• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Super Doomsday

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Another interesting article about...what else, Donald Trump and the disaster that is about to befall the GOP.

The GOP's Super Doomsday

...Enter Donald Trump.

By accident or instinct, he discovered that the party had served him up the perfect audience: modestly educated, low-information voters who feel betrayed by government and the social and financial elites. For such voters, Trump's castigation of Muslims, immigrants and free trade is an intoxicating political cocktail. Beyond that, his post-modern sans culottes don't much care what else he says; they just want their nativist would-be strongman to demolish the established order.

Thus, to their astonishment, Republicans have watched Trump build a cult of personality that transcends ideology or experience. His mindless bluster against his chosen foes fills his legions with a visceral pleasure. Such is their hatred of the establishment that they hear any critique of Trump as another condescending message from the despised elites. They follow Trump's abusive tweets with abusive tweets of their own, often filled with libelous virulence. They are impervious to reason, indifferent to policy, immune to fact. They don't want to think; they want to feel.

I have to admit. I've never before been this entertained by politics. This **** is a hoot.

I'll be glad when we can discuss just two candidates.

lol....man, this guy is good.

...as ever, Rubio's dependence on hysterical right-wing talking points was on full display, as when he pandered to the Sheldon Adelsons of the world by labeling Palestinians en masse as suicide bombers, making Trump sound almost statesmanlike. There was a brief, queasy moment where an awful thought presented itself: Would this lightweight be an even worse president than Donald Trump? Truly terrible to contemplate, and a measure of what the GOP establishment has come to.

As if to underscore this, since the debate Rubio has debuted a new political self, calling Trump an ignorant "con man," fair enough, while hurling insults worthy of the master himself -- including a suggestion of incontinence. In striving to derail Trump, Rubio has become Trump or, more accurately, The Apprentice.

I'll be glad when we can discuss just two candidates.

In case you hadn't notice, Present Moment Awareness would tell you there are only two can-di-dates.
Just look at the preponderance of hit threads against hrc and djt .

lol....man, this guy is good.

Rubio is a puppet. His handlers have decided that maybe he should be more like Trump. Problem is...we expect Trump to act that way. With Rubio, it just comes across like a jealous sibling who had his toys taken away from him.

Rubio is a puppet. His handlers have decided that maybe he should be more like Trump. Problem is...we expect Trump to act that way. With Rubio, it just comes across like a jealous sibling who had his toys taken away from him.

Rubio should have stuck to his original script: "I'm young; I'm bright; I'm the new Republican Party, and I'm conservative."

The Baby Donald routine he's been playing the past two weeks totally flopped. He was trounced yesterday.

lol, doomsday for the other candidates.

Rubio should have stuck to his original script: "I'm young; I'm bright; I'm the new Republican Party, and I'm conservative."

The Baby Donald routine he's been playing the past two weeks totally flopped. He was trounced yesterday.

Yeah, his campaign has basically been amateur hour.

It seems that in most states (starting with Iowa), the exit polls show that the late deciders went as a majority to Rubio. It's working.

Another interesting article about...what else, Donald Trump and the disaster that is about to befall the GOP.

The GOP's Super Doomsday

I have to admit. I've never before been this entertained by politics. This **** is a hoot.

If I could set aside my personal ethics and my vote mattered, I'd vote for the guy just to see so many heads explode.

If I could set aside my personal ethics and my vote mattered, I'd vote for the guy just to see so many heads explode.

The only candidate I consider remotely qualified for the job of President is John Kasich. I'll probably vote for him, if he is still in the race when my state votes. If he's gone...I guess I'll vote for HRC or Trump. I can't stand Cruz. And, Rubio has completely lost any credibility these past two weeks. Sanders is not even on the list of possibilities for me.

The only candidate I consider remotely qualified for the job of President is John Kasich. I'll probably vote for him, if he is still in the race when my state votes. If he's gone...I guess I'll vote for HRC or Trump. I can't stand Cruz and Rubio has completely lost any credibility these past two weeks. Sanders is not even on the list of possibilities for me.

Won't bother, my state will vote Trump.
Doubtful there will be anyone left and honestly I don't consider them worth my time.

We also know where Jeb!'s money and influence peddlers went. You think Rubio will be able to make decisions on his own if he's president? Nah. His backers and their contributions will make Rubio's decisions.. Oh well, what else is new?

Won't bother, my state will vote Trump.
Doubtful there will be anyone left and honestly I don't consider them worth my time.

Trust me. I'm feeling that way myself.

Hillary is probably up for the job, but she is so untrustworthy, I still do not see myself voting for her except maybe just to spite all the people who hate her and Obama. I figure that since she is actually just a third term for Obama, who I like but am not thrilled with, it can't hurt to put her in there. But, i may leave that decision to others.

