• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shouldn't we Assess the Value of Life Before we Riot and Punish Police?

• Total voters
And in some.places doing what the police tell you to do ends with no one ever seeing you again.

Until such time as police culture is addressed I do not accept the premise that one should obey and then deal with it through "proper channels".

Because it is well established that it won't be dealt with through the proper channels. It's hard to get the forms to file a complaint in many places. And absent multiple videos virtually every shoot is declared "good". Every accusation of misbehavior dismissed internally.

I think we need to address the culture of the under class. With the underclass the stereotype is a description of the way things are. I do not want police forces to hire social workers to become policemen. I want them to hire men who got into a lot of fist fights as teenagers because they enjoy violence. Those are the men we need to subdue the criminals.

Last edited:
Wisconsin's rioters are destroying cities over a guy who strangled his wife/gf/spouse. Why are we pretending that his life really mattered?

1598404985820.jpg

Isn't there a natural process of accessing the value of something lost, in order to ascertain the level of grief we should feel about that thing we've lost? For example, if you lost your favorite grandmother's wedding ring that she left you in her will, you would feel a greater amount of grief than if you lost a bag of potato chips. But not only are we not bothering to adequately assess the value of the thing that was lost (Jacob Blake's legs) but we're assigning MORE value to his legs than to the lifes of Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, or Tina Geiger, all of whom were murdered recently by black thugs like Blake.

This isn’t totally off. It’s why I couldn’t care less that David Dorn is gone.

Only crappy part was he was a *retired* cop when it happened.

****ing no, fascist.

I love how "other people got murdered" somehow justifies attempting to murder someone literally because of their skin color. And the OP probably thinks it's liberals who are the REAL racists!!!

Lol suuuure you did :lol:

Absolutely nobody is buying that line bud.

But hey, way to expose yourself.....again.

I do not care if you call me a liar. I do not care if you call me a racist. That is name calling. Name calling is the lowest form of discourse. It is the recourse of those who are incapable of justifying their opinions with courteous, fact based, and logical arguments.

I do not care if you call me a liar. I do not care if you call me a racist. That is name calling. Name calling is the lowest form of discourse. It is the recourse of those who are incapable of justifying their opinions with courteous, fact based, and logical arguments.

It isn't name calling. You are. You don't post fact based or logical arguments. You just spout off racist lies.

There’s no “name calling” involved. Your posts are blatantly and vehemently racist. That is a fact. There is no “logic” whatsoever in your deluded arguments blathering about “sub Saharan Africa” and “Negroes”. You crying because you think you are being talked to meanly is totally irrelevant. Deal with it.

It isn't name calling. You are. You don't post fact based or logical arguments. You just spout off racist lies.

These are not "racist lies."

--------

=========================
2006 College & University
Guidance, Scholarships, Money and Info Gateways
(For Students, Parents, College Advisors, Mentors,
and Cultural Groups)
==========================

SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity: 2003

In recent years the noted pattern of test scores has reflected similar numbers--
Editor, 2005

SAT Ethnic Group Scores (Math/Verbal+total)

• American Indian---482/480 (962)
• Asian American-----575/508 (1083)
• African American-----426/431 (857)
• Puerto Rican----457/448 (905)

Other Hispanic----464/457 (921)

• White-----534/529 (1063)
• Other ----513/501 (1014)

Source: College Board - SAT, AP, College Search and Admission Tools

Average ACT Composite Score by Race/Ethnicity, 2003
----------------------------------------------------

• African American ----16.9
• American Indian---18.7
• Caucasian---- 21.7
• Mexican American----18.3
• Asian American---- 21.8
• Hispanic----19.0
• Other ----19.3
• Multiracial-----20.9
• Prefer Not to Respond -----21.8
• No Response-----20.1

Source: The ACT - Solutions for College and Career Readiness | ACT
SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity

--------

U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics November 2011

Based on available data from 1980 to 2008—

 Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide victims and offenders. The victimization rate for blacks (27.8 per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000). The of ending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost 8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000).

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

--------

Percentage of Births to Unmarried Women
Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2020

The National Center for Health Statistics has just released its report, "Births: Final Data for 1998," which contained this unhappy finding: "The number of births to unmarried women rose 3 percent to 1,293,567, the highest number ever reported." That means that one birth in three is now out of wedlock.

