• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Super Doomsday

Just because for a particular time span, the federal debt wasn't reduced, doesn't indicate that there was no surplus. The federal debt isn't exactly the same thing as a deficit or surplus. There can be money in various government accounts, including agencies and the treasuries account with the fed. Think about it, is it possible for your personal budget to have a surplus, and still go deeper into debt? Absolutely, I can have extra money in my bank account, and obtain a loan - both at the same time!

I'm sorry, I am just going to have to go with the consensus on this, you cherry picking data doesn't prove anything. quite honestly, you sound like a conspiracy theorist on this issue.

History of Deficits and Surpluses In The United States

US Budget Deficit History

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/FYFSD/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals

CNN Fact Check: The last president to balance the budget – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/

Hell, even the Cato institute ADMITS that the budget was balanced, they just claim that Clinton didn't personally balance it. http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/no-bill-clinton-didnt-balance-budget

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-deficit-under-clinton/

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...buchanan/vern-buchanan-balanced-budgets-rare/

Even this right wing political hack site admits the budget was balanced: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/no-...alanced-federal-budget-40-years-no-republican

http://www.statista.com/statistics/...icit-of-the-us-governments-budget-since-2000/

http://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/0023_federal-deficit-surplus

You really have a passion for posting a book load of links none of which truly explain how Clinton had a surplus and still added 1.4 trillion to the debt nor does it really matter today as the topic is the Super Doomsday thread and Clinton has been out of office for 16 years. What you and others don't seem to understand is that the debt was 5.7 trillion when Clinton left office, 10.6 trillion when Bush left office, and 19 trillion today. Don't understand why the 19 trillion isn't an issue with you as you continue to want to promote the lie that Clinton had a surplus, one Treasury doesn't show.

Keep ignoring that the debt on the US is in two parts, Public and Inter-government Holdings and we pay debt service on the total debt not just public debt. With SS and Medicare funds being used the public debt is going to always look better than it is. With rising interest rates the total debt service is going to skyrocket and it is already the fourth largest budget item and that should concern all Americans.

You really have a passion for posting a book load of links none of which truly explain how Clinton had a surplus and still added 1.4 trillion to the debt nor does it really matter today as the topic is the Super Doomsday thread and Clinton has been out of office for 16 years. What you and others don't seem to understand is that the debt was 5.7 trillion when Clinton left office, 10.6 trillion when Bush left office, and 19 trillion today. Don't understand why the 19 trillion isn't an issue with you as you continue to want to promote the lie that Clinton had a surplus, one Treasury doesn't show.

Keep ignoring that the debt on the US is in two parts, Public and Inter-government Holdings and we pay debt service on the total debt not just public debt. With SS and Medicare funds being used the public debt is going to always look better than it is. With rising interest rates the total debt service is going to skyrocket and it is already the fourth largest budget item and that should concern all Americans.

Excess ss funds actually increases the debt. SS has to by law purchase treasuries, so additions to the ss trust fund INCREASE the federal debt.

But hey, at least I have a "passion". Most people are apathetic to this stuff.

Of course it was now you answer the question, is the bank account of the United States better off today under Obama than it was with Bush?

Way better off today under Obama, not even close. The deficit has gone down every year he has been in office.

10.15.15_0.jpg

Are you willing to admit that Clinton didn't have a Surplus?
For how we do the math, he had a surplus.

budgetsurplus68-2008.jpg

Pretty clear to see.

Yea, but conservatives are doing that common core math these days, so it's different to them.

Another interesting article about...what else, Donald Trump and the disaster that is about to befall the GOP.

The GOP's Super Doomsday

I have to admit. I've never before been this entertained by politics. This **** is a hoot.

yes it is entertaining the democrats continue to back a liar and criminal of Clinton. hmmm
I guess they are in just as a disaster as the GOP.

Way better off today under Obama, not even close. The deficit has gone down every year he has been in office.

10.15.15_0.jpg

budgetsurplus68-2008.jpg

Pretty clear to see.

LOL you charts are so cherry picked it isn't funny but that is typical.

LOL you charts are so cherry picked it isn't funny but that is typical.

They're the first ones to pop on the google search.

Paying back those IOU's has not eliminated the debt owed ?
That wasn't the question or the point, you conveniently forgot yer point again, yer point was that there were NOT surpluses to pay done those debts, but saying that they not completely eliminated is admission that they were, in point of fact, paid down in part, destroying a claim that the surpluses never happened.

Every 6 months you bring up this false argument, every time it gets knocked down, you forget it was knocked down, and you can back in with the same false argument later....wash rinse repeat.

