• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Marshal Asks Officials to End Protests at Justices’ Homes

And just like that... all of a sudden Conservatives care about protecting their government, where were they on Jan 6th?

Do you care about protecting the justices?

Do you care about protecting the justices?

Of course, I am more interested in Conservatives all of a sudden being onboard.

OK, then why have any police present? How does one decide when your “if needed” applies? Apparently your idea is now after something (potentially?) violent happens. After all, the BLM riots were claimed to have been “mostly peaceful” protests.
I do not think police are needed. I think they need to permanently seal all but one door and arm the justice's housekeeper. They could also get everyone in the household those ballistic backpacks.

OK, then permits for protests deemed by such ‘experts’ to require additional security should be required with fees sufficient to cover those additional security costs.
Wups, that's a tax on your first amendment rights. No go.

Now, you get to demonstrate who is threatening them? (I.e. not protesting peacefully.)

Well, we already had one who was physically threatening.

I think screaming at people at their homes would make any reasonable person in the home (including children) feel threatened -- especially knowing that you're getting death threats. I don't think protests of any kind should be at people's homes.

I would be cool with that.

As long as it’s not abused and does not conflict with first amendment rights.
It instantly conflicts with first amendment rights.

This is also about spending additional public funds specifically deemed necessary to support the protestors.
What support do you think the protestors need?

Well, we already had one who was physically threatening.

I think screaming at people at their homes would make any reasonable person in the home (including children) feel threatened -- especially knowing that you're getting death threats. I don't think protests of any kind should be at people's homes.

On a philosophical level I would agree, it is poor taste to be in front of someone's home intentionally making their family uncomfortable.

However on a legal and Constitutional basis, something Conservatives care about when convenient, I take issue with the idea of removing everyone over the acts of a few that should be arrested the moment they cross the line. Protesting is one thing, threatening is another.

The idea of association, gathering, and protesting is fundamental. Constitutional conservatives used to care for these things until they became who was protested, and all of a sudden the Christian Taliban decided there was a different barometer for what is and is not Constitutional.

And just like that... all of a sudden Conservatives care about protecting their government, where were they on Jan 6th?

Democrats didn't seem to care with protecting federal buildings during the BLM riots. They were too busy trying to bail out rioters causing it.

LOL, these lowlife miscreants would flee in terror before the wake of an Alpha male like Rittenhouse!

The Justices should totally help Rittenhouse start up his own private security company that provides exclusive security for people targeted by leftist rage mobs.
A murdering, frightened, radicalized child?

LOL, these lowlife miscreants would flee in terror before the wake of an Alpha male like Rittenhouse!

The Justices should totally help Rittenhouse start up his own private security company that provides exclusive security for people targeted by leftist rage mobs.
So you would prefer militants to be protecting justice homes?

What support do you think the protestors need?

According to congress, quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom