• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Soldiers still waiting for armor reimbursements

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
LOL not really. Anyone can blow another persons head off with a gun.

You don't REALLY believe this, do you?

Training and ability make a TREMENDOUS difference on one's ability to hit a stationary target a range, to say nothing about what it does to your ability to hit a moving target at range.

That's hardly something 'anyone' can do.

I am a crack shot with high powered rifles,moving targets are next to impossible
but can be done

Canuck said:
I am a crack shot with high powered rifles,moving targets are next to impossible
but can be done

Uh-huh.

WHICH 'high-powered' rifles and what do you consider a 'crack shot'?

Be specific about the ammo you're using, as well.

GySgt said:
I didn't ignore it. I dismissed it. He did what every Preident did since Vietnam. He cut corners by hurting the military. He has since made ammends. FYI...when you see the operations in the Al-Anbar Province (area between Syria and Baghdad) and the fighting on TV...those are the Marines. The majority of the fighting is being conducted by Marines. The majority of the IED victims are the Army.

HA! The National Guard are as much military as you are.

You know what's amusing? A college brat thinking he can look down on a Marine that has spent his entire 13 yr 6m career in the infantry except for the last 11 months that he has had a "desk job", because he has spent the last 4 years on constant deployments that involved wars, humanitarian missions, and joint training operations with foreign militaries. What's amusing is a kid who has a bad day when his hair doesn't comb over correctly talking to a guy who's bad days have consisted of IED blasts. Fire fights are nothing. At least you know that's coming. What's amusing is a kid who is trying to preach the ways of the military to a guy that was fighting Islamic extremists in Somalia when he was back home in Elementary School. Now that's amusing.

It's funny how Cheney is called a liar until you can use something that furthers your bashing. Cheney gets reports from the Armed Forces. The Army is notorious for crying about everything. In the Army, there is dissent at every level. Unproffesionalism is not something that is hard to find. The words "I can't" is used often. How many Marine Generals do you see on TV passing off what they "think" about situations? How many Generals from the Army get on TV and all have different opinions and act as "doom bringers" as they are paving the way for their political futures? You don't find it odd that there was an armor issue, and now the Army has presented a list of things that "soldiers" buy on their own as if the Government has screwed up and people like you lump all of that into our standard issues? They are not in "dire" straights as you think. You're a fool. Things have been fixed in leaps and bounds as I have stated. Who the **** are you to argue with me and say that they haven't, because you heard misleading and innaccurate reports?

UpArmor (bad for the vehicles)
Flaks
SAPPI Plates
M16A4
Bayonet
K-Bar
Knit Cap
WileyX Tactical Eyewear
First Aid Kit (FAC)
Kevlar
ACOG System
Thigh Holsters
3 Point Slings
Digital Cammies
Boots
PRR (Personal Roll Radios)

This is what the basic "soldier" has gotten under Bush. I haven't even touched any technical gear that has been upgraded. Stop being ignorant. You have a habit of desperately hanging on to every scrap of thread as if you are "all knowing." You have a lot of growing up to do.

I double checked military.com and gunny is right on. Icant beleive you still remembered all that. And yes napoleon even though he is older than me has alot of maturing and growing up to do.

Typical of a Marine to be so arrogant. Just because you're a Marine doesn't make you more qualified to take a life than anyone else on the planet.

Yes he is. The marines are the only branch that get certified at sharp shooting from 1000yrds. Not to mention the Marine Recon(Ghosts) are some of the most feared fighting machines on planet earth.

So basically you're older than God. You're right..that is amusing.

In gunnys world he is god

Cheney knows better than to toss around the biggest scare tactic of them all when it isn't prooven or factual in any way. There was no intelligence sudgesting that Saddam had or could develop nukes.

Just like your fake intelligence of what or what not soldiers get issued, like you have any idea. Get of your sofa and see the world.