There is a thing called bookmarks, try it.

maybe you should do a bit more research.

Why? The numbers match what I know to be true.

BN-EX456_narrro_G_20141008143250.jpg

These are hard numbers. And, as you can see, Obama has managed to do quite well...considering the pile of **** he was handed.

10.15.15_0.jpg

budgetsurplus68-2008.jpg

Pretty clear to see.

So tell me, do we pay debt service on the deficit or the debt? You just cannot seem to get it through your head Clinton added 1.4 trillion to the DEBT and the chart you show is out of context and doesn't show the SS and Medicare long term expenses that have to be serviced. Pretty clear to see that you ignore the true TOTAL data and focus strictly on Public Debt not the debt created by the use of SS and Medicare funds to make the public debt look better than it truly is.

It is the DEBT THAT MATTERS!!!!! Say it with me IT IS THE DEBT THAT MATTERS!!!!

It truly is staggering how people like you are taking victory lapse over Obama reducing the deficit but cannot point the Obama legislation that did that nor how does proposing a 4.1 trillion dollar budget show interest in lowering the deficit. Further in order to reduce the deficit to the level it is today still makes the deficit higher than any average deficit by any President in U.S. History. Such low expectations ignoring the trillion dollar deficits Obama had in 2009-2010-2011-2012

So tell me, do we pay debt service on the deficit or the debt? You just cannot seem to get it through your head Clinton added 1.4 trillion to the DEBT and the chart you show is out of context and doesn't show the SS and Medicare long term expenses that have to be serviced. Pretty clear to see that you ignore the true TOTAL data and focus strictly on Public Debt not the debt created by the use of SS and Medicare funds to make the public debt look better than it truly is.

It is the DEBT THAT MATTERS!!!!! Say it with me IT IS THE DEBT THAT MATTERS!!!!

It truly is staggering how people like you are taking victory lapse over Obama reducing the deficit but cannot point the Obama legislation that did that nor how does proposing a 4.1 trillion dollar budget show interest in lowering the deficit. Further in order to reduce the deficit to the level it is today still makes the deficit higher than any average deficit by any President in U.S. History. Such low expectations ignoring the trillion dollar deficits Obama had in 2009-2010-2011-2012

You can quibble all you want, but the bottom line is Clinton had much better control of his budget than all the Republican Presidents, including Ronald Reagan.

You can quibble all you want, but the bottom line is Clinton had much better control of his budget than all the Republican Presidents, including Ronald Reagan.

I am sure that is what you want to believe so tell me why did Clinton shutdown the govt. by not signing GOP Congressional spending bills? Was it because they GOP Spent more or less than Clinton wanted?

You seem to have a very selective outrage over deficits and debt ignoring that Obama proposed a 4.1 trillion dollar budget and posting charts out of context giving Obama credit for lowering the deficit. When you run trillion dollar deficits shouldn't there come a time when deficits decline and what legislation did Clinton and Obama propose that led to those deficit reductions? I await your answer

I am sure that is what you want to believe so tell me why did Clinton shutdown the govt. by not signing GOP Congressional spending bills? Was it because they GOP Spent more or less than Clinton wanted?

You seem to have a very selective outrage over deficits and debt ignoring that Obama proposed a 4.1 trillion dollar budget and posting charts out of context giving Obama credit for lowering the deficit. When you run trillion dollar deficits shouldn't there come a time when deficits decline and what legislation did Clinton and Obama propose that led to those deficit reductions? I await your answer

You should ask Bush-Cheney that question.

You should ask Bush-Cheney that question.

I am asking you because your claim is that Clinton had a surplus and had more of a concern for the books that anyone else. The answer is going to surprise you but then again you do what most liberals do, dodge, weave, and downright ignore.

Here is something else to think about

Debt by President

Reagan 1.7 trillion in 8 years
GHW Bush 1.4 trillion in 4 years
GW Bush 4.9 trillion in 8 years

Total 8.0 trillion in 20 years

Clinton 1.4 trillion in 8 years
Obama 8.4 trillion in 7 years

Total 9.8 trillion in 15 years

Now I understand liberals have problem with math but basic math says Republicans 8 trillion and Democrats 9.8 trillion in 15 years

Another interesting article about...what else, Donald Trump and the disaster that is about to befall the GOP.

The GOP's Super Doomsday

I have to admit. I've never before been this entertained by politics. This **** is a hoot.
More like reality TV with multiple dysfunctional personalities.

I think Justabubba start a political cartoon thread. The man has talent.

The GOP's Super Doomsday

Yep, nothing more hilarious than a party illin' over its own nominee.

Back
Top Bottom