• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, Obama is not after our guns?

another bit of idiocy and a straw man. Its not about taking guns we already have.
Read the thread title. Please answer my question.

"How this is going after your guns, when you never had them in the first place and could only purchase them because of the government in the first place?"

Read the thread title. Please answer my question.

"How this is going after your guns, when you never had them in the first place and could only purchase them because of the government in the first place?"

1) those weapons rightfully belong to american citizens

2) this thread is about the idiocy of Obama-sorry, you didn't start the thread and your strawman arguments will not be accepted to change the thread

3) what rational argument can be made for preventing american citizens from buying guns that belong to us in the first place?

why don't you cut all the evasive crap and just tell us what we already know-you have a serious problem with American citizens buying and owning firearms

Intelligent people understand that a president who would be so stupid as to obstruct a money raising scheme that allows citizens to buy firearms has to be hostile to people owning guns

his actions in this matter clearly demonstrate his attitude towards gun ownership

if his argument is that these guns MIGHT END UP IN CRIMINAL HANDS

only a moron would not understand that the same argument is equally applicable to us buying guns from other sources

1) those weapons rightfully belong to american citizens
No they don't. They were sold to foreign countries. The American citizen paid for them initially and the government recouped the money by selling them off. They do not belong to you.

2) this thread is about the idiocy of Obama
And you accuse me of a straw man. :roll:

-sorry, you didn't start the thread and your strawman arguments will not be accepted to change the thread
I'm simply replying to the topic of the thread, which is the position taken that these two executive actions are Obama going after our/your guns. The only person trying to reframe the debate here is you. Don't blame me that I do not allow you to shift the debate to some place it was not originally stated.

3) what rational argument can be made for preventing american citizens from buying guns that belong to us in the first place?
The fact they don't belong to Americans, they belong to foreign governments. This executive order says the government will deny requests of private entities from purchasing the guns from the foreign government and bringing them back to America to sell.

why don't you cut all the evasive crap
An amusing statement from someone who STILL won't answer my simple question. I'll give it to you again, that way I can laugh as you dance around it once more.

Last edited:
Sold? LOL, if so at massive discounts. we gave the KOREANS massive amounts of arms.

I never said it was going after our guns. I said it showed a hostility to us owning guns

why do you engage in such childish and dishonest straw men?

my criticism of the turd in the white house is that on this issue he is obstructing our ability to obtain valuable collector grade firearms

he is costing our government money

and he is demonstrating he hates gun ownership

why do you spend so much time engaging in evasive nonsense

Has anyone seen Slyfox proffer a sound argument for the Obama scheme?

its amazing how many questions he asked and how few he tries to honestly answer

Last edited:
I also wonder why it takes him so long to respond to a point.

Sold? LOL, if so at massive discounts. we gave the KOREANS massive amounts of arms.
Fine, sold or donated. Either way, possession does not belong to the American citizen. Way to focus on the irrelevant portion.

I never said it was going after our guns.
Ahh, but the thread title clearly does. So when I asked you how it does, I'm asking you to directly discuss the thread topic.

why do you engage in such childish and dishonest straw men?
Says the person who is whining about having to answer a question directly related to the thread topic. :roll:

my criticism of the turd in the white house is that on this issue he is obstructing our ability to obtain valuable collector grade firearms
Actually, he's not. He's obstructing the ability of private entities from purchasing guns from foreign government and importing them into this country. It's a subtle difference and one I'm sure you have no interest in understanding.

he is costing our government money
No he's not.

why do you spend so much time engaging in evasive nonsense
Again, says the person who is whining about having to answer a question directly related to the thread topic. In fact, you still have not answered my question definitively. Feel free to say "these executive actions are not going after our guns", if you'd like, I would accept that as an answer as well. Here's the question again, if you do not remember it.

By the way, please do learn what a "straw man" argument is, you clearly have no idea.
I also wonder why it takes him so long to respond to a point.
Because I do things other than camp out in the gun control forum to pounce on other posters with words I don't understand the meanings of? You should try it some time.

