• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State of The Union

Carleen

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Do you remember during Obama’s first state of the union address he made a statement and a republican yelled out “you lie”. Can you imagine if a dem or in this case more dems yelled out “you lie”. What do you think Trump would do?

“What would Trump do?”... probably go on a Twitter tirade.

Do you remember during Obama’s first state of the union address he made a statement and a republican yelled out “you lie”. Can you imagine if a dem or in this case more dems yelled out “you lie”. What do you think Trump would do?

Laugh at them and carry on.

But hey...given the state of rhetoric nowadays, nobody will care if some Congressman should be so rude. It happens every day.

But hey...given the state of rhetoric nowadays, nobody will care if some Congressman should be so rude. It happens every day.

That would be a first if he just laughed and carried on. This is the SOTU not an everyday event.

Honestly, he'd probably throw out a personal insult about how the person looks. He has never had a snappy, intelligent comebacks like Reagan.

No question about it. If a Democrat does that then Trump will have the secret service shoot them in the head and then deport their body, their family and their neighbors.

Out of curiosity, do you remember which of Obama's claims Wilson reacted to? I'll give you a hint. It was a comment about illegals getting healthcare under the ACA. Obama said "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false—the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally." which, when you get right down to it, was a lie.

While illegals are ineligible for marketplace insurance plans and subsidies they are covered under Medicaid expansion....which was Wilson's point.

No question about it. If a Democrat does that then Trump will have the secret service shoot them in the head and then deport their body, their family and their neighbors.

Out of curiosity, do you remember which of Obama's claims Wilson reacted to? I'll give you a hint. It was a comment about illegals getting healthcare under the ACA. Obama said "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false—the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally." which, when you get right down to it, was a lie.

While illegals are ineligible for marketplace insurance plans and subsidies they are covered under Medicaid expansion....which was Wilson's point.

Thank you. I couln’t remember exactly what the statement was other than it was about immigration. I was being lazy not to look it up. Kudos!

That was in response to obama claiming illegals would not be covered under our healthcare....as we all know, obama did lie about this along with other things. His architect Gruber admitted that they went to great lengths to keep the facts from the American people...because if memory serves me, we were too stupid to understand the truth.

That was in response to obama claiming illegals would not be covered under our healthcare....as we all know, obama did lie about this along with other things. His architect Gruber admitted that they went to great lengths to keep the facts from the American people...because if memory serves me, we were too stupid to understand the truth.

That is not what I am asking. What do you think Trump would do at the SOTU if someone yelled out “you lie”

Yeah we see how rude the president is each day. Lead by example right? Oh wait this is trump who can’t take responsibility for his actions and always blames someone else.

I'll wait until Stacey Abrams loser of the Georgia election who would be more suited for a weight watchers segment than
a presidential rebuttal. Where do the political parties get there untalented rebuttalists from. Lat year the Dems called on
the young Joe Kennedy with the famous family name who tanked badly, I never heard his name mentioned again.
The Republicans were just as inept with there Obama rebuttals.

I recall Marco Rubio who barely survived his water-drinking technique during his rebuttal of Obama.
Bobby Jindal’s rebuttal to Obama a decade ago was the first major stumbling block on his hoped
for rapid ascent through the GOP ranks.

The dems should have nominated ditzy OAC to give the rebuttal. She's spunky & spirited & she'd have the
Dems roaring with approval. Even the opposition would be interested and amused because if nothing else she
is interesting & amusing.

I'll wait until Stacey Abrams loser of the Georgia election who would be more suited for a weight watchers segment than
a presidential rebuttal. Where do the political parties get there untalented rebuttalists from. Lat year the Dems called on
the young Joe Kennedy the famous family name who tanked badly, I never heard his name mentioned again.
The Republicans were just as inept with there Obama rebuttals.

I recall Marco Rubio who barely survived his water-drinking technique during his rebuttal of Obama.
Bobby Jindal’s rebuttal to Obama a decade ago was the first major stumbling block on his hoped
for rapid ascent through the GOP ranks.

The dems should have nominated ditzy OAC to give the rebuttal. She's spunky & spirited & she'd have the
Dems roaring with approval. Even the opposition would be interested and amused because of nothing else she
is interesting & amusing.

How about answering the question. What do you think Trump would do?

I remember how the Libbos lost their marbles. Would you lose yoir marbles this time, too?

I remember how the Libbos lost their marbles. Would you lose yoir marbles this time, too?

How about answering the question. What would Trump do?

Disagree. Rush, Hannity and the Republican media idiots would pretend that "you lie" incident never happened and piss and moan about Democrats. And the lemmings would nod their heads in ecstacy.

How about answer my question?

I posted this to get responses to what Trump would say if a dem shouted out “you lie” If you don’t want to answer that then just move on. No problem.

I posted this to get responses to what Trump would say if a dem shouted out “you lie” If you don’t want to answer that then just move on. No problem.

I posted to get a response to what you would say if a dem shouted "you lie".

I posted to get a response to what you would say if a dem shouted "you lie".

That s not the question. I repeat what do you think Trump would say.

Here you go. Trump would act like an elephant being slightly annoyed by a swarm of flies!

Okay I am only looking for answers to my question.

Back
Top Bottom