The report also found that illegitimate-birth rates "vary considerably by race and Hispanic origin." The percentage of out-of-wedlock births for non-Hispanic whites is 21.9 percent, but for non-Hispanic blacks it's 69.3 percent. For Hispanics it's 41.6 percent, and for American Indians 59.3 percent. For Asians and Pacific Islanders overall the number is 15.6 percent, but this varies from 51.1 percent for Hawaiians to 6.4 percent and 9.7 percent for Chinese and Japanese Americans, respectively.

All of this is consistent with other recent data. Forty-five percent of black women managers or professionals have had an illegitimate child, compared to 3 percent of managerial or professional whites.

In a lecture at the American Enterprise Institute a couple of years ago, Professor James Q. Wilson said that the empirical data regarding the importance of family structure is "so strong that even some sociologists believe it." For instance: Children in one-parent families are twice as likely to drop out of school as those in two-parent homes. Boys in one-parent families are much more likely to be both out of school and out of work. Girls in one-parent families are twice as likely to have an out-of-wedlock birth.

Professor Wilson cites a Department of Health and Human Services study of 30,000 American households, which found that for whites, blacks, and Hispanics at every income level except for the very highest, children raised in single-parent homes were more likely to be suspended from school, to have emotional problems, and to behave badly.

Percentage of Births to Unmarried Women.

There is no reason he couldn't have complied with police officers or not walked away to grab something in his car as he was being tasered

there is no obligation to comply with the police...we are not a police state...we are a state with constitutional restrictions against our government, to protect the people. He broke up a fight between 2 women, he wasn't the person they were looking for during this incident. This is why people don't want to involve the police anymore....people get shot in their homes, because the police go in the wrong house, police shoot a man in the back for checking on his children and so forth...no, this is not acceptable...what was even more unacceptable is that man that was shot in the hotel and the police never released the video until after the verdict....the police need to be in serious doo for that..and he was a white guy...they shot him because he tried to pull his shorts up...and he was begging them not to kill him. They could see he was not armed, he was in his damn underwear and they demanded him come towards them and when he did...they killed him.

Blacks have a rate of violent crime that is nearly eight times the white rate. Everywhere in the world blacks have higher crime rates than whites and Orientals. A criminal justice system that is effective for whites and Orientals is insufficiently harsh for blacks. Before the civil rights movement that was understood in the United States, and especially in the South. Consequently, when a black man and a white man committed the same crime, the black man was given more punishment.

Characteristics that enabled the ancestors of Negroes to thrive in the tribal environment of sub Saharan Africa earn for many of them felony convictions in civilized countries. Civilizations select genetically against physical aggressiveness. Barbarian environments select for it.

that is absolutely false.

I have been stopped and frisked by the police a few times. When this happens I move slowly, keep my hands in sight, and speak respectfully. That is the way a civilized man behaves in a situation like that. It is why I am still alive.

So, why is Breonna Taylor dead? She was in her home, her boyfriend thought they were being the subjects of a home invasion, police didn't identify themselves and she is dead...she was asleep...so it is hard to argue she wasn't complying.

Two things matter to me. First, if Jacob Blake had obeyed the police, like I have in similar situations, he would still be alive.

Second, whenever the police kill a black criminal blacks riot. Whites do not riot when the police kill a white criminal. We are glad they got him. Orientals feel the same way when the police kill an Oriental criminal. Even Hispanics do not riot when the police kill a Hispanic criminal.

dude pack your bags and move to North Korea...the US is not a police state and people who think it should be are not welcome here.

And in some.places doing what the police tell you to do ends with no one ever seeing you again.

Until such time as police culture is addressed I do not accept the premise that one should obey and then deal with it through "proper channels".

Because it is well established that it won't be dealt with through the proper channels. It's hard to get the forms to file a complaint in many places. And absent multiple videos virtually every shoot is declared "good". Every accusation of misbehavior dismissed internally.

in Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua...compliance can mean you end up in a large garbage bag, cut up in pieces in some sugar cane field....quite literally.

you don't care, because you know you are lying and you know you are saying racist garbage and will continue to do so, because you think you are superior to others because you were born with zero color.

there is no obligation to comply with the police...we are not a police state...we are a state with constitutional restrictions against our government, to protect the people. He broke up a fight between 2 women, he wasn't the person they were looking for during this incident. This is why people don't want to involve the police anymore....people get shot in their homes, because the police go in the wrong house, police shoot a man in the back for checking on his children and so forth...no, this is not acceptable...what was even more unacceptable is that man that was shot in the hotel and the police never released the video until after the verdict....the police need to be in serious doo for that..and he was a white guy...they shot him because he tried to pull his shorts up...and he was begging them not to kill him. They could see he was not armed, he was in his damn underwear and they demanded him come towards them and when he did...they killed him.

