• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Open Carry be Legal?

Should States allow Open Carry

• Total voters
The mistake Zimmerman made was not letting it known earlier that he was armed.

Yes, we understand you really, really wish Martin had been able to beat Zimmerman to death or cause permanent brain damage. Because of the Kel-Tec 9mm your wish for Zimmerman's death didn't come true.

Using Martin-Zimmmerman is the WORST possible example.

Good post. You can always tell a moron, but you sure can't tell 'em much. ;-)

As far as “crime happening every day”: get some mace; same defense tactic but much less troubling for the world around you.

Mace is illegal in nearly all jurisdictions after it was learned that some people, particularly African-Americans, have violent and even lethal reaction to mace. Maybe that is why you pick mace?

If a person is going to illegally carry a weapon, why would a person pick to illegally carry mace?

In Florida, even tazers are illegal for private citizens. Such non-lethal "weapons" are seen as devices of rapists and other criminals. For that reason, the law does not want to allow people dehabilitating weapons, rather only lethal ones.

You have no argument. Guns may have been used in both cases, but that doesn't mean that some other item could not have been used in the absence of guns. For the love of all that is holy, just learn what supposition means.

Also you claiming that you own guns does not remove your bias on this exercise of rights. Your statements have already shown your bias towards those who would want to open carry. You can have all the guns you want, that doesn't mean that you don't hold bias to certain exercises with guns. You are a bucket of logic fail.

As jet57 has finally admitted in another post, he lives where NO CARRY is the law, thus he wants all to share that "gun crime free" la-la land that he MUST live in. Why does jet57 have guns at home? Are they trophies he keeps in a case or safe? Does he pose for macho self portraits with them? Having a tool that you can't take to the job site is simply odd, IMHO. Maybe he hunts Bambi, or fends off vicious varmint critters around his yard. I have given up "conversing" with him on this matter.

Last edited:
While I'm really not fond of the .380 caliber (basically a 9mm short or 38 short) for lack of knockdown power, the Kel-Tec .380 with polymer frame is extremely lightweight and very concealable. However, I would suggest adding an 1/8th inch thickness and two extra ounces for instead the Ruger LCP .380 - plus adding Crimson Trace laser sight. You get an extra round (6 +1), I think the Ruger a bit better made, and they make a 10 rd clip to add to it as a backup clip. Testing shows it remarkably accurate for a mere 1 7/8th inch barrel. If you stick with the 6 round clip, you need to add the clip bottom hook to give you an extra finger hold for control. These are very lightweight, not just small, due to using plastics rather than metal except for the barrel core.
The Ruger LCP is a popular ankle backup for LE around here. Not a lot of firepower - but a whole lot better than nothing. Popular for how compact and lightweight they are.

The DOWN side of the little polymer .380s (Kel-Tec, Ruger etc) is they do NOT have much of a life span in terms of firing a bunch of rounds. They wear out and start jamming usually after a few hundred rounds, though are easy repairs.

If you can stand a few extra ounces, then go for an alloy S&W Airweight 5 shot 38 special, again adding a crimson trace lazer grip. They are rugged enough to handle hot loads and they have special 38sp loads that all but equate a .357 magnum (which is the same caliber as a .38). The S&W 38sp "Bodyguard" is the same design but lighter due to using plastic, but the integrated laser site sucks as it is not impulsive.

Last edited:
The mistake Zimmerman made was not letting it known earlier that he was armed.

Yes, we understand you really, really wish Martin had been able to beat Zimmerman to death or cause permanent brain damage. Because of the Kel-Tec 9mm your wish for Zimmerman's death didn't come true.

Using Martin-Zimmmerman is the WORST possible example.

Yes, you hit nail right - on - the - head: I've said this many times before; Zimmerman had every oppotunity to take control of the situation by just identifying himself and his purpose, but he obvioulsy isn't smart enough to have thought of that - that's my point exactly.

Thanks for the opening.

The rest of your post is just saying asinine things so I'm not going to address it.

Last edited:
As jet57 has finally admitted in another post, he lives where NO CARRY is the law, thus he wants all to share that "gun crime free" la-la land that he MUST live in. Why does jet57 have guns at home? Are they trophies he keeps in a case or safe? Does he pose for macho self portraits with them? Having a tool that you can't take to the job site is simply odd, IMHO. Maybe he hunts Bambi, or fends off vicious varmint critters around his yard. I have given up "conversing" with him on this matter.

I'm sorry! Finally admitted?? Like I've been hiding something??

whahhht - the - f**k . . . That has absolutely nothing to do with my thinking on the matter. I just happen to live in a smarter state . . .

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Let's see if we can return to civil debate instead of baiting comments, shall we?

I never said any such thing about any styles of carry. Concealed carry where I live is for police and federal agents only. The intimidating factor to the general public however is obvious: it's a public safety hazard and has nothing to do wiff da shawiff acommin' down de stweet: oooohhh he tuff!

. . . please

Guess I took it becuase you keep sayin open carry and very little about concealed.
Your not going to change my mind. Open carry, for those that do it responsible, is a good thing. Yes, there are those that do dumb things with guns. There are also those who do not.
So have a good one.

Wording of the second amendment Says shall not be infringed gun laws are infringement.

Back
Top Bottom