• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Muslims be permitted to immigrate to the United States

Should Muslims be permitted to immigrate to the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
if we stop them from immigrating then what have we become?? the whole reason american was set up the way that it was, was to PROTECT religious freedom. which i think is something that a lot of people have forgotten, especially those athiests! lol. but we cant stop people from comming to the us because of their religion.

Missouri Mule said:
Yes, I think about 500 years is about right on the mark. In the meantime the ME will forever be known as the "Headchopper's Ball." Let Allah sort them all out. Just stay far away from the rest of civilized people. I've seen more than enough of this "Religion of Peace" for a lifetime (or two lifetimes.)

well depends what part of islam you are talking about. Yes i htink the mid-east is virtually impossible to reform without external pressures. however, the lastter 700,000 muslims in the world have embraced a more modern form of islam.

secondly..., a govenrment's and select individuals' inhumane actions should not account for all muslims.

t125eagle said:
if we stop them from immigrating then what have we become?? the whole reason american was set up the way that it was, was to PROTECT religious freedom. which i think is something that a lot of people have forgotten, especially those athiests! lol. but we cant stop people from comming to the us because of their religion.

Then we may need to have a Constitutional Amendment mandating that practicing Muslims will not be allowed in the United States. They don't respect our customs in the ME but expect to have a free run of our society and then fly airbombs into our office buildings and then celebrate their successes at murdering 3,000 innocent people. By contrast try practicing Christianity in one of the fundamental Muslim ME countries and expect to have your head severed from your body.

The deck is stacked against us and the Constitution is not a suicide pact. The bottom line is that Islam is simply incompatible with modern civilization. It is unreformable.

nkgupta80 said:
well depends what part of islam you are talking about. Yes i htink the mid-east is virtually impossible to reform without external pressures. however, the lastter 700,000 muslims in the world have embraced a more modern form of islam.

secondly..., a govenrment's and select individuals' inhumane actions should not account for all muslims.

There are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world and most of them despise Western Civilization. If necessary we need to convene and immediate Constitutional Convention and prohibit Muslim immigration or visits to the United States. And we should get completely out of the ME. I would rather crawl on my hands or knees or ride a bicycle than pay blood tribute to the oil potentates of the ME. If we don't get serious about this we will pay a horrible price for our foolishness in ignoring this clear and present danger to our civilization. There is no reasoning with these people. They don't know the meaning of the word. They believe the "prophet" who has commanded them to force this "religion" down our throats or have our heads separated from our bodies. One can read all about this in the "holy book" of the Mohammadans, the Koran.

"Each one hopes that if it feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last"

Winston Churchill

earthworm said:
I must agree with the Missouri Mule 100%.
Thus, in conclusion Islam is the definition of intolerance.
To protect themselves all the nations must isolate this Islamic cancer, and develop new sources of energy, allowing the Islamic Arabs to drown in their oil..

Maybe ,500 years from now they will grow up, shed their hateful religion and rejoin the world..
Christianity has been unable to clean up its extremists, be they Miloschevic, KKK or Pat Robertson. Thus, in conclusion Christianity is the definition of intolerance. So to not be utterly hypocritical, you must also insist that Christians be isolated for a couple centuries.:2razz:

Missouri Mule said:
Then we may need to have a Constitutional Amendment mandating that practicing Muslims will not be allowed in the United States. They don't respect our customs in the ME but expect to have a free run of our society and then fly airbombs into our office buildings and then celebrate their successes at murdering 3,000 innocent people.

The deck is stacked against us and the Constitution is not a suicide pact. The bottom line is that Islam is simply incompatible with modern civilization. It is unreformable.
Then we may need to have a Constitutional Amendment mandating that practicing Christians will not be allowed in the United States. They don't respect our customs but expect to have a free run of our society and then murder physicians, blow up medical clinics and the Atlanta Olympics.

