• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should racist/hateful people be targeted and have their lives destroyed by the public?

Thoughts?

• Ridiculous. Find them, target them and ruin their lives. They are evil.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I can't bring myself to have a cordial discussion with somebody like that.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I kind of/somewhat disagree, but...

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I agree.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
How do you define "racist, hateful people?" If someone points out that blacks have a murder rate eight times the white murder rate, should he have his life destroyed? What about someone who draws attention to the fact that blacks tend to perform poorly on all the mental aptitude tests, however they are designed? Should he have his life destroyed? Blacks have an illegitimacy rate that is three times the white rate. Should mention of that be forbidden too?

For the sake of this poll it means whatever the viewer thinks it means.

For the sake of this poll it means whatever the viewer thinks it means.

For the record, I think there should be no restrictions against telling facts that can be documented.

What is it that you think I am arguing for/against?

I don't care about you.

The same people defending racists with their snowflake tears are the people that claim "freedom of association" means black people can be excluded. They believe a town can exclude black people from service and hiring, causing a black person to be fired and, having no services available, forced to move. And that's fine. That's "freedom of association". Those same people believe that if a racist is fired for being a racist then we have a civil rights issue.

The irony is something. If Disney World said no black people, fine. If Disney World said no racists, Constitutional crisis.

One needn't wonder about the motivation there.

Last edited:
Pointing and laughing is just as much fun....

Jeans.jpg

They get banned from social media, lose their jobs, get ostracized and anything else the public can do to make them suffer for their ignorant beliefs. This forces them to hide in fringe echo chambers that reinforce their ignorant beliefs. It allows them to convince themselves and others that they are victims. It potentially makes them more dangerous. Is this the best way to handle things? Ignorance does not hold up to logical scrutiny. Rather than hating and trying to destroy these people, something not incredibly different than what they do, should we instead defeat them in open discussion and with level heads so all can see unquestionably that their views are ridiculous?

That's a good question and the answer is, like most of trump's supporters undergarments: Depends!

So, if you're just a guy on the street, or even a talking head or guest on the news, I kinda want people to hear that ****. I want my kids to hear it because I want them to know what hateful idiots look like <spoiler alert - they look like trump!>

Now, different situation: You're the leader of the free world with millions of supporters and you make policy and have power to punish your political enemies. In addition, you're abusing your power, spreading racist conspiracy theories, and committing crimes. In this situation I say **** you and I hope you and you co-conspirators spend the rest of your life friendless and miserable.

Thanks!

White supremacists should be forced to experience what their lives are like when they are the target instead, shoe on the other foot.
Make Racists Afraid Again

Enough is enough.

America is about freedom no matter what crazy perspectives you have. We can't be forcing everyone in America to conform to one viewpoint. As long as your actions don't effect another person directly you are free to express your views.

Racist are their own worst enemies. Society is begining to not accept this viewpoint. All we can do is hope that future generations will not express this behavior and today's racist just die out.

Good post!

They get banned from social media, lose their jobs, get ostracized and anything else the public can do to make them suffer for their ignorant beliefs. This forces them to hide in fringe echo chambers that reinforce their ignorant beliefs. It allows them to convince themselves and others that they are victims. It potentially makes them more dangerous. Is this the best way to handle things? Ignorance does not hold up to logical scrutiny. Rather than hating and trying to destroy these people, something not incredibly different than what they do, should we instead defeat them in open discussion and with level heads so all can see unquestionably that their views are ridiculous?

You did not have an option for "No. Leave them alone" and other is not enough for that option.

Leave them alone if they are not actually hurting anybody. When their racism breaks the law and discriminates, etc, then let the law handle it... otherwise they are free to think and say whatever they want. This whole firing and shaming people that think differently is a dangerous (and should be illegal) reaction.

But you can make others think about the negative consequences of joining racists in being racists

Racists should be humiliated as much as possible, they will rethink their life choices, that caused them to be pariahs and change. Those that don't, are likely so hard in their thinking that nothing will change their minds about being racist

What will liberals do when they are exposed as racists?

Send them to tolerance camp until they get it.

/s

How about the religious that think that people will burn in hell for sinning? That is some pretty hateful ****.

If they are not racist they have nothing to be worried about

Tell that to Walmart and Wendys and all those businesses that were burned down as well as the businesses in Seattle. I'm sure they will bow down to your "Lords" expertise.

Which part of what I've said here do you disagree with?

Who are the "They" that you refer to?

You did not have an option for "No. Leave them alone" and other is not enough for that option.

Leave them alone if they are not actually hurting anybody. When their racism breaks the law and discriminates, etc, then let the law handle it... otherwise they are free to think and say whatever they want. This whole firing and shaming people that think differently is a dangerous (and should be illegal) reaction.

My options could have been better. My bad.

The fewer racists in positions of influence and power (which can be the case at non-political jobs too) the better. If they're being racist enough in public for people to actively target them, then what's stopping them from exerting their bigoted influence at the office?

Shame has long been one of the most important tools in human social circles, since the days of cavemen. Good riddance I say.

Also - consider why your opinion is what it is for a minute. Do you think the fact that you are not going to be targeted (assuming you're not POC here) influences your opinion that we should oppose these people via such passive means?

Last edited:
The fewer racists in positions of influence and power (which can be the case at non-political jobs too) the better. If they're being racist enough in public for people to actively target them, then what's stopping them from exerting their bigoted influence at the office?

Shame has long been one of the most important tools in human social circles, since the days of cavemen. Good riddance I say.

Also - consider why your opinion is what it is for a minute. Do you think the fact that you are not going to be targeted (assuming you're not POC here) influences your opinion that we should oppose these people via such passive means?

I agree it is better to not be racist but if they are not acting on their racism then it is not any different than a pro-lifer who does not try to stop abortion.

Nah, no need for reasonable discourse or moderation of oneself.
Mobs of plebeians whipped into self righteous frenzy have always lived up to the highest standards of justice, as well as providing satisfactory modes of redress for the wrongly accused.
What could possibly go wrong?

The government isn't doing anything to anyone. You can't defend racists with a bs interpretation of rights. Racists don't have a right to a job or house or anything else.

So, how about that "right of association"? Seemed awfully important when the same crowd wanted to ban black people from places. They're not doing that right anymore?

What about diversity of opinion? Those who desire diversity of race, sex, sexual orientation, and sexual self identity frequently oppose diversity of opinion. One has to agree with them that the kind of diversity they want is beneficial.

Only if they’re black

Back
Top Bottom