Whether they are right or wrong, when a cop has his/her gun on you, you comply. You can take legal action later if it is warranted.

Whether they are right or wrong, when a cop has his/her gun on you, you comply. You can take legal action later if it is warranted.

Not in his country, except in extremely narrow circumstances.

To quote myself:

Qualified immunity in layman's terms: unless a person with an IQ of 1 would understand that a specific action was described in detail and said to be completely wrong in a controlling decision, a cop cannot be sued for what they did.

Cop Who Allegedly Kneed a Subdued Suspect in the Eye ’20 to 30 Times’ Gets Qualified Immunity – Reason.com

(Kneeing a suspect in the eye 20-30 times; but there wasn't a case in the relevant jurisdiction saying that you can't knee someone in the eye 20-30 times. Sure, there was a case saying you cannot do a "knee drop" that fractures their face. (Gill v. Maciejewski). Sure, there was a decision saying you can't "hip toss" someone, then have two other cops beat them to death as they lay on the ground. (Krout v. Goemmer).

But there wasn't saying a decision saying you can't knee someone in the eye 20-30 times. So the cop cannot be sued. Unreasonable to expect him to know his behavior was unconstitutional.

All this stuff that sounds good on paper so that people will approve without even looking into it. It's a bad guy so who cares, next.

Oh yes, and using the dogs of people the police say are criminals for target practice:

Detroit Police Department Settles Another Dog Shooting Lawsuit After Video Contradicts Cop’s Account – Reason.com

Police conduct drug raid, blow away two dogs, lie about it. Only because it happened on camera could anything happen about it. Otherwise the cops would be protected by their lies (specifically, that the dogs attacked them).

In the video linked in the article. You can see one dog standing at the end of a hallway. Another comes out, looking like it wants to say hello. The cop blows it away. The cop wrote in his report that "he 'observed a black pit bull and a tan pit bull showing his teeth, charging, and attempting to bite crew.'"

Later, he wrote "a large black pitfall came charging at me down the hallway from the northwest bedroom. I fired two shots…neutralizing the threat. While still in the hallway, a second brown pit bull came charging down the hallway towards me."

It's not even the effects of racism over time.

You can't even sue these people unless they did the exact thing that a controlling decision - that is, one in the jurisdiction from an appellate court - says they cannot do. The cop in question could knee someone in the eye 20-30 times because a court didn't say you couldn't knee someone in the eye 20-30 times. Sure, the 8th Circuit said things from which any moron could deduce meant you couldn't just keep kneeing a guy in the eye, but I guess it's unfair of us to expect cops to work that out on their own.

So pretty much, no, you cannot take legal action.

Wisconsin's rioters are destroying cities over a guy who strangled his wife/gf/spouse. Why are we pretending that his life really mattered?

Being arrested and accused of something means your life doesn't matter? Have you ever been arrested? If so, does your life matter? Why yours and not his, in that case?

And if you haven't been arrested, what changes if you are in the future? Is your life suddenly worthless because of it? If so, why yours and not his, in that case?

I think we know the answer to that one.

you don't care, because you know you are lying and you know you are saying racist garbage and will continue to do so, because you think you are superior to others because you were born with zero color.

ShoutRacist.jpg

dude pack your bags and move to North Korea...the US is not a police state and people who think it should be are not welcome here.

We are a long way from North Korea. I do want punishment for criminals to be swift, certain, severe and cheap. I would achieve the first two goals by increasing the power of the police, reducing the rights of the accused, and facilitating the appeals process. I would achieve the last two goals with the thorough exploitation of prison labor, the frequent use of capital and corporal punishment, and the end to educational and recreational opportunities for convicts.

During the 1960's the prison population declined. The crime rate doubled. Since 1980 the prison population has tripled. The crime rate has declined by one third. Punsihment works.

http://www.justicepolicy.org/images/upload/00-05_rep_punishingdecade_ac.pdf

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2018

The way to fight crime is not to fight poverty; it is to fight criminals. I want the police to have more power and better funding. I want the funding to be stripped from the welfare system with deep, satisfying cuts.

You need to be the victim of several black criminals. That would change your mind about things.

how would that make me change mind about being the victim of cops why would that make me change my mind about it not being ok to for cops to murder anyone or black people specifically

you need help maybe that you have been hurt is why

Back
Top Bottom