• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taxation Unfairness Must Stop!

Hmm…

BTW…

Hmm…

BTW…

(Me) Sometimes wrong...​

-Peace / Thanks...

Thank for showing us how Stats can be used to trick people.

The US Protects many of those Countries on the other histogram!
China steals so much IP from the US that they don't need to spend to much of their own money!

As for the "BAD RICH" not paying as much B.S. !
It says they pay 8.2% !!!!
So if most Americans make $50K per yr and pay 10% ->$5K per year ...
The Rich make 10M per year even at 5% -> %500K ....

If you want Americans to start getting Politicians to do a good job in DC you would need to start taxing the Poor !!!!
Even if it's $100 per year, and stop giving them FREE TAX MONEY !!!....

If this happened the next day the Criminals in DC would stop fleasing America ! Because bribing the Poor with Free stuff is the only way DEM's can get people to vote for them !

As for the Education, they should just stop the Liberals politicizing children, from trying to turn all the kids in to Trans people and teach them Reading writing and arithmetic ! You remember like when America was the undisputed world leader....

For someone whose name suggests opposition to both parties, you miss some really obvious opportunities to criticize Republicans. Like "bribing the middle class with tax cuts is the only way REP's can get people to vote for them!"

The Earned Income Tax Credit (a handout for low earners) has had bipartisan support. Initially proposed by Nixon ...

Wikipedia
Proposed by Russell B. Long and enacted in 1975, the EITC provides benefits to working recipients with earned income, but not to non-working recipients. The initially modest EITC has been expanded by tax legislation on a number of occasions, including the widely publicized Tax Reform Act of 1986, and was further expanded in 1990, 1993, 2001, and 2009, regardless of whether the act in general raised taxes (1990, 1993), lowered taxes (2001), or eliminated other deductions and credits (1986). In 1993, President Clinton tripled the EITC. Today, the EITC is one of the largest anti-poverty tools in the United States. Also, the EITC is mainly used to "promote and support work." Most income measures, including the poverty rate, do not account for the credit.

Trying to teach children Arithmetic seems to traumatize a lot of them. But teaching reading and writing should be a priority throughout school. Hardly any student graduate HS with the patience or skills to read a scientific paper, as we see demonstrated on a daily basis here.

Great actress (I know her btw) but her politics are a bit whacko left for me. and someone making money doesn't prevent someone else from doing the same.

When people say this I like to point out that despite the rising income inequality in the US the median household in the US has done better than any of our global major nation peers in the last 20 years. Look at the effective net household income in the US and compare it around the world.

For someone whose name suggests opposition to both parties, you miss some really obvious opportunities to criticize Republicans. Like "bribing the middle class with tax cuts is the only way REP's can get people to vote for them!"

The Earned Income Tax Credit (a handout for low earners) has had bipartisan support. Initially proposed by Nixon ...

Trying to teach children Arithmetic seems to traumatize a lot of them. But teaching reading and writing should be a priority throughout school. Hardly any student graduate HS with the patience or skills to read a scientific paper, as we see demonstrated on a daily basis here.

I think there is a major philosphical difference between taking someone's property and giving someone something.

I'm not sure why you would say this since the US has the most progressive tax code on the planet.
it's amusing you still repeat this lie after you have had it completely disproven lol.

it's amusing you still repeat this lie after you have had it completely disproven lol.

You can find dozens of articles on the topic. I am sure Washington Post, NY Times, Boston Globe, the OECD, and World Bank are all wrong, right?

Oh btw, the US system got more progressive after these articles were written too!

You can find dozens of articles on the topic. I am sure Washington Post, NY Times, Boston Globe, the OECD, and World Bank are all wrong, right?

Oh btw, the US system got more progressive after these articles were written too!
I have already disproven this in the other thread lol. We are not the most progressive tax system.

I have already disproven this in the other thread lol. We are not the most progressive tax system.

Random person on the internet or the OECD.....

Random person on the internet or the OECD.....
It's not some random person on the internet. I showed you the actual rates across different nations. We are not the most progressive. Nobody cares that you don't like that.

It's not some random person on the internet. I showed you the actual rates across different nations. We are not the most progressive. Nobody cares that you don't like that.

I am sure you did more thorough research than the OECD.

Like I said, random person on the internet or the OECD. Hell, even liberal outlets like WashPo, NYTimes, and Boston Globe say the same thing. They are all wrong though, you are the sole voice of reason in the darkness?

I am sure you did more thorough research than the OECD.
I showed you the rates across several countries. We aren't the most progressive. Sorry.
Like I said, random person on the internet or the OECD.
It's not a random person on the internet. It's the official tax rates across different nations. we are not the most progressive.
Hell, even liberal outlets like WashPo, NYTimes, and Boston Globe say the same thing. They are all wrong though, you are the sole voice of reason in the darkness?
no, I am not the sole voice of reason. I've simply disproven your claim that we are the most progressive nation. Nobody cares that you don't like that.

I showed you the rates across several countries. We aren't the most progressive. Sorry.

It's not a random person on the internet. It's the official tax rates across different nations. we are not the most progressive.

no, I am not the sole voice of reason. I've simply disproven your claim that we are the most progressive nation. Nobody cares that you don't like that.

Do you have more information or better at analyses than any the OECD?

Do you have more information or better at analyses than any the OECD?
I gave you the rates across different nations. We don't have the most progressive system. You've been shown that repeated across numerous threads.

I gave you the rates across different nations. We don't have the most progressive system. You've been shown that repeated across numerous threads.

Again, which is it? You have better data or better analysis than the OECD? What makes you think you are right and they are wrong.

our federal income tax system is. that is the point.

Again, which is it? You have better data or better analysis than the OECD? What makes you think you are right and they are wrong.
I'm not sure how many times I can answer this same question?

I'm not sure how many times I can answer this same question?

I think we all know the answer. OECD is right, you are wrong.

Have a nice one.

I think we all know the answer. OECD is right, you are wrong.

Have a nice one.
But as you are aware, I've shown you the rates across several nations with a more progressive tax system than we have. I'm sorry you don't like that. But nobody cares.

But as you are aware, I've shown you the rates across several nations with a more progressive tax system than we have. I'm sorry you don't like that. But nobody cares.

I am sure they would be happy to offer you employment, or at the very least a reward, having discovered such information

no it isnt
No major country sees its middle class and lower classes carry so little of the main national tax system's burden

I am sure they would be happy to offer you employment, or at the very least a reward, having discovered such information
I know it sucks that you keep repeating a claim that has been proven wrong, and you keep getting called on it. I'm sorry about that.

No major country sees its middle class and lower classes carry so little of the main national tax system's burden
the US is not the most progressive tax system.

the US is not the most progressive tax system.

Repeat your lies as much as you like, until you can explain why the OECD is wrong and you are right you are outta luck.

Back
Top Bottom