• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, now we know - it was Paul Ryan

Do you ever apply your intelligence and common sense or always reply on mindless Trumpophobia. Rhetorical question, the answer is obvious.

It's a good point though. Why didn't Trump make it a priority when his party was in control?

Since there was no "emergency" before the Democrats won control of the House, I think we can see what the "emergency" is.

Actually they could have used reconciliation as they did with the tax cuts and passed it with 51 votes in senate. They didnt need a single dem vote. Not a single one. For two years. And Donald screwed that up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ayup!

They had a lock on it.

A Speaker Pelosi and a Senate leader Schumer wouldn't have failed to "git er done".

It's a good point though. Why didn't Trump make it a priority when his party was in control?

Since there was no "emergency" before the Democrats won control of the House, I think we can see what the "emergency" is.
His party being "in control" depends on strong leaders in the Senate and House. He had neither. And a whopping one seat majority in the Senate with flopadoddle Republicans like Flake, Collins and McCain ISN'T "control". As I recall we had no "caravans back then either that help constitute the emergency.

You attack me rather than address the points i made. You didnt even address one point. Are you under the impression that attacking me makes you right?

Mindless blather and repetitive talking points don't comprise "points". Make points I'll address them; spew LW blather I'll call it that.

Mindless blather and repetitive talking points don't comprise "points". Make points I'll address them; spew LW blather I'll call it that.

"Trump had 2 years with republican control and never made a push for a wall. It's his fault if he didn't get one."

"OMGurd! Mindless blather!"

Do you honestly think no one sees your reluctance to address anything and everything? I don't blame you. It's impossible to defend the idiot in the whitehouse. You should just admit that much before you go around attacking everybody.

"Trump had 2 years with republican control and never made a push for a wall. It's his fault if he didn't get one."

"OMGurd! Mindless blather!"

Do you honestly think no one sees your reluctance to address anything and everything? I don't blame you. It's impossible to defend the idiot in the whitehouse. You should just admit that much before you go around attacking everybody.
I address everything that is rational and logical. I've addressed the "Trump's party controlled congress for two years blather at least twenty times". THIS FRIGGIN' thread is all about that. Hello!

I address everything that is rational and logical. I've addressed the "Trump's party controlled congress for two years blather at least twenty times". THIS FRIGGIN' thread is all about that. Hello!

You've addressed it inadequately. In reality, the way you should have addressed it is "yea, Trump really ****ed up on that one. He should have actually put some effort in to building the wall."

If the greatest deal maker ever to be elected can't get 5B in funds for the main project that he ran on without needing a single democratic vote, then that's 100% on him. That's like saying "we lost the football game because the other team didn't fumble the ball and let us score." It's laughable. You should be embarrassed that you are using such piss poor arguments.

You've addressed it inadequately. In reality, the way you should have addressed it is "yea, Trump really ****ed up on that one. He should have actually put some effort in to building the wall."

If the greatest deal maker ever to be elected can't get 5B in funds for the main project that he ran on without needing a single democratic vote, then that's 100% on him. That's like saying "we lost the football game because the other team didn't fumble the ball and let us score." It's laughable. You should be embarrassed that you are using such piss poor arguments.
No matter how many times you spew the same idiotic trash it's not going to get any truer. And it's actually MORE like saying "we lost the football game because our offensive line laid down when the ball was snapped" I don't know how many more different ways I have to tell you. Ryan promised to get the funding, then didn't do it. Trump can do nothing if a funding bill doesn't reach his desk and no bill was even introduced.

No matter how many times you spew the same idiotic trash it's not going to get any truer. And it's actually MORE like saying "we lost the football game because our offensive line laid down when the ball was snapped" I don't know how many more different ways I have to tell you. Ryan promised to get the funding, then didn't do it. Trump can do nothing if a funding bill doesn't reach his desk and no bill was even introduced.