Last edited:
I can see a dearth of relevance above.

why are you so opposed to people being able to buy stuff that is legal to own in this country

can you fashion support for obama's position

Your dishonesty in not understanding that I have answered your moronic question is patent

I can see a dearth of relevance above.
Ahh, I see you, once again, did not respond and instead have opted for empty rhetoric. It seems as if it's the only thing you rely on anymore.

why are you so opposed to people being able to buy stuff that is legal to own in this country
Why are you so opposed to answering my question? I'll ask you again.

can you fashion support for obama's position
I don't have to, I'm attacking the position these executive orders are going after our/your guns. The debate in this thread, as set forth by the thread of the topic, is "Obama is not after our guns?". That's what I'm arguing. Will you ever quit trying to bring in irrelevant material to the discussion?

Your dishonesty in not understanding that I have answered your moronic question is patent
No, you have not answered the question, and I find it hilarious you think a question directly related to the topic of the thread is moronic. Saying that you did not say this was going after guns is not an answer to my question, it is an answer to a question I did not ask. Please answer my question.

Your constant avoidance of answering what is really a simple question is quite telling at how ridiculous you know you've been in this thread. I have proven you wrong every step of the way, although you should be quite used to it from me by now. It's a simple question and I have already told you answering with "It is not going after our guns" is an acceptable response.

So, please, answer my simple question. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
why should I answer again a moronic question when you have yet to

1) bother to understand that I already answered your stupid question at least twice

2) and you wont' answer the obvious one

I said that Obama's actions are not going after guns we OWN

its preventing us from buying guns we should be able to buy

and it shows a hostility to people buying and owning guns

now having answered your idiotic question yet again tell me why americans should not be able to buy guns that we paid for with our taxes and are available for sale while the same stuff is legal to own in the USA

your posts are among the most dishonest and evasive I have ever seen here

Here is one of my previous answers to the irrelevant question

another bit of idiocy and a straw man. Its not about taking guns we already have. Its about dishonestly and improperly obstructing americans being able to obtain guns they should have access to

Primarily 2 rifles. The M1A and M1. A very small number of 22LR training rifles.

This action only negatively impacts honest law abiding people, not criminals or gangs. So how does this make us a safer country as obama claims?

Okay, so then can we both agree these executive orders are within the power of the government (not that you've claimed it's not, just clarifying). Furthermore, would you now agree my use of the word "normally" was not inaccurate, since it appears the only way many of these weapons can be purchased are through this program, either directly or indirectly?

Considering the CMP program traces its roots back to 1903, I somehow doubt that. :)

[/FONT]http://www.odcmp.co/about_us.htm

I admit I don't know much about the program, just merely what I've read there and elsewhere.

Not really. For example, it could mean that with the massive proliferation of firearms in the country over the last several decades, it's no longer necessary for the government to keep allowing private companies to import weapons from foreign countries. Or, better yet, it could mean our training methods have improved vastly over the years, to go along with the advances in gun technology.

I've answered many questions. But before I can answer this one, I'd like to know specifically what guns are re-imported into this country by private entities. Obviously certain guns valued by collectors seem to be on the list, but what other firearms are on the list? If you could provide me a complete list of firearms which have been re-imported (apparently since 2005, there have been 250,000), I could answer this question in a much more knowledgeable fashion. I have looked for a complete list, but have been unable to find one.

Primarily 2 rifles. The M1A and M1. A very small number of 22LR training rifles.

This action only negatively impacts honest law abiding people, not criminals or gangs. So how does this make us a safer country as obama claims?

are you getting the same feeling I have had for a while. Slyfox doesn't like Americans being able to buy guns,

Yeah no matter who they are or for any reason it seems.

its amazing how evasive the anti gun posters tend to be on this forum. if you oppose people being able to buy these guns you must necessarily oppose the same americans being able to buy other guns

why should I answer again a moronic question when you have yet to
A question directly related to the thread is not a moronic question.

2) and you wont' answer the obvious one

I said that Obama's actions are not going after guns we own
So then you agree the premise of this thread is wrong, correct? This is not about going after guns.