The deck is stacked against us and the Constitution is not a suicide pact. The bottom line is that Christianity is simply incompatible with modern civilization. It is unreformable.

steen said:
Christianity has been unable to clean up its extremists, be they Miloschevic, KKK or Pat Robertson. Thus, in conclusion Christianity is the definition of intolerance. So to not be utterly hypocritical, you must also insist that Christians be isolated for a couple centuries.:2razz:

Get real. The KKK is dead as an organization. Robertson is a screwball who has zero influence and Milosevic is cooling his heels at the Hague. There were no Christians flying those airbombs into the WTC and they aren't among the head choppers of the world. Islam is a malignant cancer on all mankind. It would have been a far, far better world today if Mohammad had never been born. He was a psychopath who sold a putrid bill of goods to a bunch of imbeciles who now threaten the entire world with nuclear bombs. Even the Soviets in their worst days were rational people. The crazies over the ME are in love with death. I don't share their point of view and I doubt if you do either.

We don't need them here in the United States. Let them go back to where they came from where head chopping is the national sport.

steen said:
Then we may need to have a Constitutional Amendment mandating that practicing Christians will not be allowed in the United States. They don't respect our customs but expect to have a free run of our society and then murder physicians, blow up medical clinics and the Atlanta Olympics.

The deck is stacked against us and the Constitution is not a suicide pact. The bottom line is that Christianity is simply incompatible with modern civilization. It is unreformable.

Pure gibberish. Get a life.

steen said:

The KKK and Milosevic are not Christian extremists; they're extremists that happen to be Christian. There's a big difference.

And last I checked, Pat Robertson isn't calling for armed resistance to everything he considers to be a sin. Aside from occasionally running his mouth about Chavez, he's not a particularly violent man. He may not be my cup of tea, but he isn't killing anyone.

Comparing "Christian extremists" to the Islamist Plague that infects nearly all of the Muslim world is ridiculous. There are almost no Christians anywhere in the world who take to the streets in murderous rage and retaliate against innocents everytime someone offends their religious sensibilities.

Kandahar said:
The KKK and Milosevic are not Christian extremists; they're extremists that happen to be Christian. There's a big difference.

And last I checked, Pat Robertson isn't calling for armed resistance to everything he considers to be a sin. Aside from occasionally running his mouth about Chavez, he's not a particularly violent man. He may not be my cup of tea, but he isn't killing anyone.

Comparing "Christian extremists" to the Islamist Plague that infects nearly all of the Muslim world is ridiculous. There are almost no Christians anywhere in the world who take to the streets in murderous rage and retaliate against innocents everytime someone offends their religious sensibilities.

"Islamist Plague?" I rather like the incisiveness of that description. Kind of like the black plague of the middle ages. About as deadly as well. Isn't the flag of Islamism black? If not it should be.

There are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world and most of them despise Western Civilization. If necessary we need to convene and immediate Constitutional Convention and prohibit Muslim immigration or visits to the United States. And we should get completely out of the ME. I would rather crawl on my hands or knees or ride a bicycle than pay blood tribute to the oil potentates of the ME. If we don't get serious about this we will pay a horrible price for our foolishness in ignoring this clear and present danger to our civilization. There is no reasoning with these people. They don't know the meaning of the word. They believe the "prophet" who has commanded them to force this "religion" down our throats or have our heads separated from our bodies. One can read all about this in the "holy book" of the Mohammadans, the Koran.
=

most of them hate western civilization? whats your source for that. Hating the US government doesn't count 'cause most of the world does. The price to pay is small. Most muslims (MOST) would want to come to the west to make their lives better.

Anyways. Stopping muslim immigration to stop the few possible terrorists is not worth giving up are values of freedom etc. Everyone should be allows the possibility to come to this country. Rememebr when a terrorist wants to get in, he'll have a way. We have no way of telling if theyre muslim or not. Any muslim terrorist with a mission, can go through india, indonesia, china, europe, etc. We'd have no way of telling. In the end, we'd just be hurting our image and drawing more flak from the otherwise moderate muslim and world communities. Its just not worth it.