He sat there like a lifeless dick for 2 years waiting on others to give him his wall. If it meant anything he'd have pushed for it. 2 years. If this were something that he never ran and couldn't care about then it's perfectly fine to say "it never showed up on my desk so i never signed it". But this isn't' the case. The fact that you even think that this excuse is something that a president should trot out shows how low of a bar you have for this president. There are kids in highschool and college who would get chided on a group project if they had turned it in with a chunk of it missing and tried to blame it on the fact that Kenny didn't finish his part but told everyone that he would. This is the POTUS dude. President of the United States. He has the bully pulpit wherever and whenever he wants. He held dozens of rally's and lead hundreds of chants of "build the wall". And his excuse for not getting it built after 2 years of republican government is that someone else didn't do it for him? Good god the bar is so low it's on the ground. Do you think obama sat around and one day a healthcare law just showed up on his desk? If you listen to Trump, this is a national emergency. This is a national crisis. You could be drugged and raped and murdered on your way home from work tonight by an illegal that got here cause there wasn't a wall. But in 2 years he never thought to give Ryan a phone call and give him a deadline or even have a meeting as to when he might get his wall funding?

You should be embarrassed using such a piss poor excuse for the president. You should expect nothing but wide open, ill-concealed laughter when using such a silly defense - such a childish defense for what is supposed to be the leader of the free world. I'm just an engineer at a firm and I couldn't even use the "well Todd told me he'd get it to me and I trusted him but it's been 2 years and I never heard back from him" excuse without my boss flipping out. Nor would I allow myself, as flawed and imperfect as I am, to use such an excuse to defend myself. And I would hope that if I ever had a moment weak enough to begrudgingly attempt to use such an excuse that the people I call loved ones would remind me that I should have more respect for myself than to use such a cowardly excuse to skirt my personal responsibilities.

He sat there like a lifeless dick for 2 years waiting on others to give him his wall. If it meant anything he'd have pushed for it. 2 years. If this were something that he never ran and couldn't care about then it's perfectly fine to say "it never showed up on my desk so i never signed it". But this isn't' the case. The fact that you even think that this excuse is something that a president should trot out shows how low of a bar you have for this president. There are kids in highschool and college who would get chided on a group project if they had turned it in with a chunk of it missing and tried to blame it on the fact that Kenny didn't finish his part but told everyone that he would. This is the POTUS dude. President of the United States. He has the bully pulpit wherever and whenever he wants. He held dozens of rally's and lead hundreds of chants of "build the wall". And his excuse for not getting it built after 2 years of republican government is that someone else didn't do it for him? Good god the bar is so low it's on the ground. Do you think obama sat around and one day a healthcare law just showed up on his desk? If you listen to Trump, this is a national emergency. This is a national crisis. You could be drugged and raped and murdered on your way home from work tonight by an illegal that got here cause there wasn't a wall. But in 2 years he never thought to give Ryan a phone call and give him a deadline or even have a meeting as to when he might get his wall funding?

You should be embarrassed using such a piss poor excuse for the president. You should expect nothing but wide open, ill-concealed laughter when using such a silly defense - such a childish defense for what is supposed to be the leader of the free world. I'm just an engineer at a firm and I couldn't even use the "well Todd told me he'd get it to me and I trusted him but it's been 2 years and I never heard back from him" excuse without my boss flipping out. Nor would I allow myself, as flawed and imperfect as I am, to use such an excuse to defend myself. And I would hope that if I ever had a moment weak enough to begrudgingly attempt to use such an excuse that the people I call loved ones would remind me that I should have more respect for myself than to use such a cowardly excuse to skirt my personal responsibilities.
Yaaaaawwwwnnnnnn.

But you've ignored that Trump's own budget requested $1.6 billion for the Wall, then blame Ryan and McConnell for not giving him $7 billion, which he didn't get around to formally requesting until after he'd shut the government down - two weeks later.

And why use is a President if their leadership qualities are so anemic that they can't get a friendly House to fund a measly $6 billion of a HUGE priority of that President?

Interesting - could it be because Trump never actually requested that funding bill?

