• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shouldn't we Assess the Value of Life Before we Riot and Punish Police?

• Total voters
Wisconsin's rioters are destroying cities over a guy who strangled his wife/gf/spouse. Why are we pretending that his life really mattered?

1598404985820.jpg

Isn't there a natural process of accessing the value of something lost, in order to ascertain the level of grief we should feel about that thing we've lost? For example, if you lost your favorite grandmother's wedding ring that she left you in her will, you would feel a greater amount of grief than if you lost a bag of potato chips. But not only are we not bothering to adequately assess the value of the thing that was lost (Jacob Blake's legs) but we're assigning MORE value to his legs than to the lifes of Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, or Tina Geiger, all of whom were murdered recently by black thugs like Blake.

Only one thing matters: did the cops do their job appropriately. The law is not a popularity contest - if folks were meant to be executed by police in the street for any of these offenses, it would be in your law books. This entire thread is moot.

Oh look, a load of racist bull**** straight out of 1910, complete with whining about the civil rights movement.

Funny how there has never been a “Negro” who killed anywhere close to as many people as Hitler or Stalin, which directly contradicts your “narrative”. Sounds like you’ve picked out the wrong “barbarians” :roll:

The number of people still clinging to idiotic, racist pseudoscience to justify their hatred is truly astounding.

White racial moderates had the right to expect that by supporting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the War on Poverty they were buying racial peace. What they got instead were five years of black ghetto rioting and more durable increases in black crime and legitimacy. This is what segregationists had predicted earlier.

Only one thing matters: did the cops do their job appropriately. The law is not a popularity contest - if folks were meant to be executed by police in the street for any of these offenses, it would be in your law books. This entire thread is moot.

Two things matter to me. First, if Jacob Blake had obeyed the police, like I have in similar situations, he would still be alive.

Second, whenever the police kill a black criminal blacks riot. Whites do not riot when the police kill a white criminal. We are glad they got him. Orientals feel the same way when the police kill an Oriental criminal. Even Hispanics do not riot when the police kill a Hispanic criminal.

Two things matter to me. First, if Jacob Blake had obeyed the police, like I have in similar situations, he would still be alive.

Second, whenever the police kill a black criminal blacks riot. Whites do not riot when the police kill a white criminal. We are glad they got him. Orientals feel the same way when the police kill an Oriental criminal. Even Hispanics do not riot when the police kill a Hispanic criminal.

Those things may matter to you, but what matters to you does not impact the law. If the officers acted appropriately under the law, they will be fine. If they did not, they will (or should) suffer the consequences. What you, I, BLM or the KKK think about it is irrelevant. That's why this thread is moot.

White racial moderates had the right to expect that by supporting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the War on Poverty they were buying racial peace. What they got instead were five years of black ghetto rioting and more durable increases in black crime and legitimacy. This is what segregationists had predicted earlier.

What a load of crap. The Civil Rights Act was nothing more than the end of unconstitutional tyranny across the south in particular and the United States as a whole; Jim Crow was an abomination. Trying to claim that “allowing” African Americans to exercise the rights they rightfully possessed as Americans should have caused them not to continue striving for a better live is pathetic.

Let me guess....you oppose the civil rights movement and think segregation was just great :roll:

Actually, segregationists predicted an apocalyptic race war, communism, tyranny, and all sorts of other crap, none of which has come about.

But hey, way to throughly expose yourself.

Those things may matter to you, but what matters to you does not impact the law. If the officers acted appropriately under the law, they will be fine. If they did not, they will (or should) suffer the consequences. What you, I, BLM or the KKK think about it is irrelevant. That's why this thread is moot.

This thread is important because the wise posters assert that those who obey the police stay alive. If the police engage in police brutality, tell the judge. Don't loot and burn stores.

Any criticism of blacks is dismissed as racist, especially if it is obviously true.

Screeching about “Negroes”, defending Jim Crow and it’s brutal punishments of African Americans, and babbling about “sub Saharan Africa” and “civilized countries” is all very blatantly racist. Deal with it.

What a load of crap. The Civil Rights Act was nothing more than the end of unconstitutional tyranny across the south in particular and the United States as a whole; Jim Crow was an abomination. Trying to claim that “allowing” African Americans to exercise the rights they rightfully possessed as Americans should have caused them not to continue striving for a better live is pathetic.

