• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sweeping new vaccine mandates for 100 million Americans

--

This is indeed, as my article claims, "Sweeping new vaccine mandates"!

I tried my best to capture the salient points in my quotes, above.

Biden's orders are broad, expansive, encompassing, and bold. I've been of two-minds on mandates, but am coming around to accept some mandates - as long as there's reasonable medical, religious, or testing exceptions.

It seems the private employment mandate allows for a 'testing' option, but the federal employment/contractor mandate does not! This last (no test option), causes me great concern.

I believe those who refuse to vaccinate, but are willing to take other reasonable measures like testing, masking, and social distancing - should have the opportunity to act in good faith without being forced to put a drug in their arm. At least at this point in time. I just can't quite get over my reticence to mandate an individual being forced to drug themselves, without allowing some other reasonable alternative to those willing to act in good faith.

In addition, I fear private employers may become emboldened by the federal 'no test vaccine mandate', believing the now have license to go to that extent with their private-citizen non-government employees. We've often seen administrative policy towards federal employees soon becomes adopted by private industry. As example, employee drug testing comes to mind - something I'm dead against.

Anyway, I usually don't get so personally opinionated in my MSN OP's - but as I said, I'm torn on this subject. We need to vaccinate & better address this Covid spread. We need to rake masks, sanitation, distance, and other mitigation more seriously. All, without doubt. And, that means most of us should get vaccinated. But man, I just can't cross the boundary to say 'vaccinate without any other recourse'.
This is about to get interesting. **** Biden is about to go to a whole new level.

I recall where people thought that quarantines would never happen in the US
Well we saw that and deaths are approx 675K

Daily death rate approaching 2K per day. Now as the weather changes, flu season, more people congregate indoors. How long till it hits 3K+ a day?

Fully vaccinated in many States are well below 60% 1st dose

The newer variant is running wild when mitigation was made available, a vaccine.
So out the door with trusting people to maintain common sense safety measures for Covid.
They refuse to be vaccinated for a variety of reasons and cannot be expected to practice Covid safety

The Govt has a contracted and legal responsibility towards employees and case law

Contractors are just that, contracted and must meet certain standards
Some Universities have mandatory vaccination, with a Religious/Medical exemption
They contract out a number of jobs. The marketplace has been out in front of the Govt on this

Companies that have a testing exception also have a firm end date for testing costs. After that date testing costs are borne by the employee.
Health care plans will raise premiums for those not vaccinated
I do not see a slew of court cases on this headed to SCOTUS

President Biden, made the correct decision

Is this a slippery slope? No as the market is also driving a mandatory vaccine mandate and well ahead of the Govt

In a deadly pandemic, measures will be taken that protect the public safety and that has been upheld by your Supreme Court
I guess it's worth a try but what bothers me is that we have conservatively twice the number of cases we had a year ago but we also have over 177 FULLY VACCINATED people. How do those numbers sync? We've done the isolation, and the masks and distancing - we've done the right things overall and yet the cases balloon.
What are we missing?

I recall where people thought that quarantines would never happen in the US
Well we saw that and deaths are approx 675K

Daily death rate approaching 2K per day. Now as the weather changes, flu season, more people congregate indoors. How long till it hits 3K+ a day?

Fully vaccinated in many States are well below 60% 1st dose

The newer variant is running wild when mitigation was made available, a vaccine.
So out the door with trusting people to maintain common sense safety measures for Covid.
They refuse to be vaccinated for a variety of reasons and cannot be expected to practice Covid safety

The Govt has a contracted and legal responsibility towards employees and case law

Contractors are just that, contracted and must meet certain standards
Some Universities have mandatory vaccination, with a Religious/Medical exemption
They contract out a number of jobs. The marketplace has been out in front of the Govt on this

Companies that have a testing exception also have a firm end date for testing costs. After that date testing costs are borne by the employee.
Health care plans will raise premiums for those not vaccinated
I do not see a slew of court cases on this headed to SCOTUS

President Biden, made the correct decision

Is this a slippery slope? No as the market is also driving a mandatory vaccine mandate and well ahead of the Govt

In a deadly pandemic, measures will be taken that protect the public safety and that has been upheld by your Supreme Court

Very well said. In other words, it's time to grow the **** up.