Trump is fun. I love seeing him on the stage, and in the mix. I may vote for him in the primary if Kasich is out just to stop Cruz. But, I doubt I'll vote for him in the general. If it comes down to Trump or Hill with no good third choice, I'm leaning toward staying home.

Trust me. I'm feeling that way myself.

Hillary is probably up for the job, but she is so untrustworthy, I still do not see myself voting for her except maybe just to spite all the people who hate her and Obama. I figure that since she is actually just a third term for Obama, who I like but am not thrilled with, it can't hurt to put her in there. But, i may leave that decision to others.

Trump is fun. I love seeing him on the stage, and in the mix. I may vote for him in the primary if Kasich is out just to stop Cruz. But, I doubt I'll vote for him in the general. If it comes down to Trump or Hill with no good third choice, I'm leaning toward staying home.

Trump is just a troll the world option. :)

Trump is just a troll the world option. :)

Trump is great. I've never looked watched more than a few minutes of a GOP debate before. They used to be nothing more than canned speeches and rehearsed lines. Now, I look forward to them. I'm waiting for Trump and Cruz to throw down. It's must see TV.

Trump is great. I've never looked watched more than a few minutes of a GOP debate before. They used to be nothing more than canned speeches and rehearsed lines. Now, I look forward to them. I'm waiting for Trump and Cruz to throw down. It's must see TV.

I may watch the Trump vs. Hillary.
Comic gold.

Fox News and the media is pissing me off, coronating Trump already. He only won Virginia by 2.8 points, Arkansas by 2.2, and Vermont by 2.3. He lost Oklahoma, Texas, Alaska, and Minnesota. HE'S BLEEDING RIGHT NOW. It's winner take all for the states on the 15th. Two weeks could continue to degrade him.

Fox News and the media is pissing me off, coronating Trump already. He only won Virginia by 2.8 points, Arkansas by 2.2, and Vermont by 2.3. He lost Oklahoma, Texas, Alaska, and Minnesota. HE'S BLEEDING RIGHT NOW. It's winner take all for the states on the 15th. Two weeks could continue to degrade him.

Yeah, I agree. He's been wounded a bit. But, no one expected him to win in Texas, and OK is basically North Texas. Alaska probably never heard of this guy. And Minnesota is not exactly a GOP stronghold. So, who cares?

The only candidate I consider remotely qualified for the job of President is John Kasich. I'll probably vote for him, if he is still in the race when my state votes. If he's gone...I guess I'll vote for HRC or Trump. I can't stand Cruz. And, Rubio has completely lost any credibility these past two weeks. Sanders is not even on the list of possibilities for me.

Well said.

keep dreaming

i voted yesterday in loudoun county virginia

about as purple as a place can get

very high income, very astute people

there were a lot of rubio supporters....but there were more Trump people there than anyone

i was hoping Rubio would take Va....and that would lead to other victories.....he took northern virginia, but lost the southern part of the state BIG

we are on the Trump train whether we want to be or not

just a matter of time, and the number of states it will take now

Cruz shot his wad yesterday....he doesnt poll worth crap in the upcoming states

the only think missing is the fat lady singing

The GOP's Super Doomsday

What I am seeing here is a similar DNC marketing program with Donald Trump when the term Great Recession was created to hide the Obama performance and damage the Republican Party. The media and DNC are going to market this strategy to promote the fracturing of the GOP and appeal to the Low information voter who is going to ignore that for the past 7 years Hillary Clinton has a career of many assignments with little or no positive accomplishments. She is going to continue to ignore the Obama record, talking about making the country "whole" again. "Whole again" from what? Obama has had 7 years to unite the country and his lack of leadership skills, Hillary's lack of positive accomplishments has poisoned the well further.

The way to get beyond this is to get rid of Obama and Hillary and actually bring someone in from the outside. Trump, whether you like him or not, is from the outside, beholden to no one, a strong negotiator, and someone who has the experience that Hillary and Obama never had. It is time to make America great again and get those 95 million working age Americans back in the employment roles and off the entitlement mentality

keep dreaming

i voted yesterday in loudoun county virginia

about as purple as a place can get

very high income, very astute people

there were a lot of rubio supporters....but there were more Trump people there than anyone

i was hoping Rubio would take Va....and that would lead to other victories.....he took northern virginia, but lost the southern part of the state BIG

we are on the Trump train whether we want to be or not

just a matter of time, and the number of states it will take now

Cruz shot his wad yesterday....he doesnt poll worth crap in the upcoming states

the only think missing is the fat lady singing

Yep. Rubio is going to get trounced in Florida. He should get out now before he embarrasses himself and injures his chance in four years.

Back
Top Bottom