• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention..

Re: So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention

I may be mistaken, but my sense is that Sal disapproves of military service and thinks the Palins should have strongly discouraged their son's enlisting.

I feel like they should have strongly discouraged their son's assault of his girlfriend.

Re: So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention

I disapprove of the "need" for military service and the pride some people feel sending their kid off to war

I know that many won't understand that subtle distinction but I don't need them to

Well, pretty soon we'll send robots. So, there is that.

I thought it was bizarre that Sarah Palin - one of Trump's rare supporters - was not invited to speak at the convention since Trump obviously doesnt have a whole lot of high profile names to talk (Scott Baio? Come on).

The official excuse Trump used was that he asked her, but she lives 'really far away'. I knew that excuse was ridiculous, so I went to the Google. 0.1142 seconds later - I got this. Classic.

So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention...
Good job investigating.

Two thoughts -

First Sarah Palin is a complete bimbo and Trump is better off distancing from her - who would listen to Sarah Palin.

Next - although I think Sarah is an idiot -- I do feel for her that all her children seem to be in constant trouble of some sort. She might need to tend the home fires a bit.

I was making fun of Trump, and Sarah Palin, not her son.

Anyone with actual Common Sense could see that.

But nice poutrage tho.

Nice try but you got caught!

Actions speak louder than words. Your actions defy common sense. Making fun of anybody for any reason is a sign of intellectual poverty.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Once your child is an adult there is little control you have over them.

I have friends whose one child became a physician and the other child went to prison. Was not a broken home and both kids had the same upbringing.

I do get tired of using the PTSD excuse anytime someone flies off the handle. A lot of returning soldiers who have PTSD are not hot heads but rather suffer alone in their own depression.

I disapprove of the "need" for military service and the pride some people feel sending their kid off to war

I know that many won't understand that subtle distinction but I don't need them to

You're right; I don't see the "subtle distinction." You can oppose the military and service in it and still be very proud of your kid for making the decision for him or herself to join.

I feel like they should have strongly discouraged their son's assault of his girlfriend.

I don't know where Todd Palin was, perhaps with his wife. She was in Iowa, I believe. (She endorsed Trump the next day.)

You're right; I don't see the "subtle distinction." You can oppose the military and service in it and still be very proud of your kid for making the decision for him or herself to join.

as long as you question why your kid would need to make that decision I could get behind you to a degree

my other thought for you personally is that you are pro-military and in your head, it stops there

would that be correct?

Well, pretty soon we'll send robots. So, there is that.

well that would be an improvement for our kids in the west

then of course there would be a need to question the integrity of those controlling the robots

we are a violent species

in many cases it is a necessity

in others it is merely our capitalistic greed and that I can't support

Really? A young adult making a life decision about his or her future? A parent having a little pride in seeing there sons and daughters committing to something much bigger than themselves?

If it were not for volunteers, you, or your kid would be drafted anyways regardless what the courts say.

There is no subtle distinction in your disapproval..

I thought it was bizarre that Sarah Palin - one of Trump's rare supporters - was not invited to speak at the convention since Trump obviously doesnt have a whole lot of high profile names to talk (Scott Baio? Come on).

The official excuse Trump used was that he asked her, but she lives 'really far away'. I knew that excuse was ridiculous, so I went to the Google. 0.1142 seconds later - I got this. Class

So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention...

Does any of this matter?

Really? A young adult making a life decision about his or her future? A parent having a little pride in seeing there sons and daughters committing to something much bigger than themselves?

If it were not for volunteers, you, or your kid would be drafted anyways regardless what the courts say.

Keyboard Commandos are SO brave and heroic. I'm sure we will be able to count on them to defend us from our enemies. When the **** hits the fan, they'll come charging up out of their basements, tattoos shining, piercings gleaming and guns ablazin'....just like the reincarnation of John Rambo.

yes there is, when violence becomes your world there is nothing beyond it

welcome to the world you know

it is not mine

as long as you question why your kid would need to make that decision I could get behind you to a degree

my other thought for you personally is that you are pro-military and in your head, it stops there

would that be correct?

Why "need"? Why not "want"?

With your "you are pro-military and in your head, it stops there," you're insinuating that I'm an unthinking, knee-jerking idiot.

I'd say that more than anything, I'm pro being as supportive of my adult children's life decisions as I can be. They haven't always done what I would have wished them to do, but part of being the parent of adult kids is accepting that they aren't you and that they don't have to do as you say anymore. ;)

Why "need"? Why not "want"?

With your "you are pro-military and in your head, it stops there," you're insinuating that I'm an unthinking, knee-jerking idiot.

I'd say that more than anything, I'm pro being as supportive of my adult children's life decisions as I can be. They haven't always done what I would have wished them to do, but part of being the parent of adult kids is accepting that they aren't you and that they don't have to do as you say anymore. ;)

you are NOT Sarah Palin and that was what generated this whole discussion

are you a fan?

do you speak for her because she is a public figure and as such open to scrutiny

are you saying you support her public persona?

Stating that I am not Sarah Palin is a stupid non sequitur. And you’re now asking really stupid and intrusive questions that are irrelevant to the current discussion.

yes there is, when violence becomes your world there is nothing beyond it

welcome to the world you know

it is not mine

It's not about violence........................... it's about deterring it.

Back
Top Bottom