• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban Endorses Trump Re-Election Campaign, Hopes for Total US Troop Withdrawal from Afghanistan

So no matter who is president you want the USA to have our military there permanently? The Taliban has no plans to leave.
It is not about leaving Afghanistan, that is way overdue, it is how it is done. Just saying he will pull out all of them by Christmas and blind-siding the Pentagon is idiocy. Just a reminder, trump when elected said he wanted to get us out then promptly sent more troops there and has had almost four years to get us out and did nothing. This is nothing more than a lame attempt to get support for his re-election, if he were he would pull out no one. I would also add that he has also claimed he bring troops home, yet he hasn't done that he only moves troops around, but not moved home, he is scamming you again.

It is not about leaving Afghanistan, that is way overdue, it is how it is done. Just saying he will pull out all of them by Christmas and blind-siding the Pentagon is idiocy. Just a reminder, trump when elected said he wanted to get us out then promptly sent more troops there and has had almost four years to get us out and did nothing. This is nothing more than a lame attempt to get support for his re-election, if he were he would pull out no one. I would also add that he has also claimed he bring troops home, yet he hasn't done that he only moves troops around, but not moved home, he is scamming you again.
Strange you call it blindsiding. Trump has long stated we will get out of Afghanistan. How many more of our Troops must die before you want out of there?

JRed, the El Paso example is questionable, since the shooter's family were Filipino immigrants and the shooter openly hated Trump. but I could name as many or more examples of leftwing and/or black attacks on conservative and/or whites.

Off the top of my head, Michael Reinhoehl in Portland who killed the Trump supporter, the far left nuts who open fired at a GOP Congressional baseball practice almost killing Steve Scalise, the serious attack Rand Paul by another leftwing extremist. Then there the racist ones; the black man who killed two white Roanoke VA television station reporters because of their race, the black guy who killed three whites in Fresno. There are many more. Leftwing attacks outnumber the so-called white-supremacist attacks signficantly.

And I will repeat that pesky fact that blacks killed twice as many whites in 2018 as whites killed blacks.

The 2015 article was shown to highlight Iran's massive funding of terrorism under 0bama. The 2018 article showed how Trump dried up that support by decimating Iran's economy.
Follow along, dude.

Speaking of decimated: You in this thread.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)

Strange you call it blindsiding. Trump has long stated we will get out of Afghanistan. How many more of our Troops must die before you want out of there?
Thought you would know better, it is great to get out of there, but trump had not told the Pentagon to get it done, he simply made the off-handed comment that he wants them out by Christmas, which by the way is Not gonna happen. As with Any conflict you phase out in steps, or you put the troops at risk. You honestly can't believe he will pull us out by Christmas and if he loses in three weeks, count on him doing absolutely nothing, if you couldn't stop Believing before, stop for the next 30 days, trump will say anything he thinks will win the election and the majority will be false.

JRed, the El Paso example is questionable, since the shooter's family were Filipino immigrants and the shooter openly hated Trump.

No he didn't. https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/patrick-crusius-social-media-trump-twitter/

Leftwing attacks outnumber the so-called white-supremacist attacks signficantly.

That has not been true for many years now: https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

And I will repeat that pesky fact that blacks killed twice as many whites in 2018 as whites killed blacks.

This is a conversation about terrorist attacks, not murder rates.

It was officially founded in 1985, but the members were conducting terrorist attacks—such as the Beirut bombing— well before that year.

There is no consensus on this, and I prefer to err on the side of the lack of consensus when it comes to issues involving terrorism. Especially since allocation of blame and label is often highly determined by agenda. The agenda to label anything that opposes Israel as a terrorist organization is agenda-driven. The decision to label the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization is agenda-driven. The decision to NOT label Israel as engaging in terror when it targets civilians is agenda-driven.

But I accept your admission that the group is, in fact, a terrorist organization.

Such that the terrorist label has any real meaning.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/patrick-crusius-social-media-trump-twitter/
Crusius, the lone wolf kid who shot people in El Paso was critical of the right in his manifesto and said his views predate Trump. He said his actions had nothing to do with Trump, but that the leftwing media would incorrectly infer it. He was right.

That has not been true for many years now: https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states
It has been true for decades that black-white-homicides have more than doubled white-on-black homicides as show here: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers

This is a conversation about terrorist attacks, not murder rates.
We started out talking about Islamic terrorism, which I proved was signficantly down worldwide and in the US under Trump. Then we veered to white terrorism vs minority terrorism. Now we're talking about murders. We've talked about a lot of things.

