• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Super Doomsday

It is IRONIC that you bring up SS, since you should remember (but you don't) that I have shown you MANY times that the surpluses, by law, went into paying SSTF IOU's.

Would you explain to the group why there ever were SS IOU's and how many IOU's still exist?

One can only assume from your statement and your inability to post actual links that you are doing nothing more than spouting that typical leftwing hot air

The CBO numbers I posted show apples to apples comparisons. Bush I and Bush II ran deficits. Clinton had surpluses in his second term. You can twist and spin all you want, but apples are apples.

The CBO numbers I posted show apples to apples comparisons. Bush I and Bush II ran deficits. Clinton had surpluses in his second term. You can twist and spin all you want, but apples are apples.

We pay debt service on Treasury numbers and there are no Treasury numbers that show a Clinton surplus. If Clinton had a surplus you shouldn't have any problem showing them to us. I gave you the Treasury Links.

Since Treasury data doesn't support your claim maybe this article will explain it better than I have been able to do

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus |

Would you explain to the group why there ever were SS IOU's and how many IOU's still exist?
You mean, allow you to distract away from your never ending denial of the existence of the surpluses?

No, you know that they exist, you are reminded again that the surpluses paid them down, a statutory requirement.

Another interesting article about...what else, Donald Trump and the disaster that is about to befall the GOP.

The GOP's Super Doomsday

I have to admit. I've never before been this entertained by politics. This **** is a hoot.

It certainly for those with a deep dark humor and of fearless constitution.

Speaker Paul Ryan will pay a big price . :lamo:lamo

You mean, allow you to distract away from your never ending denial of the existence of the surpluses?

No, you know that they exist, you are reminded again that the surpluses paid them down, a statutory requirement.

And what surpluses would those be? Doesn't seem that Treasury agrees with you and since we pay debt service on Treasury data nothing you post to the contrary matters. It was a requirement as well that SS be put in a lock box but LBJ changed that, didn't he. Why were there IOU's in the first place?

Speaker Paul Ryan will pay a big price . :lamo:lamo

No, with 94 million Americans able to work but not working, 19 trillion in debt, your support of Clinton will cause the country to pay big time

And what surpluses would those be?
"The discrepancy between the two concepts of federal debt in these years occurred because of program surpluses and the rapid growth of reserves held by the various trust fund accounts, such as Social Security," said Brookings Institution economist Gary Burtless. Social Security surpluses don't go into a "lock box" but are instead invested in government bonds; the proceeds of these purchases go into the general treasury, and when the bonds mature, the treasury is obligated to pay back the Social Security trust both principal and interest.

"The growth of these surpluses meant the rest of the federal government did not have to issue as much debt to the public," Burtless said. "In fact, the federal government paid off more of its old debt than it issued new debt to the public. Therefore, net federal debt held by the public declined."

One can only assume from your statement and your inability to post actual links that you are doing nothing more than spouting that typical leftwing hot air

And which typical line are you spouting, Conservative ?

No, with 94 million Americans able to work but not working, 19 trillion in debt, your support of Clinton will cause the country to pay big time

How many of those 94 million are retired and still in K-12 ?

Right, Bush vs Gore I chose wisely, Bush
Right, Bush vs. Kerry I chose wisely Bush

Thanks for keep bringing that up and making me realize I made the right decision

Thank you for the disaster known as Bush/Cheney last decade .

"The discrepancy between the two concepts of federal debt in these years occurred because of program surpluses and the rapid growth of reserves held by the various trust fund accounts, such as Social Security," said Brookings Institution economist Gary Burtless. Social Security surpluses don't go into a "lock box" but are instead invested in government bonds; the proceeds of these purchases go into the general treasury, and when the bonds mature, the treasury is obligated to pay back the Social Security trust both principal and interest.

"The growth of these surpluses meant the rest of the federal government did not have to issue as much debt to the public," Burtless said. "In fact, the federal government paid off more of its old debt than it issued new debt to the public. Therefore, net federal debt held by the public declined."

Look you and divert all you want but the reality is that funds were put into SS as required by the SS law that were used for things other than SS and were replaced by IOU's that are still in existence today and SS is scheduled to run out of money but more importantly those IOU's have to be funded by cash that has to come from somewhere.

Now if you want to discuss SS start another thread but this thread is about the election and no one is going to divert from the 8.4 trillion dollars Obama has added to the debt which now exceeds our GDP and is over 19 trillion dollars. You can divert, distort but not change reality

Thank you for the disaster known as Bush/Cheney last decade .

That of course gave Obama the authority to put Bush spending and deficits/debt on steroids? Amazing how the liberal mind works

The typical leftwing lie about the Clinton surplus which Treasury does not show.

Are you able to post without winging the liberal/left-wing mantra as a cuss word ?

That of course gave Obama the authority to put Bush spending and deficits/debt on steroids? Amazing how the liberal mind works

Thank you for your service of setting the precedence.

Ryan/McConnell will derail the trump train .

The typical leftwing lie about the Clinton surplus which Treasury does not show.

Lie--left-wing--liberal--yer material is getting old, Conservative .

Fixed it for you.

Too bad you haven't fixed SS but happy it makes you feel good to fix it for me. Why are there trillions in IOU's in the SS Trust Fund? Paying back those IOU's has not eliminated the debt owed and why was SS and Medicare used for other items than for the retirees?

Are you able to post without winging the liberal/left-wing mantra as a cuss word ?

Would be happy to have anyone here show me using Treasury Data that Clinton ever had a surplus for any fiscal year he was in office?

Back
Top Bottom