• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Koppel slams Fox News for being as partisan and biased as MSNBC

I have always like his style. I guess to me his condescencion was more against idiots than anything else. Also he swerves both right and left at times, which is why I see him as pretty much centrist.

However I was not aware of him running over people. :shock:

I guess that is true. Plus I did like the clip of him screaming "We are the United States and we don't ****ing torture!"

But they are in bed with the Republicans so... Ted Koppel is right and this regard that our new stations suck because it is biased. We have more political pundit time than we do actual news time. And then when people are asked about either news channels they think of the pundits. And I am not saying this to just rag on Fox, but people need to realize that just because one station says what you like doesn't mean it is not biased.

I believe that I am a fair person and I don't want to hear how other media sugarcoats and paints a different picture of politicians while this nation is going to hell in a hand basket. If I wanted to see fantasy in the news, then I watch a good fantasy movie in the Disney channel or perhaps cartoons.

When a news story breaks, you can depend on Fox or CNN. Both are good at it. Meanwhile, MSNBC covers the same earthquake and figures out a way to spin it as a failing of Bush.

On a slow news day, however, you can only get a fair shake on Fox for random news. Even CNN can't help itself; they're idea of a fluff segmet is having Soledad O'Brien do another episode of "Black in America."

When a news story breaks, you can depend on Fox or CNN. Both are good at it. Meanwhile, MSNBC covers the same earthquake and figures out a way to spin it as a failing of Bush.

On a slow news day, however, you can only get a fair shake on Fox for random news. Even CNN can't help itself; they're idea of a fluff segmet is having Soledad O'Brien do another episode of "Black in America."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

779Vw.jpg

Yes, you can depend on fox for unbiased news :roll:

But they are in bed with the Republicans so... Ted Koppel is right and this regard that our new stations suck because it is biased. We have more political pundit time than we do actual news time. And then when people are asked about either news channels they think of the pundits. And I am not saying this to just rag on Fox, but people need to realize that just because one station says what you like doesn't mean it is not biased.

Ted Koppel is a has been and this is nothing but sour grapes. He is living in the past.

Fox News Channel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6 hours of their line up is news while 8 is opinion. I counted 1 hour for both for the one that is both news and opinion.

So basically, at this point, they are a news channel, like Mtv is a music video channel. There is some programming, but its not the majority.

Ahh, you actually expect us to take Wiki's spin on which programs are opinion and which are news ?? You're kidding right ???

Koppel is old school and is simply mad that network news doesn't control the nation's news broadcasts anymore. If anyone thinks he wasn't biased, they are crazy. He is a self proclaimed liberal.

Back
Top Bottom