• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taxation Unfairness Must Stop!

Repeat your lies as much as you like, until you can explain why the OECD is wrong and you are right you are outta luck.
I have shown you the rates across numerous countries. We are not the most progressive system. It's not in any way debatable lol.

From what I've read, the US has "higher than average" progressivity on earned income rates. However, their rates are lower than most developed countries at various levels. Throw in the U.S.'s lower capital gain rate where the ultra-wealthy hang out to make it even more complicated. The world is all over the board on capital gains, as some peg it at PIT and others keep it lower to induce commerce and thus increased tax revenue.

Far, far too complex to make simple declarations.

Raise the minimum wage to raise tax revenue.

You wouldn't see a dime of real tax revenue increase unless you took the minimum wage to north of ~$25/hr if I had to wager.

From what I've read, the US has "higher than average" progressivity on earned income rates. However, their rates are lower than most developed countries at various levels. Throw in the U.S.'s lower capital gain rate where the ultra-wealthy hang out to make it even more complicated. The world is all over the board on capital gains, as some peg it at PIT and others keep it lower to induce commerce and thus increased tax revenue.

Far, far too complex to make simple declarations.

First, this is why I am pointing out global financial institutions analyses. OECD has done the math with data from all major nations and concluded we have the most progressive national tax code in the world.

Second, the US capital gains structure isn't all that favorable in a global comparison. Most EU nations have similar, if not worse, all-in investment income taxation policies.

Third, the way you actually measure progressivity of taxation is the relative burden of total taxation against total national income.

You wouldn't see a dime of real tax revenue increase unless you took the minimum wage to north of ~$25/hr if I had to wager.
We could solve simple poverty at the rock bottom cost of a form of minimum wage through unemployment compensation; hypothetically, at the equivalent of fifteen dollars an hour for simply being unemployed. Having no statutory minimum wage requirements imposed on the private sector should enable greater efficiencies and Labor could simply quit on an at-will basis if they could do better on unemployment than with an employer who only needs cheap Labor.

We could solve simple poverty at the rock bottom cost of a form of minimum wage through unemployment compensation; hypothetically, at the equivalent of fifteen dollars an hour for simply being unemployed. Having no statutory minimum wage requirements imposed on the private sector should enable greater efficiencies and Labor could simply quit on an at-will basis if they could do better on unemployment than with an employer who only needs cheap Labor.

Yea yea Dan. Everything you post around here has to do with you getting paid to stay home, we get it, you don't want to work.

Yes. It is about more efficient revenue generation via economics instead of bigotry.

It is far from bigotry to ask that people capable of supporting themselves do so. I find it appalling that you someone is ok with the idea of being a complete parasite on society at large.

It is far from bigotry to ask that people capable of supporting themselves do so. I find it appalling that you someone is ok with the idea of being a complete parasite on society at large.
It is about being legal to our at-will employment laws not your moral prejudice since our First Amendment must apply.

It is about being legal to our at-will employment laws not your moral prejudice since our First Amendment must apply.

No one is forcing you to work. There is no law requiring you to work. Nothing in our society, constitution, or legal framework entitles you to be cared and provided for by society because you are simply unwilling to work.

You are free to work, you are free to starve.

No one is forcing you to work. There is no law requiring you to work. Nothing in our society, constitution, or legal framework entitles you to be cared and provided for by society because you are simply unwilling to work.

You are free to work, you are free to starve.
Thus, good cause can not be required of the least wealthy even under our form of Capitalism for any public policy. Both our federal Congress and the States in their severalty are proscribed in any social power resulting in unequal application of the laws.

All laws of a general nature shall have uniform operation.

Thus, good cause can not be required of the least wealthy even under our form of Capitalism for any public policy. Both our federal Congress and the States in their severalty are proscribed in any social power resulting in unequal application of the laws.

Word salad.

<<< we need to start starving the tit sucklers.
No. "We" don't. What an inhumane and absurd thing to say ( and desire ) to do to fellow Americans. Intentionally starving Americans is "torture", by definition. What is wrong with you? Tell the board what good comes from starving anyone, much less our fellow American citizens?

No. "We" don't. What an inhumane and absurd thing to say ( and desire ) to do to fellow Americans. Intentionally starving Americans is "torture", by definition. What is wrong with you? Tell the board what good comes from starving anyone, much less our fellow American citizens?

So, it is your position that we should provide for those who are unwilling but able to provide for themselves?

So, it is your position that we should provide for those who are unwilling but able to provide for themselves?
Loaded question with 'your' words, not 'mine'. FAIL...

Loaded question with 'your' words, not 'mine'. FAIL...

I am honestly not sure why you think it was a loaded question. It was an honest assessment. It is my expectation that people do their best to provide for themselves. If they are unable, society can step in, if they *choose* not to, I don't care if they starve.

Defense spending today: U.S. Defense Spending Compared To Other Countries

Excerpt:

America would be better off with Much Lesser spending on "Defense" and more upon:
*Very low-cost Post-secondary education that prepares its people for the Brave New World of Services Industries that require high-level competence.
*National Healthcare for all at suitable prices assuring easy access to even the poorest Americans

Let's raise upper-income taxation by significantly larger amounts (above 70%). Whyzzat?

From here: America’s richest 400 families pay a lower tax rate than average taxpayer
None of your business - not your country.

How is paying folks not to work going to increase the tax base?

Look at all those homeless not circulating capital in a market friendly manner in our economy. Many small businesses could stay in business with more market participation.

Not without employees who, under your plan, would be paid to loaf (and spend) rather than work.

Back
Top Bottom