Didn’t the Biden administration say they didn’t have the authority to do this? I’d be curious to see what legal argument they have. It sounds like they’re doing something they know is unconstitutional in hopes that people will be forced to get the vaccination before the Supreme Court rules it down.
They are going through Osha to do it.

I guess it's worth a try but what bothers me is that we have conservatively twice the number of cases we had a year ago but we also have over 177 FULLY VACCINATED people. How do those numbers sync? We've done the isolation, and the masks and distancing - we've done the right things overall and yet the cases balloon.
What are we missing?

Vaccinated people still can get it, but they do much better. The world opening up and the unvaccinated and vaccinated alike going out into it.

--

This is indeed, as my article claims, "Sweeping new vaccine mandates"!

I tried my best to capture the salient points in my quotes, above.

Biden's orders are broad, expansive, encompassing, and bold. I've been of two-minds on mandates, but am coming around to accept some mandates - as long as there's reasonable medical, religious, or testing exceptions.

It seems the private employment mandate allows for a 'testing' option, but the federal employment/contractor mandate does not! This last (no test option), causes me great concern.

I believe those who refuse to vaccinate, but are willing to take other reasonable measures like testing, masking, and social distancing - should have the opportunity to act in good faith without being forced to put a drug in their arm. At least at this point in time. I just can't quite get over my reticence to mandate an individual being forced to drug themselves, without allowing some other reasonable alternative to those willing to act in good faith.

In addition, I fear private employers may become emboldened by the federal 'no test vaccine mandate', believing the now have license to go to that extent with their private-citizen non-government employees. We've often seen administrative policy towards federal employees soon becomes adopted by private industry. As example, employee drug testing comes to mind - something I'm dead against.

Anyway, I usually don't get so personally opinionated in my MSN OP's - but as I said, I'm torn on this subject. We need to vaccinate & better address this Covid spread. We need to rake masks, sanitation, distance, and other mitigation more seriously. All, without doubt. And, that means most of us should get vaccinated. But man, I just can't cross the boundary to say 'vaccinate without any other recourse'.
I'm fine with the testing option, but I want the employee to pay for the test, every single one. I'm tired of these people expecting to continue their foolishness with no consequences. The employers and taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill for their personal decisions.

What are we missing?
What changed is American exposure to a different variant. The vaccine is useless in terms of transmitting the Delta variant. But it does make someone less likely to die.

Vaccinated people still can get it, but they do much better. The world opening up and the unvaccinated and vaccinated alike going out into it.
The "break through" cases are still pretty rare as I understand.

Get the ****ing vaccine and live to bitch about it online. The dead can't own the libs.
but the dead can leave a widow and kids without a father.

I saw what the high level was, but I’d be curious to see what legal justification they have for it. My guess is that it’s thin.

Yet government requiring vaccinations is quite common. I have never heard that the legal justification for it is thin.

Mandates are only as good as the enforcement techniques & reporting network .
I did not see the speech, did president Biden give out a White House snitch number or website where we can report our employers for non-compliance , or spreading misinformation, as is democrat custom in imposing mandates ?
"
"Earlier this month, the White House unveiled a new section of its website called "Reality Check," which retails stale Obama talking points on healthcare and also included a SNITCH LINE for Obama supporters to inform the White House on opponents of Obamacare.
The obvious concern is that the new SNITCH LINE will enable the Obama administration to build an "enemies list," just as Richard Nixon did during his stay in the White House.
Obama's "snitch line" violates the federal privacy act"

Honestly my biggest concern with this is I simply feel that something this sweeping and wide spread should have to be passed as a law. Not by executive order.
While I agree that everyone who can, should get vaccinated but next time it may be something much less agreeable to. Our government was not set up with the president to have this much power.
One American should not have this much power. Even if it is the president.
The executive branch has been accumulating power for years, especially in the last decade as the Republicans sought to hamstring Obama in congress and now Biden. They should thought through if they didn't want an autocratic presidency. I have no sympathy.

It really bothers me. I don't want that to happen to anyone.
me either. but it's already happened.

tons of widows and tons of kids without fathers. and i'm sure tons of kids without mothers now too.

Back
Top Bottom