I'm glad we can finally agree on something. And it's good to see you understand these actions were not about Obama going after guns.

its preventing us from buying guns we should be able to buy
As I said before, no it is not. It is preventing private entities from importing guns purchased from foreign governments.

now having answered your idiotic question
A question directly related to the thread is not moronic, no matter how many times you throw the insult around.

yet again tell me why americans should not be able to buy guns that we paid for with our taxes and are available for sale while the same stuff is legal to own in the USA
Who says you cannot? This executive action certainly doesn't.

This executive action says the government will deny requests of private entities to import guns into this country which previously belonged to foreign governments.

your posts are among the most dishonest and evasive I have ever seen here
Says the person who thinks a question directly related to the thread is a straw man. Then again, I think it's pretty clear you didn't even know what that term meant, so maybe I'll cut you some slack on this.
Here is one of my previous answers to the irrelevant question
My apologies, I suppose I missed it when I was busy laughing at you for your lack of understanding of fallacies, as well as the irony in you accusing me of engaging in a straw man fallacy for asking an on-topic question while simultaneously trying to divert the thread to a completely different topic.

But fair enough, you did answer.

This action only negatively impacts honest law abiding people
No, it impacts the "private entities" who want to purchase the guns from foreign governments and import them here.

So how does this make us a safer country as obama claims?
You would have to ask him for his reasoning, all I can do is post the words directly related to it:

When the United States provides military firearms to its allies, either as direct commercial sales or through the foreign military sales or military assistance programs, those firearms may not be imported back into the United States without U.S. government approval. Since 2005, the U.S. Government has authorized requests to reimport more than 250,000 of these firearms.

Today, the Administration is announcing a new policy of denying requests to bring military-grade firearms back into the United States to private entities, with only a few exceptions such as for museums. This new policy will help keep military-grade firearms off our streets.

As I said before, my main focus in this thread is pointing out the fact claiming this is about Obama going after our/your guns is false.

are you getting the same feeling I have had for a while. Slyfox doesn't like Americans being able to buy guns,
The feeling I get is you hate the fact I constantly prove you wrong. I've already shared with you exactly how I feel about gun control, so for you to continue going around telling your lies is indicative of your obsession on this topic. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone more obsessed with an inanimate object than you. You use words you clearly don't understand the meaning of and then just go around casting blanket insults at everyone who dares to present logic and facts in the face of your illogical empty rhetoric.

As I said to another poster, I find you completely useless to talk to in any discussion, but certainly any discussion on guns. Your lack of knowledge on so many things is simply astounding, and you falsely believe the fact you know names of guns and how to shoot them have anything to do with 95% of what we discuss. It's people like you who ruin quality discussion on gun control, like I've had with a couple different posters in this thread.

an example of quantity being a poor substitute for quality

You have been constantly dishonest and evasive.

You are completely ignorant about gun topics and your posts teem with dishonesty.

Huh. I see Obama stimulating the economy by preventing the importation of existing firearms. Thus, firearm companies have to make new ones, thus keeping their jobs and stimulating the supply chain.

Oh wait. I forgot. Obama is evil and responsible for everything bad that has ever happened. Bubonic Plague? Obama. Vlad the Impaler? Obama.

that's rather silly. no one can produce collector grade garlands.

its like making modern samurai swords and passing them off as originals

an example of quantity being a poor substitute for quality

You have been constantly dishonest and evasive.

You are completely ignorant about gun topics and your posts teem with dishonesty.
And once more, you avoid real discussion and instead post empty rhetoric and insults. The fact is these executive orders have nothing to do with going after guns. You already have agreed.

And once more, you avoid real discussion and instead post empty rhetoric and insults. The fact is these executive orders have nothing to do with going after guns. You already have agreed.

more idiocy. you sort of admitted that you were unable to see my first answer to your silly question.

very silly.

bottom line-if you oppose honest people buying guns, you oppose honest people buying guns

end of story

Back
Top Bottom