Better yet. We should work on increasing our domestic defense and building an impeccable intelligence.

Truthfully, terrorism is impossible to stop. Its just crime, and a war otn crime, as you know is useless. We can stop one terrorist group, but other one will arise. All we can truly is build better and better internal security.

So basically, you guys are using this as a xenophobic hate fest, taking the opportunity to spew whatever viscious lies and stereotypes against all Muslims that you can, thus adding to the flames instead of seeking a solution.

Hmm....

steen said:
So basically, you guys are using this as a xenophobic hate fest, taking the opportunity to spew whatever viscious lies and stereotypes against all Muslims that you can, thus adding to the flames instead of seeking a solution.

Hmm....

You're the one who compared Christian extremism to Islamic extremism. I was simply pointing out that they are NOT comparable.

And I have plenty of possible solutions, but since you won't even acknowledge that a problem exists, I doubt you'd care for them.

I voted maybe.

I've heard of a lot of Muslim immigrants not assimilating to the new culture they live in and have actually been successful in changing laws, advertising, restaurant menus etc. thereby changing the culture to one similar to the one they left.

I personally don't want people to come from another country and turn mine into their old one.

nkgupta80 said:
=

most of them hate western civilization? whats your source for that. Hating the US government doesn't count 'cause most of the world does. The price to pay is small. Most muslims (MOST) would want to come to the west to make their lives better.

Anyways. Stopping muslim immigration to stop the few possible terrorists is not worth giving up are values of freedom etc. Everyone should be allows the possibility to come to this country. Rememebr when a terrorist wants to get in, he'll have a way. We have no way of telling if theyre muslim or not. Any muslim terrorist with a mission, can go through india, indonesia, china, europe, etc. We'd have no way of telling. In the end, we'd just be hurting our image and drawing more flak from the otherwise moderate muslim and world communities. Its just not worth it.

Better yet. We should work on increasing our domestic defense and building an impeccable intelligence.

Truthfully, terrorism is impossible to stop. Its just crime, and a war otn crime, as you know is useless. We can stop one terrorist group, but other one will arise. All we can truly is build better and better internal security.

Have you not taken notice that it isn't American embassies that are burning. It is Danish and Norwegian embassies. And these aren't bin Laden's gangsters either. These are just your run of the mill Muslims who can be sit off on violence any time their sensibilties are assaulted. Meanwhile we Westerners can get our heads sawed off and they cheer. You tell me why we ought to invite in such people.

We can have all the intelligence in the world and it just take one failure for that nuclear cloud to become reality. And then we'll be trying to figure out how to dispose of a million decomposing putrid American bodies after it happens. Won't that be fun? That's what bin Laden's psychopaths want for us.

I'll admit that I am biased against head chopping and burning, murder and pillaging every time I turn around. And it invariably has a Muslim face to it. Them's are the facts, the whole facts and nothing but the facts.

If we keep them out, it cuts down the playing field so we can ferret out the Muslim terrorists already here in the United States. Why take in more? Do we have a death wish? Evidently so.

Liberty without life is worthless.

steen said:

Hmm....

I think you have turned logic on its ear. It is the Muslims who hate the West. I don't hate them. I just don't want them here. We have an advanced society without turning it back to the 7th Century.

There is no solution to terrorists short of killing them. We can't say that all Muslims are terrorists but we can certainly conclude that virtually all terrorists are Muslims. That's just a fact.

Coming to a neighborhood near you.

This Islam is like any other religion. Think again.
==============================

Saudi Arabia - Conversion by a Muslim to another religion is punishable by death. Bibles are illegal. Churches are illegal.

Yemen - Bans proselytizing by non-Muslims and forbids conversions. The Government does not allow the building of new non-Muslim places of worship.

Kuwait - Registration and licensing of religious groups. Members of religions not sanctioned in the Koran may not build places of worship. Prohibits organized religious education for religions other than Islam.