Let me guess....you oppose the civil rights movement and think segregation was just great :roll:

Actually, segregationists predicted an apocalyptic race war, communism, tyranny, and all sorts of other crap, none of which has come about.

But hey, way to throughly expose yourself.

I supported the civil rights movement at the time. Since then I have become disappointed with the black response. Those who blame black social pathology on white racism need to explain why black rates of crime and illegitimacy rose after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed and the War on Poverty declared.

Screeching about “Negroes”, defending Jim Crow and it’s brutal punishments of African Americans, and babbling about “sub Saharan Africa” and “civilized countries” is all very blatantly racist. Deal with it.

ShoutRacist.jpg

Those who disobey the police, and who loot and burn stores should face the consequences. Unfortunately, most black ghetto rioters get away with their crimes. That is why they continue to riot.

That is the way many blacks feel about each other.

View attachment 67292907

If black lives matter why to so many black men kill other black men? Why do so few black men marry the mothers of their children and raise those children properly?

This chart is just racist lies.

Your post about crime is bull**** racist lies.

Your post about marriage and child raising is bull**** lies.

Your stupid little chart that you've posted multiple times on this forum has been fully discredited.

I've said this before and I don't think it can be said enough.

"Keeping people safe should never make them afraid."

Those who do what the police tell them to have no reason to fear the police.

Those who disobey the police, and who loot and burn stores should face the consequences. Unfortunately, most black ghetto rioters get away with their crimes. That is why they continue to riot.

WTF is wrong with you? Again, bull**** racist lies. What possess you to post this garbage?

the cops should not get to execute you when they like that's dangerous for every one

you need help

You need to be the victim of several black criminals. That would change your mind about things.

Both those charges would've got him less than 30 days in jail.

There was no reason those three cops couldn't have wrestled him down and put him in the back of a patrol car.

The police had reason to believe that he was reaching for a gun.

I supported the civil rights movement at the time. Since then I have become disappointed with the black response. Those who blame black social pathology on white racism need to explain why black rates of crime and illegitimacy rose after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed and the War on Poverty declared.

Lol suuuure you did :lol:

Absolutely nobody is buying that line bud.

But hey, way to expose yourself.....again.

Those who do what the police tell them to have no reason to fear the police.

And in some.places doing what the police tell you to do ends with no one ever seeing you again.

Until such time as police culture is addressed I do not accept the premise that one should obey and then deal with it through "proper channels".

Because it is well established that it won't be dealt with through the proper channels. It's hard to get the forms to file a complaint in many places. And absent multiple videos virtually every shoot is declared "good". Every accusation of misbehavior dismissed internally.

Apparently police and history beg to differ.

I agree, but the point is that we should not accept that as a society. Everyone has a right to a trial.

Both those charges would've got him less than 30 days in jail.

There was no reason those three cops couldn't have wrestled him down and put him in the back of a patrol car.

Also no reason why they couldn't have put a round in each tire and one in the radiator, and parked a squad car against each bumper and then, while dragging him back out, saying "Were you thinking of going somewhere? Oh sorry bout that, your car's busted!"

That said, I agree that people of all colors need to learn or re-learn how to interact with cops but a large part of the problem is also how cops are interacting with US, especially when "us" happens to have increased melanin content.

It is time for both cops and civilians to step back and reeducate...cops are not going to stop apprehending people, both the guilty and the innocent, and people are not going to stop attempting to evade apprehension either.
But if every attempt to evade results in a shooting, that means there's a problem, especially seeing as how during the much more violent times of forty years ago, there were plenty of cops who went the entire twenty years without ever discharging their weapons, and they were PROUD of that.
That might be impossible these days but it is aspirational.

The guy did not need to get shot in order to prevent his exit, and he did deserve his due process, which was indeed denied, and the police chief agrees with this. I am sure that the local police UNION will DISAGREE, because apparently that is what they do these days, protect rogue cops with itchy trigger fingers.

And again....

There is often wisdom in tradition.

I supported the civil rights movement as a child, a teenager, and a young adult. Since then I have come reluctantly to suspect that in states with large Negro populations Jim Crow legislation was based on sound instinct.

Back
Top Bottom