6. All federal courts will restrict their rulings to the existing law and Constitution. The court can rule a law is unconstitutional or incompatible with other existing laws with their reasons for the ruling, but it is up to the legislative body that passed it to then change the law. An unelected, unaccountable judge would not be allowed to make any law, negate any law, make any changes in any law. The issue would be clearly publicized, along with arguments as to why a court was likely wrong, so we the people could hold those we elected accountable to follow the Constitution. Congress or any other legislative body would not be able to use the federal courts to absolve them of their responsibility.

This idea seems to be a common one with people who disagree with the courts decisions. When the courts decide in their favor, these voices seem to be silent. The courts are there as co-equal branches of government. They alone have the power to interpret and enforce the law, the constitution and act as a check on the other two branches. If you took that power from them, they would no longer be co-equal. In fact, they would be subservient to the other branches making the court harmless and meaningless as it pertains to the constitution. I suggest you read up on Marshall and Marbury before making further claims to this effect. As for being held accountable to the constitution, who exactly gets to say what is constitutional in your new scheme? Congress? POTUS? Do you really think this bunch of Congress people are better judges of the law and precedent then a judge? This is beyond preposterous.

His party being "in control" depends on strong leaders in the Senate and House. He had neither. And a whopping one seat majority in the Senate with flopadoddle Republicans like Flake, Collins and McCain ISN'T "control". As I recall we had no "caravans back then either that help constitute the emergency.

So it wasn't an emergency when Trump proposed it? No illegal immigrants came in groups before?

Mindless blather is what you usually contribute.

And a whopping one seat majority in the Senate with flopadoddle Republicans like Flake, Collins and McCain ISN'T "control".

If only he knew someone who was a master negotiator. Like a really good businessman that could go in and cut through the bs. If only.

But you've ignored that Trump's own budget requested $1.6 billion for the Wall, then blame Ryan and McConnell for not giving him $7 billion, which he didn't get around to formally requesting until after he'd shut the government down - two weeks later.

And why use is a President if their leadership qualities are so anemic that they can't get a friendly House to fund a measly $6 billion of a HUGE priority of that President?
LOL, when all else fails blame it on Trump. You're as predictable as sunrise.

Did you read the clip in the OP?

Yes. Trump: "The buck never stops on THIS desk! It's always someone else's fault!"

Did you read Trump's budget request?

LOL, when all else fails blame it on Trump. You're as predictable as sunrise.

Well, when a Republican POTUS with something like 90% approval with Republican voters can't get a measly $6B spending request, through his own party, in the House, on his signature issue, in two years, and has to rely on Nancy Pelosi to fund his stupid wall, I think it's fair to lay the blame on the incompetent moron sitting in the WH.

Trump: "The buck stops =========================>!"

Well, when a Republican POTUS with something like 90% approval with Republican voters can't get a measly $6B spending request, through his own party, in the House, on his signature issue, in two years, and has to rely on Nancy Pelosi to fund his stupid wall, I think it's fair to lay the blame on the incompetent moron sitting in the WH.

Trump: "The buck stops =========================>!"
Keep going, I'm enjoying how many different ways you can slice and dice the same old bull ****.

Numerous comments on DP have asked why the GOP didn't seek border wall funding when they had full control of congress. Turns out Trump wanted it in the 2017 Omnibus Spending Bill but Speaker Paul Ryan talked him out of it in favor of increased military spend and promised Trump he'd get the funding through by other means. Of course as soon as he announced he was retiring he had no power to actually do it. Source

We knew that this was partially the problem. Though I must admit it was pretty shocking to see him go with so much in the works.

Many of us are just hoping the democrats are going to get this stick out of their rears pretty soon and try to work with the rest of congress.

Keep going, I'm enjoying how many different ways you can slice and dice the same old bull ****.

It's also fun seeing Trump rear end kissing in real life. Trump says it's Ryan's fault, and the followers say, "Of course it is, Dear Leader is never wrong! RYAN YOU SUCK!"

Back
Top Bottom