• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban Endorses Trump Re-Election Campaign, Hopes for Total US Troop Withdrawal from Afghanistan

Did Israel ”cut the grass” by ordering mosques bombwd in Indonesia? No? Then there’s no comparison to Hezbollah‘s actions.

What does 'Cutting the Grass' means with respect to Israel?

What does 'Cutting the Grass' means with respect to Israel?

“But....but...but... Israel!”

Are you capable of admitting that deliberately targeting and murdering civilians on the opposite side of the globe on the basis on religion makes one a terrorist? Or just engage in more whataboutism?

It is not about leaving Afghanistan, that is way overdue, it is how it is done. Just saying he will pull out all of them by Christmas and blind-siding the Pentagon is idiocy. Just a reminder, trump when elected said he wanted to get us out then promptly sent more troops there and has had almost four years to get us out and did nothing. This is nothing more than a lame attempt to get support for his re-election, if he were he would pull out no one. I would also add that he has also claimed he bring troops home, yet he hasn't done that he only moves troops around, but not moved home, he is scamming you again.

Gen. Milley says no order exists to reduce US troop strength in Afghanistan to below the level of 4500. So while I agree scam is a good word, I'd go with bamboozle at this point in the campaign.

While Trump says now all of 'em and NSA O'Brien led that by saying 2500 troop strength remaining, there is no drawdown order to either. Only two officers of the government have the authority to issue an order to the armed forces, Potus and SecDef,, and neither has ordered troop strength to below 4500. So there are two civilians at the center of this but no balls are indicated.

Top General Declines to Endorse Trump’s Afghan Withdrawal Timeline

The comments from Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, came after the White House tripped over itself on the issue of Afghanistan troop levels in recent days.

merlin_174395136_22ae5fd8-a8b6-46ea-a729-b15db2467ef0-jumbo.jpg

Gen. Mark A. Milley sought to distance himself from embracing any strict timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops from Afghanistan. Formerly chief of staff of the Army, Milley commanded ISAF Joint Staff in Afghanistan and was CG Army Forces Command which determines deployments of troop strength, particular units and equipment consistent with the mission purpose and goal. Credit...Pool photo by Michael Reynolds

WASHINGTON — The nation’s top general declined on Sunday to endorse either of the sudden announcements on Afghan troop withdrawals that came out of the White House last week. With no warning to the Pentagon, Mr. O’Brien told an audience in Las Vegas on Wednesday that the United States would cut its troops in Afghanistan to 2,500 by early next year. That, by itself, raised eyebrows at the Defense Department, where officials said they were still operating under orders to reduce troop levels to 4,500.

But the president himself added to the confusion when he contradicted Mr. O’Brien hours later and suggested — via Twitter — a timeline as early as Christmas to bring all troops home. “We should have the small remaining number of our BRAVE Men and Women serving in Afghanistan home by Christmas!” Mr. Trump wrote. Defense Department officials were caught by surprise and, in his interview, General Milley appeared to give voice to the frustration with both the accelerated timeline and the conflicting messages. “I think that Robert O’Brien or anyone else can speculate as they see fit,” General Milley said. “I’m going to engage in the rigorous analysis of the situation based on the conditions and the plans that I am aware of and my conversations with the president.” General Milley, along with close to all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has been quarantining at home after the coronavirus outbreak that began at the White House two weeks ago.

Actually the JCS are self quarantining after the vice commandant of Coast Guard tested positive. Pentagon btw is very quietly testing everyone and his dog too.

As to NSA Robert O'Brien he wants to be SecDef and knows well Trump is very likely to dump Mark Esper in any second Trump term and that O'Brien being Trump's lapdog will almost surely move into the Pentagon where virtually everyone hates his guts. Esper the USMA grad got the Pentagon nick "Yesper" but Pentagon will take Esper any day over O'Brien (as we see from Milley's remark about "speculation" by O'Brien). Esper went into Trump's doghouse when he told Trump the Insurrection Act would not be enforced by the Pentagon if Trump went for it during Portland et al. Trump howled disloyalty and quit on the lunatic notion, unable to escalate the chaos and have the military behind him. Trump's never had the balls to fire a general either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom