• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

That would be just perfect for Democrats...

Right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go that far, but I would agree with "Showing that the planned wall won't work as planned." isn't exactly something that the Republicans would be overjoyed with.

Oh? And I am to presume you would be open to spending money on a border wall?

This is like agreeing with a tenant to rent an apartment at X price, and then reneging on it because your boss didn't like your agreement. Again, bad faith negotiating. We aren't doing that and neither is congress. That's why we have the current situation, with Democrats passing bills that would help all low and middl income Americans, and the GOP backing a wall the overwhelming majority of Americans don't want.

You could start your search for an answer on eBay.
LOL, yeah, I think you realize that cutting through takes a bit more than your Craftsman hacksaw hanging up in you workshop. Not likely coyotes are going to be carrying industrial power saws and power supplies in the midst of the Az-NM deserts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856

Okie dokie.
107b572c28ce5e0026435acf51388648.jpg

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Do you lock your doors?

You don't need the government to open to continue developing a product. There were 8 prototypes here, and the entire point of the test was to destroy it, to see how it could be improved.

You might want to re-think that one.

Well yes, it wasn't what they agreed with Republicans on. Don't you remember?

Some seem to have the memory of a gnat. How soon they forget.

LOL, yeah, I think you realize that cutting through takes a bit more than your Craftsman hacksaw hanging up in you workshop. Not likely coyotes are going to be carrying industrial power saws and power supplies in the midst of the Az-NM deserts.

Does the word "start" have any meaning to you?

Do you lock your doors?
My house came with doors and locks.
America didn't come with 2000 mile walls.

Did I really just have to explain why your analogy is bad?

So, what you've shown is criminals have a harder time getting into your house than getting into the country. Do I have to explain why the analogy is good? Your house had to be built, correct? You didn't just start living there without a house, right?

Are door locks 100% impregnable?

Di I have to explain why the analogy is good?

I didn't come up with any analogies. This is why you guys aren't getting your wall, and Congress will reopen. Also, before you get on your spiel about how you built this county, and that's just like building a house, please take a chill pill

I'm sure the railroads were up and running by the time you guys worked as whatever blue collar profession you want to represent came into existence.

Last edited:
Are door locks 100% impregnable?
... you ask if my house has a lock trying to compare it to the border situation, and now you want to find out if locks are impregnable.

I'm not helping you get a degree in criminology, apdst. There is no comparison. Houses come with locks. Our border didn't come with a wall. It's really that simple on why they're different.

You might want to re-think that one.

the DHS has a large supply of money financing operations developing the wall, due to the 1.6 billion from last year, with little of it being spent. Not doubt saved just so everyone can see construction progressing in the middle of the shut down. I love it.

the DHS has a large supply of money financing operations developing the wall, due to the 1.6 billion from last year, with little of it being spent. Not doubt saved just so everyone can see construction progressing in the middle of the shut down. I love it.
Is... Is that what you think is happening or how funds are actually allocated to different projects? That's nutty.

I didn't come up with any analogies. This is why you guys aren't getting your wall, and Congress will reopen. Also, before you get on your spiel about how you built this county, and that's just like building a house, please take a chill pill

I'm sure the railroads were up and running by the time you guys worked as whatever blue collar profession you want to represent came into existence.

Based on this disjointed blather-fest looks like you may be the one needing a chill pill. I apologize for trying to use a simple analogy on a simpler mind.

... you ask if my house has a lock trying to compare it to the border situation, and now you want to find out if locks are impregnable.

I'm not helping you get a degree in criminology, apdst. There is no comparison. Houses come with locks. Our border didn't come with a wall. It's really that simple on why they're different.

Are you going to get rid of the locks in your house, or stop using them, because they aren't 100% effective?

Are you going to get rid of the locks in your house, or stop using them, because they aren't 100% effective?
Are we getting rid of a wall that hasn't been created? Lol, you aren't getting another wall, apdst.

From NBC News

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

The Trump administration directed the construction of eight steel and concrete prototype walls that were built in Otay Mesa, California, just across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. Trump inspected the prototypes in March 2018. He has now settled on a steel slat, or steel bollard, design for the proposed border barrier additions. Steel bollard fencing has been used under previous administrations.

However, testing by DHS in late 2017 showed all eight prototypes, including the steel slats, were vulnerable to breaching, according to an internal February 2018 U.S. Customs and Border Protection report.

COMMENT:-

Well, back to the drawing board.

Yeah, but Mexico is going to pay for the wall, and they'll use better steel.

Are we getting rid of a wall that hasn't been created? Lol, you aren't getting another wall, apdst.

If you built a tool shed in your backyard, would you install locking devices?

If you bought a house and the lock on the front door was broken, are you going to replace it?

Or...are you going to say "**** it, locks aren't 100% effective, anyway"?

From NBC News

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

The Trump administration directed the construction of eight steel and concrete prototype walls that were built in Otay Mesa, California, just across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. Trump inspected the prototypes in March 2018. He has now settled on a steel slat, or steel bollard, design for the proposed border barrier additions. Steel bollard fencing has been used under previous administrations.

However, testing by DHS in late 2017 showed all eight prototypes, including the steel slats, were vulnerable to breaching, according to an internal February 2018 U.S. Customs and Border Protection report.

COMMENT:-

Well, back to the drawing board.

And acid doesn't make noise, so sensors wouldn't catch it.

If you built a tool shed in your backyard, would you install locking devices?

If you bought a house and the lock on the front door was broken, are you going to replace it?

Or...are you going to say "**** it, locks aren't 100% effective, anyway"?

I have a large dog that swears she will eat your soul.

I pretty much don't lock my doors.

In my Latino neighborhood in San Diego.

I have a large dog that swears she will eat your soul.

I pretty much don't lock my doors.

In my Latino neighborhood in San Diego.

But, you do lock them when you feel the need. Yes?

"Pretty much" doesn't mean you never lock them.

Irrelevant nonsense.
Do you really not understand that?
What the **** does your motel experiences have to do with the topic? What the **** does vibration of a bed have to do with what I stated previously about detecting vibrations?

Have you ever seen anyone cut down trees with "detcord"? It's really easy and you can do hundreds of yards of them all at the same time. The same principle applies to those Architecturally Beautiful Steel Slats.

PS - The United States of America is NOT the only country in the world that manufactures "detcord".
Well that would really set off the vibration detection I spoke of earlier, wouldn't it? You have no valid point.

If you think you do, please show us all the instances of det. cord being used to bypass our barrier that is already in place?

Just because a barrier can possibly be breached, does not mean a barrier should not be built.

Irrelevant nonsense.
Do you really not understand that?
What the **** does your motel experiences have to do with the topic? What the **** does vibration of a bed have to do with what I stated previously about detecting vibrations?

You asked about "Magic Fingers", I supplied information.

If you think you do, please show us all the instances of det. cord being used to bypass our barrier that is already in place?

My demolitions instructors demonstrated how to do it - but they had to use trees because the cost of the demonstrations would have been prohimitive otherwise.

Just because a barrier can possibly be breached, does not mean a barrier should not be built.

True, and just because a perpetual motion machine will not work does not mean a perpetual motion machine should not be built - it just means that you are going to have to wait a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time before I put any of my money into the construction of one.

Back
Top Bottom