• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court says several gun cases deserve a new look

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Thursday that gun cases involving restrictions in Hawaii, California, New Jersey and Maryland deserve a new look following its major decision in a gun case last week. In light of last week's ruling — which said that Americans have a right to carry a gun outside the home — lower courts should take another look at several cases that had been awaiting action by the high court, the court said. Those cases include ones about high-capacity magazines, an assault weapons ban and a state law that limits who can carry a gun outside the home.

Very interesting.
Many states with such laws, or those states contemplating such laws may well find themselves scrambling to make changes if they wish to avoid arguing before the current SCOTUS, which has shown itself to be largely in favor of not treating the Second Amendment as a lesser Constitutional right.

Don't we already have enough angry leftists?

I wonder when they will have a serious meltdown.

Don't we already have enough angry leftists?

I wonder when they will have a serious meltdown.
I am infinitely more worried about the supreme courts grinding assault on civil rights and possible turnover of election conduction to the states. These gun control rulings aren't even a secondary concern at this point.

I am infinitely more worried about the supreme courts grinding assault on civil rights and possible turnover of election conduction to the states. These gun control rulings aren't even a secondary concern at this point.
Imo the EPA ruling today will kill more people than either the weapons or abortion rulings.

Imo the EPA ruling today will kill more people than either the weapons or abortion rulings.
Exactly. Like, I support more gun control don't get me wrong. But on the grand scheme of things they are causing far more damage in other areas right now that I'm more worried about.

What do you mean?

Do you think the special rights minorities have will be stripped away, so they have the same rights is white males, instead of better rights?

CO2 brings life. The earth would be a dead rock without CO2. This was a ruling on regulating greenhouse gasses.

How is this going to kill more people.

Please elaborate if you can.

Exactly. Like, I support more gun control don't get me wrong. But on the grand scheme of things they are causing far more damage in other areas right now that I'm more worried about.
Gun control is hitting your target.

Very interesting.
Many states with such laws, or those states contemplating such laws may well find themselves scrambling to make changes if they wish to avoid arguing before the current SCOTUS, which has shown itself to be largely in favor of not treating the Second Amendment as a lesser Constitutional right.

With respect:

Nice attempt to downplay the rogue conservative supreme court.

CO2 brings life. The earth would be a dead rock without CO2. This was a ruling on regulating greenhouse gasses.

How is this going to kill more people.

Please elaborate if you can.

Stupid comment.

Water also brings life, but if you submerge someone in it for an hour, they'll die. Don't believe me? Read your bible.

Don't worry. As a result of the abortion, gun control, and EPA rulings, the Democrats will win tons more seats in the House and Senate, and they'll be able to address it through legislation.

:ROFLMAO:

Looks like the Supreme Court wants to ensure the next lot of Republican supporters is better armed to deal with Congress on the next go round.

Yes, this comment or yours is.

Nothing intelligent to add I see.

High-quality discourse. Here's another awesome comeback for you to use when you get a chance (maybe a little advanced for you, but we all have room for growth):

1656637691310.png

Generally speaking; the leftists are seeking to suppress the Second Amendment because they plan to change the 2 A in such a way that the citizens will use the 2A against the suppressants,..

Don't worry. As a result of the abortion, gun control, and EPA rulings, the Democrats will win tons more seats in the House and Senate, and they'll be able to address it through legislation.

:ROFLMAO:
Nobody cares except the ones already voting democrat. Nobody changing their stripe over he court decision.

Nobody cares except the ones already voting democrat. Nobody changing their stripe over he court decision.

Not necessarily true, and lots of people didn't vote.

Back
Top Bottom