would be that way, if in fact he'd had a life in the first place.
As it is, he appears to have spent his entire adult life, as well as most of his teenage years, in one prison or another.
I doubt he'll be much missed, even by fellow fanatics.

Bombing, or attempting, conspiring, or otherwise wishing to bomb a clinic that provides medical service is simply wrong.

Thank you for your morality lesson. How about tens of millions of abortions - are those simply wrong, too?

In fact, I submit that it is much more wrong than doctors performing abortions.

WOW! Let me hear your contorted reasoning!

You say that the only reason abortion is legal is because of the Roe opionion. I say that is crap.

Uh, thank you for your ... uh...err... "opinion". :roll:

I'll be the first to admit that the reasoning of Roe may not be the best supported in law decided prior to the decision. But if you have a problem with the decision and its constitutional implications, there's a simple solution:

Convince others you're right and amend the Constitution.

If the anti-choice position is so obvious and right, there should be little problem with that.

I got a better idea - get enough supreme court justices to overturn Roe. If not for the spectacular stupidity of republican presidents before Bush II in nominating justices, it would already have been done years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick

As the blacks say, "No justice, no peace". The pro-life people are NEVER going to go away. In various forms, anti-abortion activities will never stop until the practice is outlawed. And there will never be a time when the abortionists cashing in on this bloody trade don't have to look over their shoulder and wonder if they're next.

And there will never be a time when the abortionists cashing in on this bloody trade don't have to look over their shoulder and wonder if they're next.

Do you think that is appropriate--or a "good" thing?"

As the blacks say, "No justice, no peace". The pro-life people are NEVER going to go away. In various forms, anti-abortion activities will never stop until the practice is outlawed. And there will never be a time when the abortionists cashing in on this bloody trade don't have to look over their shoulder and wonder if they're next.

I can think of a couple jihadists off the top of my head who think the exact same way.

Curious... will you advocate the murder of all the doctors who prescribe hormonal birth control pills too? (since they can also cause the death of fertilized eggs by ejecting them from the uterus before they implant)

Spoken like a true terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom