• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should normal females be forced to compete against female-to-male transgenders in all sports?

Should normal females be forced to compete against female-to-male transgenders in all sports?

• no

• yes

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I found this thread because I saw that @BirdinHand had been suspended and I wanted to see if her last messages provided a clue as to why. Good golly this is quite a thread! Do people really believe that school shootings occur because there are transgender players on school sports teams? The entire country is delusional.

Wait! I knew that when they elected Trump!

Could you beat them?
You don't have to ask that, I can't beat these athletes either.
1654019741022.png

1654019800790.png

Life's hard.

I reject your position.
Yes, life is hard. The challanged have it tough. We don't abuse women to make a few feel better. That simply is not a rational submission.

Yes, life is hard. The challanged have it tough. We don't abuse women to make a few feel better. That simply is not a rational submission.
The vast majority of women in America are abused everyday by unequal pay, by not providing childcare or healthcare, and soon by not allowing them autonomy over their bodies. The number of biological sex women that suffer consequences from looking at the brain instead of their genitals is extremely small.

The vast majority of women in America are abused everyday by unequal pay, by not providing childcare or healthcare, and soon by not allowing them autonomy over their bodies. The number of biological sex women that suffer consequences from looking at the brain instead of their genitals is extremely small.
Wow.

Forget it. I am a centrist, particularly reasoned. You are a radical leftist. Bend view the world through a bias. Well spoken and smart but exterme.

We will not agree . Your bias keeps your mind closed. Imho

Wow.

Forget it. I am a centrist, particularly reasoned. You are a radical leftist. Bend view the world through a bias. Well spoken and smart but exterme.

We will not agree . Your bias keeps your mind closed. Imho
No, I know transgender people. I understand the science behind the transgender issue. It comes down to this...

Are you the person your brain says you are or the person your balls say you are?

I believe the brain drives the bus, and the rest of the body is just along for the ride

No, I know transgender people. I understand the science behind the transgender issue. It comes down to this...

Are you the person your brain says you are or the person your balls say you are?

I believe the brain drives the bus, and the rest of the body is just along for the ride

Unless you are a professional in neuroscience I likly know at least as much as you as far as the brain functioning as it has been an avenue of study for me for a decade now.

The division in sports was predicted on physical disparities not brain alignments.

This is why I support transgender in all ways social but not where they cross into social constructs set to physical.

Unless you are a professional in neuroscience I likly know at least as much as you as far as the brain functioning as it has been an avenue of study for me for a decade now.

The division in sports was predicted on physical disparities not brain alignments.

This is why I support transgender in all ways social but not where they cross into social constructs set to physical.
My Masters thesis was on the impact of adequate sleep and school performance. The research included fMRI studies around what triggers different 'brain' reactions. My first experience with a transgender middle schooler led me to look further into what actually is going on in her brain.

Sports used to include fights to the death. We adjust as we learn more.

My Masters thesis was on the impact of adequate sleep and school performance. The research included fMRI studies around what triggers different 'brain' reactions. My first experience with a transgender middle schooler led me to look further into what actually is going on in her brain.

Sports used to include fights to the death. We adjust as we learn more.
Good post but you did not speak to what I wrote.
Rules governing who participates in men and women sports was predicated on physical attributes not brain neurons and electrical signaling.

You don't want to acknowledge my perspective. That is my take away.
You simply prefer to give challanged men preference over real women simple because they are challanged.

You said so.in an earlier post. So why are we going on? You will not get validation for this emotional preference from someone as pragmatic and rational as myself.

Good post but you did not speak to what I wrote.
Rules governing who participates in men and women sports was predicated on physical attributes not brain neurons and electrical signaling.

You don't want to acknowledge my perspective. That is my take away.
You simply prefer to give challanged men preference over real women simple because they are challanged.

You said so.in an earlier post. So why are we going on? You will not get validation for this emotional preference from someone as pragmatic and rational as myself.
And we used to fight to the death for sport. As we learn, things change. We are learning more about this issue everyday. Transgender women are not challenged men.

Remember, pragmatic and rational men used to believe the sun revolved around the Earth.

You just said what they must do to compete, which is being forced. You're being forced to play in a category, trans, in order to play at all. If trans tries to and insist on competing as a female, they will be forced to leave. That's being forced in both cases.
No moreso than the fact that men have to compete against men, and not women, if they want to compete.

I would have to see really compelling evidence to the effect that young trans people can have their genetic propensities overrode by chemical treatments, even to consider the question.

With adult trans, the question is outside the bounds of good sense. Let these theoretical females start their own league and quit poaching on those of genetic females.

"When taken regularly, GnRH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) analogues suppress the body's release of sex hormones, including testosterone and estrogen, during puberty." --- Parentheses are mine.

(See 3rd para):

"When taken regularly, GnRH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) analogues suppress the body's release of sex hormones, including testosterone and estrogen, during puberty." --- Parentheses are mine.

(See 3rd para):

The essay also says that if the subject stops the treatments, puberty developments resume. Assume a pre-pubertal youth decides he wants to transition for the purpose of competing in some division of women’s sports. What’s to stop “him” from going off the meds in order to put on some male bulk? The suppressants won’t make that hormone induced bulk just go away.

No moreso than the fact that men have to compete against men, and not women, if they want to compete.

Men don't have to compete against women, nor must women compete against men. But they could if the option to do so was offered.

Men don't have to compete against women, nor must women compete against men. But they could if the option to do so was offered.
The reason women have their own leagues and competitions is that men competing against women isn't fair.

The essay also says that if the subject stops the treatments, puberty developments resume. Assume a pre-pubertal youth decides he wants to transition for the purpose of competing in some division of women’s sports. What’s to stop “him” from going off the meds in order to put on some male bulk? The suppressants won’t make that hormone induced bulk just go away.

Yup.

The reason women have their own leagues and competitions is that men competing against women isn't fair.

It isn't fair to marginalize and refuse assimilation of trans MtF into society as who they are, women.

It isn't fair to marginalize and refuse assimilation of trans MtF into society as who they are, women.
They aren't women. They are transwomen. And, it's plenty fair, because they don't have to play sports against sexual women in order to be assimilated.

They aren't "women" because women are "adult human females" referring to their sex, and as you probably know - sex =/= gender. The person is identifying as a woman, but that isn't "being" a woman sexually. That's identifying a woman for the purposes of gender identity.

no one should be forced to compete in any sport ........unless they all get a trophy

They aren't women. They are transwomen. And, it's plenty fair, because they don't have to play sports against sexual women in order to be assimilated.

They aren't "women" because women are "adult human females" referring to their sex, and as you probably know - sex =/= gender. The person is identifying as a woman, but that isn't "being" a woman sexually. That's identifying a woman for the purposes of gender identity.

You're wrong. Transgender incl transition to the sexual organs in both MtF and FtM. The trans also becomes a woman or man sexually, also with the aid of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything but trans persons should have their own category. They can then choose fairly like everyone else.

Yeah. Their own category. Separate but equal.

Back
Top Bottom