• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some thoughts on Easter

I do what I can to seek understanding. You seem to believe that engaging with sinners is, in itself, sinful. Am I incorrect in that understanding?
Yes, he ate with sinners but he did not take part in their sins, now, did he?

Yes, he ate with sinners but he did not take part in their sins, now, did he?
At what point did I suggest that he did or that other should take part in the sin?

At what point did I suggest that he did or that other should take part in the sin?
When you said it's ok to mix Christian beliefs with pagan practices, just as long as the message is still there...sounds a bit hypocritical, don't cha think?

When you said it's ok to mix Christian beliefs with pagan practices, just as long as the message is still there...sounds a bit hypocritical, don't cha think?
If I eat a meal with a pagan am I adopting pagan practices?

If I eat a meal with a pagan am I adopting pagan practices?

Stop playing coy...you are when you celebrate Easter and Christmas...

Stop playing coy...you are when you celebrate Easter and Christmas...
I see. What is it about the way I celebrate Christmas and Easter that makes you believe I'm engaging in a pagan ritual? If I celebrate the birth of Christ or His resurrection is that actually pagan?

I see. What is it about the way I celebrate Christmas and Easter that makes you believe I'm engaging in a pagan ritual? If I celebrate the birth of Christ or His resurrection is that actually pagan?
With pagan practices incorporated, yes it is...

With pagan practices incorporated, yes it is...
Alright. That's fine. You seem to be assuming a number of things about the way I celebrate but that's certainly your prerogative.

Christianity isn't a commodity to be sold. It's a gift to be given and passed among people. Those that treat Christianity like some kind of exclusive club, something to be held close to the chest and protected from those that question or deride the faith may want to reevaluate their thinking. The pagan can choose to accept the gift or choose to abandon it. Whatever the choice, the gift is still there and isn't the lest bit diminished merely because it isn't accepted.

Accept the gift huh? Haha.

Please, accept my gift:

7-tactics-car-salesman-dont-want-you-to-know-912x720.jpg

Are we all knowing and all seeing? Are we invisible?

Do you really think god has human emotions?
You tell me...

"Jehovah examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one;
He hates anyone who loves violence." Psalm 11:5

How often they rebelled against him in the wilderness
And made him feel hurt in the desert!
Again and again they put God to the test,
And they grieved the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:40,41

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." John 3:16

You tell me...

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." John 3:16

So he killed himself although gods can't be killed, then made himself alive again though he couldn't have been dead. It's an elaborate if transparent con trick

So he killed himself although gods can't be killed, then made himself alive again though he couldn't have been dead. It's an elaborate if transparent con trick
If you believe such lies, yes it is...I do not...

You tell me...

God must have hurt feelings all the time. Didn't know he was so human.

God must have hurt feelings all the time. Didn't know he was so human.
Human, no...but the fact is, man can and does hurt God but He is patient because He desires no one to be destroyed...

"Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Human, no...but the fact is, man can and does hurt God but He is patient because He desires no one to be destroyed...

"Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

So his feelings must be hurt all the time, as I said. Poor god.

All religions have a rebirth or renew or resurrection thing and that holiday occurs... big surprise... in the spring. The spring is when the Earth kinda comes back to life so it's kind of a renewal thing and, yes, every single religion does it.

So they all do it at the same time and for the same reasons. Can we all just accept that.

It's bat shit crazy, but whatever. Let people have their toys.
Recognize them for what they are...lies...then search for the truth if you dare...

Back
Top Bottom