• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sources: Federal agents raid powerful Chicago Ald. Ed Burke's City Hall office

Mueller's team of Democrats will attack every lawyer, business associate and financial institution that had anything to do with President Trump or his family to create such terror that no one will ever go near the Trump family again - in true Gestapo style.

I bet Trump wishes he had yielded to Mueller's demand that Trump give him special treatment on his Trump golf club membership. How stupid could Trump be to not understand that the head of the FBI gets anything and everything he wants for free because of infinite power and exemption from bribery laws.

Someone should send Mueller a Nazi SS general's uniform.

You can tell a person hasn't seen much of the world when they think folks would risk lifetime careers over golf club membership vendettas.

It is horrifying that somewhere in the world you actually say the exact same thing to people IRL with a straight face. Obviously, nobody has called you on it, because they either can't afford golf memberships, or aren't succesful enough to know how to get one. Seriously Joko, you're a nutbag.

Gig me mods.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

In Illinois politics, that is almost a given.

I’m guessing your knowledge of Illinois politics comes from Fox News.

So you know approximately nothing.

Burke is a special kind of corrupt. The kind that only the Feds can uncover.

In Illinois politics, that is almost a given.

Absolutely. An interesting stat was posted a few years back... a person is more likely to prison if they were elected Illinois Governor, than if they committed murder. (4 out of 7 governors had gone to prison, a greater percentage than the conviction rate for murder).

I’m guessing your knowledge of Illinois politics comes from Fox News.

So you know approximately nothing.

Burke is a special kind of corrupt. The kind that only the Feds can uncover.

Perhaps, this Chicago Tribune Article may change your mind concerning your knowledge of Illinois Politics.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...bama-decision-commutation-20161225-story.html

December 25, 2016, 7:05 PM / Chicago

Subject: Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D)

A couple of snippets follow (to get the whole story you can click and read the article in full)

Blagojevich's bid to trade an appointment to the Senate seat Obama vacated for campaign cash is regarded as one of the most shocking instances of corruption in U.S. history. A FBI recording notoriously captured a foul-mouthed Blagojevich gushing about how he could profit from an appointment to Obama's seat: "I've got this thing and it's f------ golden. And I'm just not giving it up for f------ nothing."

One connection between the politicians — an uncomfortable one for Obama — is that he and Blagojevich once shared the same fundraiser, Tony Rezko. Rezko was convicted in June 2008 of fraud, money laundering and bribery.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/chi-rezko-storygallery-storygallery.html

February 21, 2008, 5:15 PM

snippet

In 2008 a federal jury convicted developer Antoin "Tony" Rezko of corruption charges for trading his clout as a top adviser and fundraiser to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich. For background on the case, and related video and documents, scroll down this page.

Roseann:)

What's special about today?

Well, as was pointed out, it's the same day Cohen pleads guilty, and the same day that Deusche bank gets raided.

They can't do that. They've sold out. Massively large order went to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

They even used Amazon Prime and got them in two days.

Amazon doesn't allow Nazi stuff.

The list of contraband has been growing, and it will continue to grow as far as they eye can see.

This is how Dark ages roll.

Well, as was pointed out, it's the same day Cohen pleads guilty, and the same day that Deusche bank gets raided.

Um, OK. A lot of things can happen on the same day, especially when you take a scope of, well, the world... Chicago to Germany. Worth noting (again) that one of the events didn't even involve our country. Unless there's something more direct than 'on the same day' these seem to be pretty unrelated.

Um, OK. A lot of things can happen on the same day, especially when you take a scope of, well, the world... Chicago to Germany. Worth noting (again) that one of the events didn't even involve our country. Unless there's something more direct than 'on the same day' these seem to be pretty unrelated.

Yes, that is true. However, these are specific people/companies that have to do a lot with Trump finances.

source.gif

They can't do that. They've sold out. Massively large order went to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

They even used Amazon Prime and got them in two days.

they are handed out with tiki torches for right-wing marches these days it seems.

1). Rational anti-trumpers are few and far between.
2). Delusional people struggle with reality.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Like inventing and relying on conspiracy theories... *ahem* DEEEeeeep Sttttaaaaaate! :lol:

Deutsche Bank looks like they think it was tied to the Panama papers release.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...k-bonus-raid-is-nightmare-with-eyes-wide-open
Earlier this month, Deutsche Bank drew headlines for its alleged ties to a dirty money scandal at Danske Bank A/S. This week’s raid was triggered by accusations it didn’t report evidence of money-laundering contained in a batch of documents leaked to the media in 2016, known as Panama Papers. Deutsche Bank said it’s cooperating with authorities in that probe.

But not to worry, they are handing out $1.3B in bonuses this year to 5500 key employees, despite all the mounting legal woes. That's just how big finance rolls.

Yes, that is true. However, these are specific people/companies that have to do a lot with Trump finances.

Except that's not true. Burke owns a local firm hired to handle property tax appeals on a specific building -- they likely have thousands of clients, and the Trump organization likely hires a similar firm in each city where it operates. It was Burke's city council offices locked down. The other was a bank used by his organization, which is one of the largest in the world.

Again, that bank has millions of clients, and the Trump organization used many banks.

Except that's not true. Burke owns a local firm hired to handle property tax appeals on a specific building -- they likely have thousands of clients, and the Trump organization likely hires a similar firm in each city where it operates. It was Burke's city council offices locked down. The other was a bank used by his organization, which is one of the largest in the world.

Again, that bank has millions of clients, and the Trump organization used many banks.

Yet, all happening on the same day at Cohen pleading guilty.

Yet, all happening on the same day at Cohen pleading guilty.

Again, lots of stuff happens on the same day, especially if you are including the span of the globe. To claim a connection based on that is silly.

Again, lots of stuff happens on the same day, especially if you are including the span of the globe. To claim a connection based on that is silly.

To claim there can not be also is silly.

To claim there can not be also is silly.

No, seeing as there is no other real connection than they occurred on the same day... it's a pretty safe bet the events are unrelated. Let me know if you find a real connection.

No, seeing as there is no other real connection than they occurred on the same day... it's a pretty safe bet the events are unrelated. Let me know if you find a real connection.

We will see. (One of Trumps favorite expressions)

This much is true and Burke has probably has his big toe in corruption for 50 years. Odd though how he just so happens to get raided by the Feds on this day.:shock:

Well, as you say, HenryChinaski, Burke has been a part of the Chicago Democratic Party machine and has been for nearly five decades. And even if he were not a cog in one one of the most notoriously corrupt political establishments in the United States, i.e. the Chicago Democratic Party Machine, a man who spends nearly half-a-century embedded in a position of extreme power invites extreme corruption.

But since you are from Chitown, I'm sure you would not need some conservative Republican from California like me to tell you how the cow ate the cabbage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom