• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court blocks vaccine mandate for large businesses

Those people should be free to make those decisions for themselves. Individual decisions on risk vs reward. Why do people like you insist that these personal medical decisions must be non consensual?

I am vaccinated and boosted; the decision was based on my risk vs reward scenario. But to compel for example a parent to have their young child vaccinated with something which is of little reward to the child, and with risks still unknown is down right evil. Why would you want that? What happened to their bodies their choice?

YOUR body is not more important to them than theirs is to them. You need to honor that.
Yes, but those people's decisions affect more than just themselves. As the old adage goes, your right to swing your fist ends at my nose.

Enough people are resisting vaccinations to negativity affect our ability to control this outbreak.

I already answered your questions, so there's no need to rehash it.
I am living proof that you don't prevent the disease with vaccinations. Mandates just take freedom away from people in the hope that it will prevent the disease, they don't

I am living proof that you don't prevent the disease with vaccinations. Mandates just take freedom away from people in the hope that it will prevent the disease, they don't
No you're not, because no one is saying it's 100%. That's your deflection because you cannot deal with the statistics.

We're talking about reducing the rate of spread and controlling stress on our healthcare infrastructure.

Except in this case non vaccinated people have no affect on you at all
Until they give me Covid. And since spread rates are higher in unvaccinated, they are far more likely to spread it to others. And since hospitalization rates are far higher in the unvaccinated, they are more likely to be putting unneeded stress on hospitals.

No you're not, because no one is saying it's 100%. That's your deflection because you cannot deal with the statistics.

We're talking about reducing the rate of spread and controlling stress on our healthcare infrastructure.
If it isn't 100% why would you support taking away individual freedoms? Seems people are seeing the 1.6% death to infection rate which is probably high as the deaths from Covid are reduced with audit thus refusing the vaccine with any unknown side effects. Again, if people don't get vaccinated how does that affect you?

All it takes is for one state to not have one.

Viruses don't actually care about state lines.

Oh, the drama.
Well durn, I thought viruses respected borders. Wait, never mind, this one actually came here from another country.
I guess now you want to have a global vaccine mandate. If you thought it was tough getting everyone in the US vaccinated, good luck with that one.

Until they give me Covid. And since spread rates are higher in unvaccinated, they are far more likely to spread it to others. And since hospitalization rates are far higher in the unvaccinated, they are more likely to be putting unneeded stress on hospitals.
How are they going to give you Covid if you are vaccinated? since vaccinations don't prevent covid you have no way of knowing where you got it or if a vaccinated person gave it to you

Have you given consideration to moving to another country where the gov't controls your actions and tells you what to do all the time? Guess freedom doesn't exist in a world where people need the gov't to be their parent. Rightwing SC? ROFLMAO!

As I posted, I am vaccinated and wear a mask, I just tested positive for Covid. Do you see me with irrational hysteria and trying to tell someone else what to put into their bodies? what happened to "your body, your choice?" What happened to liberals promoting individual freedoms apparently except those that go against the liberal ideology of massive control and making people dependent

i wasn’t taking to you at all. Nor did your personal response have anything to do with my post.

How are they going to give you Covid if you are vaccinated? since vaccinations don't prevent covid you have no way of knowing where you got it or if a vaccinated person gave it to you
As you said, you were vaccinated and now have Covid. So obviously there is a non-zero probability of breakthrough cases.

Again, this is a statistical system and the statistics matter. I know you like to deflect from that because you cannot address that, but virus spread is a statistical system.

i wasn’t taking to you at all. Nor did your personal response have anything to do with my post.
Since this is a public forum I responded. you want a private conversation take it private. My comments have everything to do with your posts and liberal narrative.

Well durn, I thought viruses respected borders. Wait, never mind, this one actually came here from another country.
I guess now you want to have a global vaccine mandate. If you thought it was tough getting everyone in the US vaccinated, good luck with that one.

They would have had a significant part of Americans refused to get vaccinated.

We would have had Omicorn.

But the ICU beds wouldn’t be full of the fools who refused to do so.

And people wouldn’t be passing it around like the flu, and then slowing everything down by not being able to work.

Thus the economic cost of the irresponsibility of the denialist minority.

As you said, you were vaccinated and now have Covid. So obviously there is a non-zero probability of breakthrough cases.

Again, this is a statistical system and the statistics matter. I know you like to deflect from that because you cannot address that, but virus spread is a statistical system.
Yep, so why take away an individual freedom when it isn't 100%? You keep saying statistics as if they are accurate, Covid statistics aren't accurate for underlying issues aren't consider, if someone has heart problems plus covid, Covid is the cause of death not the heart issues because hospitals get reimbursed for any Covid related death

Yep, so why take away an individual freedom when it isn't 100%? You keep saying statistics as if they are accurate, Covid statistics aren't accurate for underlying issues aren't consider, if someone has heart problems plus covid, Covid is the cause of death not the heart issues because hospitals get reimbursed for any Covid related death
Why should people be allowed to act recklessly endanger the health of others and make us all pay for it?

And people wouldn’t be passing it around like the flu, and then slowing everything down by not being able to work.

Hospitals are full of both vaccinated and non vaccinated individuals so blaming non vaccinated individuals is your attempt to control individuals and take away their freedom .Why do you care if someone else isn't vaccinated?

How are you being endangered by the non vaccinated
They are far more likely to get and this spread Covid. They end up in the ICUs at a higher rate and we pay for this

This has already been explained to you. You might try paying attention rather than just deflecting all the time.

They are far more likely to get and this spread Covid. They end up in the ICUs at a higher rate and we pay for this

This has already been explained to you. You might try paying attention rather than just deflecting all the time.
Personal opinion, but again how does that affect you? you are vaccinated, why does it bother you so much that others aren't? How are you paying for the ICU's

Personal opinion, but again how does that affect you? you are vaccinated, why does it bother you so much that others aren't?
It's been explained to you. Pay attention.

Yes, but those people's decisions affect more than just themselves. As the old adage goes, your right to swing your fist ends at my nose.
Just like the federal governments right to enact mandates ends with the Constitution.

The problem with your premise is that you don't know who could possibly be passing covid. If you are standing in a room and smell cigarette smoke, you can look around and find out who is smoking. The guilty party can be asked to leave or stop smoking. In the case of covid, you have no clue who might be passing along the virus. It could be someone who is vaccinated or unvaccinated, showing symptoms or not showing symptoms. If your concern is not becoming infected then you have the right to stay at home. We accept risk every day that we wake up. Decide how much you are willing to take and go live your life. Don't attempt to force what you believe to be the solution upon someone else.

How precious wanting people to believe you care about ICU's and others getting vaccinated. This is about keeping the liberal narrative alive and well and in power, not going to happen.

Oh by the way where did Omicron come from?

I think we will end it here. I am getting bored and annoyed by your overuse of nervous laughter, which you are employing in place of a coherent argument which you obviously lack.

Prolly best. I have no time for the willful ignorance of the donnie trump sycophant. Just not a real worthwhile cause IMO.

I know not what path OTHERS may choose Brandon.....but as for me:

I stand with President Biden & America!!

applause.gif

Back
Top Bottom