• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Marshal Asks Officials to End Protests at Justices’ Homes

A private security company and a mercenary company are two different things.
Please show the article that shows rittenhouse was a security guard.

Did he work for Wells Fargo or Securitas?

They aren't harassing, they are protesting.
In the end "it comes with the job"!

Famous actors and athletes deal with mobs called fans.

If any SCOTUS doesn't like the pressure from making life changing decisions, then go back to a small town district court.

Democrats didn't seem to care with protecting federal buildings during the BLM riots. They were too busy trying to bail out rioters causing it.

Some Democrats were, and I recall calling them out for it. Where were you on the 6th?

According to congress, quite a bit.

How is that support for the protestors?

Please show the article that shows rittenhouse was a security guard.

Did he work for Wells Fargo or Securitas?
Now you're trying to twist my words.

I said the Justices should help him start a security company, not that he already worked for one.

Now you're trying to twist my words.

I said the Justices should help him start a security company, not that he already worked for one.
Oh so you just want a judicial conflict of interest then.

If they're peaceful and doing nothing to disturb the peace they should have every right to express their disgust with what these 19th century morons have done to our country.

On a philosophical level I would agree, it is poor taste to be in front of someone's home intentionally making their family uncomfortable.

However on a legal and Constitutional basis, something Conservatives care about when convenient, I take issue with the idea of removing everyone over the acts of a few that should be arrested the moment they cross the line. Protesting is one thing, threatening is another.

The idea of association, gathering, and protesting is fundamental. Constitutional conservatives used to care for these things until they became who was protested, and all of a sudden the Christian Taliban decided there was a different barometer for what is and is not Constitutional.

I agree that protesting is fundamental to the Constitution. That doesn't mean it should be "anything goes," right? We have limitations on protesting including permits for some instances, laws prohibiting certain non-violent actions, etc. I don't see any reason why one of those legal limitations can't coincide with your philosophical point.

So, you going to comment on that link you tried to pass off as a right wing mob that was really another left wing mob?

New link presented. Didn't hear from you guys when the Right was going after Baker, Whitmer

The additional security spending was deemed necessary due to protestors.
That's not supporting the protestors.

You wanna support protestors set up some porta potties and a concession stand.

Yes, they are breaking the law. They are entitled to protest, but not at the justices homes.
Not much point in protesting if what they're protesting isn't anywhere around. That's a pretty good chunk of of how protests work, really.

Back
Top Bottom