No you are the fool. The army was sent in with defective gas masks and chemical suits which have been known to be defective since the 90s. Sorry, I don't support telling the troops to patch a hole in a chemical suit with duct tape and I don't support giving them gas maks which were proven to be defective almost a decade ago. None of that 87 billion went to providing the troops with the equiptment they needed like it was supposed to

Yes it did. It went to the 2000pd boombs I supplied my jets with on the Enterprise. Not to mention the insurmountable amount of fire power that was unleashed in the major battle. Again get a clue of what your taking about or just simply learn about some things before you speak. I am tired of cleaning your rhetoric lies form the washington post or CNN. Get some knowledge fo what your talking about.

Cheney knows better than to toss around the biggest scare tactic of them all when it isn't prooven or factual in any way. There was no intelligence sudgesting that Saddam had or could develop nukes.

Just like your fake intelligence of what or what not soldiers get issued, like you have any idea. Get of your sofa and see the world.

I meant to put quotes around that in my earlier post.

GySgt said:
Now, you pit a squad of Marines with our weapons and training against a Platoon of Al-Queda with their weapons and training and who do you think will win?

Well they haven't been doing all that badly. After all, they did manage to allude the few the proud and the mornonic on September 11 and your buddies in the DOD. Al Qaeda utilizes weapons we don't and thats one reason why it is a stalemate.

Well they haven't been doing all that badly. After all, they did manage to allude the few the proud and the mornonic on September 11 and your buddies in the DOD. Al Qaeda utilizes weapons we don't and thats one reason why it is a stalemate.

I'm not even going to argue with a kid following along like a sheep for the typical college fad who has no understanding of warfare, gorilla tactics, or any kind of a grasp on whats been going on.

Well actually we knew about them before they attacked. It was our own gov officials who decided not to follow up on it. They arent even near a stalemate for we just destroyed nearly 70% of all their funding. Now al qaeda can only strike via bombs. Which is much more hard to hide in the US cause we are able to follow the money trail and the attainment of these chemicals.

GySgt said:
I'm not even going to argue with a kid following along like a sheep for the typical college fad who has no understanding of warfare, gorilla tactics, or any kind of a grasp on whats been going on.

God bless the cubicle right gy? :rofl Grow a pair.

SKILMATIC said:
Well actually we knew about them before they attacked. It was our own gov officials who decided not to follow up on it. They arent even near a stalemate for we just destroyed nearly 70% of all their funding. Now al qaeda can only strike via bombs. Which is much more hard to hide in the US cause we are able to follow the money trail and the attainment of these chemicals.

Which explains the 10 terrorist attacks on the U.S. the administration supposedly foiled and the several successful attacks in other countries. Yeah..doin a real great job :roll:

God bless the cubicle right gy? :rofl Grow a pair.

Bwahahahaha...said the ***** cowering behind his computer screen. What a child.

GySgt said:

Ha. Without people like me you'd still be living in caves, bashing people over the head with clubs, and grunting. You're a military wash out. Thats why you have a deskjob. I don't cower. Enjoy your cubicle. :rofl

Which explains the 10 terrorist attacks on the U.S. the administration supposedly foiled and the several successful attacks in other countries. Yeah..doin a real great job :roll:

The rest of the world isn't our problem. You really do have an "I hate the military" inferiority complex don't you? It's OK. Don't feel threatened, because you have yet to be a part of this world and are still trying to find your manhood. :3oops:

GySgt said:

Let me tell this spic of life something. He wouldnt even dare to fight for what he beleives in. He would still be sitting at his computer screen(pending if they had computers back then) when the germans invade america. Me and gunny on the other hand would be using guerilla warfare to oust the germans so that napoleon can continue to stab the very peope in the back who provide that blanket of freedom.

GySgt said:
The rest of the world isn't our problem. You really do have an "I hate the military" inferiority complex don't you? It's OK. Don't feel threatened, because you have yet to be a part of this world and are still trying to find your manhood. :3oops:

Oh I found my manhood a long time ago ;) I don't think I can say the same for you. Again, enjoy your deskjob, wash out. I don't feel threatened at all. The military is a rather primitive organization as it stands wielded by men with IQs lower than that of a jar of mayonaisse.