Thought you would know better, it is great to get out of there, but trump had not told the Pentagon to get it done, he simply made the off-handed comment that he wants them out by Christmas, which by the way is Not gonna happen. As with Any conflict you phase out in steps, or you put the troops at risk. You honestly can't believe he will pull us out by Christmas and if he loses in three weeks, count on him doing absolutely nothing, if you couldn't stop Believing before, stop for the next 30 days, trump will say anything he thinks will win the election and the majority will be false.

Are you working at the Pentagon at the senior level who would be counted on for factual reports?

What is your senior officer level to tell us what it takes to remove from a conflict?

There is no consensus on this, and I prefer to err on the side of the lack of consensus when it comes to issues involving terrorism. Especially since allocation of blame and label is often highly determined by agenda. The agenda to label anything that opposes Israel as a terrorist organization is agenda-driven. The decision to label the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization is agenda-driven. The decision to NOT label Israel as engaging in terror when it targets civilians is agenda-driven.

Such that the terrorist label has any real meaning.

Again, Hezbollah has repeatedly directly targeted civilians with its “attacks”. The reluctance of some on the left to label any group which fights Israel as terrorists doesn’t change the facts.

The Revolutionary Guards absolutely engage in terrorist activity despite being a military unit.

Gee, when was the last time the Israeli government sent teams to blow up hundreds of Muslims several continents away? Never? Hmm... your comparison, therefore, doesn’t hold water.

Ah, and now we are onto “there’s no such thing as terrorists”.

Again, Hezbollah has repeatedly directly targeted civilians with its “attacks”.

So has Israel. Look up the term 'Cutting the Grass' with respect to Israel.

The reluctance of some on the left to label any group which fights Israel as terrorists doesn’t change the facts.

Last I checked, the UN Security council doesn't acknowledge that Hezbollah is a terrorist group.

The Revolutionary Guards absolutely engage in terrorist activity despite being a military unit.

How convenient.

Gee, when was the last time the Israeli government sent teams to blow up hundreds of Muslims several continents away?

No, they do it in their own backyard.

Ah, and now we are onto “there’s no such thing as terrorists”.

There are terrorists, but not everyone who engages in a conflict with Israel is a terrorist.

Are you working at the Pentagon at the senior level who would be counted on for factual reports?

What is your senior officer level to tell us what it takes to remove from a conflict?
8 years in the Military, 25 years working for the DOD, good enough for ya, been to the Pentagon more times than I can count. Ever been there?

We have no business in a country that
Trump is backing off to rile up support, not to save human lives because to him, support is greater than the lives of people living in Afghanistan

I'd rather 10 Afghanistani's die than 1 US serviceman receive a paper cut.

We don't belong there, and the people of the country will revert back to their stone aged ideology as soon as we are gone anyways.

We have no business in a country that

I'd rather 10 Afghanistani's die than 1 US serviceman receive a paper cut.

We don't belong there, and the people of the country will revert back to their stone aged ideology as soon as we are gone anyways.
So you're saying that the lives of one US serviceman is much more than the lives of many Afghanistani's?

Pretty weird way to say that you like it when the US left, so therefore, you like it when hundreds of innocent people from a foreign country end up dying and being wounded both physically and mentally.

Imagine if you were one of those innocent Afghanistani's who found out that someone would rather have you die than for someone from their country to get a paper cut.

So you're saying that the lives of one US serviceman is much more than the lives of many Afghanistani's?

Pretty weird way to say that you like it when the US left, so therefore, you like it when hundreds of innocent people from a foreign country end up dying and being wounded both physically and mentally.

Imagine if you were one of those innocent Afghanistani's who found out that someone would rather have you die than for someone from their country to get a paper cut.

People like you support dead Americans so you can feel good about yourself?

So has Israel. Look up the term 'Cutting the Grass' with respect to Israel.

Last I checked, the UN Security council doesn't acknowledge that Hezbollah is a terrorist group.

How convenient.

No, they do it in their own backyard.

There are terrorists, but not everyone who engages in a conflict with Israel is a terrorist.

So in other words a long list of whataboutisms to desperately try and avoid facing the fact that Hezbollah is a terrorist group.

The UN Security Council? Gee, you mean the organization which includes Russia, which is friendly to Iran and can be counted on to veto any “resolution“ which would expose the country or its own allies— like Hezbollah— to such actions? How convenient.

Nope, just a statement of what the Revolutionary Guards do.

But Hezbollah is a terrorist group, and no amount of “but...but...Israel“ changes that.

Did Israel ”cut the grass” by ordering mosques bombwd in Indonesia? No? Then there’s no comparison to Hezbollah‘s actions.

People like you support dead Americans so you can feel good about yourself?
I would rather have 1 US serviceman die whilst saving 10 Afghanistani's.

Nobod is superior, so stop acting like some are

Back
Top Bottom