• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TD Wins It

Neither team deserves it more than the other, that's why you flip a coin.
LOL... a coin flip. Imagine that at Wimbledon if the tie breaker was decided by a coin flip and all the advantage goes to the server.
This is why you need to focus on Defense just as much if not more than Offense, you never know if your QB is going to be on the field at the very end of the game.
A good offense will always beat a good defense...

Speaking only as a fan, I much prefer the college overtime rules. Winning the coinflip still gives you a significant advantage, but not as lopsided in my opinion. Though, the TD wins rule is most certainly better than previously where a FG would win the game.
Agreed... that FG Wins was one of the most stupid rules I have ever seen.

That's nice. But the win needs to happen in regulation----otherwise be prepared for whatever happens in OT. That's my view. I like K.I.S.S.
So if a win does not happen in regulation be prepared for a stupid rule that will disadvantage you?

Great logic.

So if a win does not happen in regulation be prepared for a stupid rule that will disadvantage you?
A good coach and team looks in the mirror for getting themselves in that situation. The blame goes nowhere else. Period. To think otherwise is to think like losers, not winners.
Great logic.

A good coach and team looks in the mirror for getting themselves in that situation. The blame goes nowhere else. Period. To think otherwise is to think like losers, not winners.
I doubt you did very well in sports... anybody that wins despises unfair rules that can alter the outcome so unfairly.

and with it was the Bill's extra defensive stand
And no corresponding scoring opportunity.

Tell me, why is the second half kickoff received by the team that kicked to open the game?

And Both teams will knows the rules in games to come as well...........
Great insight. Fantastic. Adds so much to the discussion.

I doubt you did very well in sports... anybody that wins despises unfair rules that can alter the outcome so unfairly.
I do not see them as unfair. They applied to both teams from the get go. As an athlete and/or coach I have done all I could to make sure I never had to worry about OT. The idea is to WIN, not tie. No Excuses.

And no corresponding scoring opportunity.
Defense IS a scoring opportunity..........at least on OUR field it is............
Tell me, why is the second half kickoff received by the team that kicked to open the game?
The is the rule in regulation at this time. If they change it, then we need to coach it and adapt.
Great insight. Fantastic. Adds so much to the discussion.
Just because I have the better argument does not mean it does not add to the argument. You simple cannot defend your thinking. POint goes to me on this one.

I do not see them as unfair. They applied to both teams from the get go. As an athlete and/or coach I have done all I could to make sure I never had to worry about OT. The idea is to WIN, not tie. No Excuses.
This is not about making ****ing excuses... this is about adjusting the ****ing rules so that it is fair for both teams.

What the **** about this is so goddamn hard to understand? Post another stupid ****ing post about something before overtime... before what the topic of the thread is actually about. For ****s sake. LOL

This is not about making ****ing excuses... this is about adjusting the ****ing rules so that it is fair for both teams.

What the **** about this is so goddamn hard to understand? Post another stupid ****ing post about something before overtime... before what the topic of the thread is actually about. For ****s sake. LOL
Why so angry bro?
It's just a football game. Maybe they change the rule and maybe not. But all know exactly what the current rule is and how it will be applied. KC won! It's done.

Why so angry bro?
Not angry at all... amused and exasperated that you won't actually address the argument after ten posts or whatever and keep on about losers and complaining and the game prior to Overtime. You almost kinda maybe sorta addressed it here for the first time... in bold
It's just a football game.
No, it is an argument about rules
Maybe they change the rule and maybe not. But all know exactly what the current rule is and how it will be applied. KC won! It's done.

I guess we are done here until you address the argument... I won't hold my breath.

As I explained----it is fair IMO. When you complain it sounds like excuse making.......but I get it.........I just don't agree
Regulation is very much about the topic. Why is that hard to understand ?? It is not THAT simple as to only be about OT. OT is a result of regulation play.

As I explained----it is fair IMO. When you complain it sounds like excuse making.......but I get it.........I just don't agree
Arguing for a change is not complaining. What a negative and hostile way to look at things. This is where you first display a failure to understand the argument.
Regulation is very much about the topic. Why is that hard to understand ?? It is not THAT simple as to only be about OT. OT is a result of regulation play.
I knew it would end here... I bet you are pro-life, right?

Arguing for a change is not complaining. What a negative and hostile way to look at things.
Strawman on your prt
This is where you first display a failure to understand the argument.

I knew it would end here... I bet you are pro-life, right?

??????/Well, how can anyone NOT be pro-life ???? Seriously.

That is what Chris Collinsworth said during his commentary... twice, I think. The Bills had the best D in the league and specifically on third downs.
So you made an entire thread because of the opinions of Collinsworth? Jeez.

So you made an entire thread because of the opinions of Collinsworth? Jeez.
No. This thread has nothing to do with the Bills defense.

The 2013 Seahawks might disagree with you there.
Thanks for proving that not everybody understands generalizations. LOL

Thanks for proving that not everybody understands generalizations. LOL
As the saying goes, "defense wins championships". There's many examples of great offenses being toppled by great defenses, that one just happened to be one of the more egregious.

Back
Top Bottom