Ha. Without people like me you'd still be living in caves, bashing people over the head with clubs, and grunting. You're a military wash out. Thats why you have a deskjob. I don't cower. Enjoy your cubicle. :rofl

A wash out? This pretty much proves that you have been embarrased and hurt enough and you are lashing out on what you think is going to bother me.

Incidentally, I'm slated for Afghanistan in April. I'm at ahigher HQ, because we all get breaks after constant deploying. ...and yes, when a child sits behind his computer and throws out rediculous insults and petty comments....he is cowering. I'd love to meet you.

Oh I found my manhood a long time ago ;) I don't think I can say the same for you. Again, enjoy your deskjob, wash out. I don't feel threatened at all. The military is a rather primitive organization as it stands wielded by men with IQs lower than that of a jar of mayonaisse.

I'm one year out from my BA. How close are you, son?

Now the truth comes out. You say in other threads you support the troops yet you say this? I knew it all this nonsense is crap. The liberals never had a excuse to begin with. All you hate the military anyway. And I knew that. Your lucky this isnt the 1800's or else you would be arressted and hanged for sedition you cigar smokescreen red diaper doper baby scum. You are truly lucky there is the ACLU to protect you and the rest of the mental disorders that woud harbor such speech.

It becomes more apparent by the day that there is truly a 5th column within our borders.

GySgt said:
I'm one year out from my BA. How close are you, son?

You're 33 and you don't even have your BA yet?! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl What exactly is this BA in? Basketweaving perhaps?

SKILMATIC said:
Let me tell this spic of life something. He wouldnt even dare to fight for what he beleives in. He would still be sitting at his computer screen(pending if they had computers back then) when the germans invade america. Me and gunny on the other hand would be using guerilla warfare to oust the germans so that napoleon can continue to stab the very peope in the back who provide that blanket of freedom.

What do you expect from a girl with the name "napoleon nightingale". He is a typical ignorant college civilian trying to play in a man's world and has fallen short enough times on this site. Away from the Internet, he must be a joke.

GySgt said:
A wash out? This pretty much proves that you have been embarrased and hurt enough and you are lashing out on what you think is going to bother me.

Incidentally, I'm slated for Afghanistan in April. I'm at ahigher HQ, because we all get breaks after constant deploying. ...and yes, when a child sits behind his computer and throws out rediculous insults and petty comments....he is cowering. I'd love to meet you.

when you get there listen to the canadians ,they are the real professionals there.
the natl gaurd are just boys in comparison they are good at paint ball but cant be expected to measure up
pull up your socks and fly right for once

SKILMATIC said:
Now the truth comes out. You say in other threads you support the troops yet you say this? I knew it all this nonsense is crap. The liberals never had a excuse to begin with. All you hate the military anyway. And I knew that. Your lucky this isnt the 1800's or else you would be arressted and hanged for sedition you cigar smokescreen red diaper doper baby scum. You are truly lucky there is the ACLU to protect you and the rest of the mental disorders that woud harbor such speech.

Boo hoo hoo. I care about the troops..I just find the military itself inferior to the intellectual powerhouse that keeps the troops alive.

You're 33 and you don't even have your BA yet?! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl What exactly is this BA in? Basketweaving perhaps?

A BA in Science in Occupational and Technical Studies and an MA in History.

You see, when I retire from the Marine Corps in 6 years, I will be able to say that I am ready to start my new career as a History teacher or a high paying job within the DOD as a civilian contractor in Communications. I will be able to say I served while I truley earned it.

You, however, will be able to look back and say that my mommy and daddy put me in College where I hung out and partied and got a degree for nothing.

There is a difference between being handed a degree and earning it during the times between serving one's country.

Back
Top Bottom