Egypt - Islam is the official state religion and primary source of legislation. Accordingly, religious practices that conflict with Islamic law are prohibited. Muslims may face legal problems if they convert to another faith. Requires non-Muslims to obtain what is now a presidential decree to build a place of worship.

Algeria - The law prohibits public assembly for purposes of practicing a faith other than Islam. Non-Islamic proselytizing is illegal, and the Government restricts the importation of non-Islamic literature for distribution.

Jordan - Has the death penalty for any Muslim selling land to a Jew.

Sudan - Conversion by a Muslim to another religion is punishable by death.

Pakistan - Conversion by a Muslim to another religion is punishable by death. Bans proselytizing by non-Muslims. Christians regularly put in prison for charges of blasphemy.

steen said:
Strange and illogical reasoning, steen..
Miloschevic has been corralled and tried.
The KKK no longer runs wild, is a shadow of its former self
Robertson has lost most respect, is no longer a force.
There can be no comparisons between Christianity and islam.
I am irreligious, but do believe in the existence of a God.
Islam strikes me as a false, hateful, and intolerant belief.
I cannot begin to understand how this cancer any appeal to any sane man..

Missouri Mule said:
There are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world and most of them despise Western Civilization.

That seems to me like an opinion. How many Muslims do you know?

If necessary we need to convene and immediate Constitutional Convention and prohibit Muslim immigration or visits to the United States.

Is it only Muslims that are terrorists? What about the school shootings that happen at least once a year in American schools? Those kids seem like terrorists to me, are they Muslim? I do not find banning Muslims from entering the country a necessity. That would be an act of ignorance and stupidity.

And we should get completely out of the ME. I would rather crawl on my hands or knees or ride a bicycle than pay blood tribute to the oil potentates of the ME.

Now your saying that the US is there for only oil...

If we don't get serious about this we will pay a horrible price for our foolishness in ignoring this clear and present danger to our civilization.

Ignoring it would of been not starting this war in the first place.

There is no reasoning with these people. They don't know the meaning of the word.

These people... If Muslims didnt know anything abour reasoning, then how come they make great business peoples? Surely you need reasoning to have some sort of succesful business.

They believe the "prophet" who has commanded them to force this "religion" down our throats or have our heads separated from our bodies. One can read all about this in the "holy book" of the Mohammadans, the Koran.

I see you quote marked religion, holy book and prophet. Is the bible not a holy book to a christian where Moses was the prophet? Is the Torah not a holy book for the Jews? If Muslim isn't a religion, what is it and have you fully come to an understnding of it, besides reading some googled article off of the internet.

"Each one hopes that if it feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last"
Winston Churchill

I don't know about you, but I would have left that crocodile alone, not sit there and feed the damn thing.

I'll admit that I am biased against head chopping and burning, murder and pillaging every time I turn around. And it invariably has a Muslim face to it. Them's are the facts, the whole facts and nothing but the facts.

Has a face of a Muslim? What about that Brit woman, who did that suicide bombing? Did she look like a muslim? No, she didn't look like one, but she was one, right? She had converted some months back, so I would say, its the other people, the ones without the face of a muslim you should be a little more worried about in this country.

If we keep them out, it cuts down the playing field so we can ferret out the Muslim terrorists already here in the United States. Why take in more? Do we have a death wish? Evidently so.

Not all Muslims are terrorist. You are afraid of the lion in the forest that you have never even seen. Like I said before, not all Muslims are terrorists, your very own people are sometimes worse then the people you are so affraid of.

Missouri Mule said:
I think you have turned logic on its ear. It is the Muslims who hate the West. I don't hate them. I just don't want them here. We have an advanced society without turning it back to the 7th Century.

So by letting Muslims in the country, your saying that our society will rotate back into the dumps? What about other people, like say, the Haitians or even parts of Europe, that aren't as advanced in technology as we are so blessed to be. We let them in, and has any part of the US turned back into the 7th century?

There is no solution to terrorists short of killing them. We can't say that all Muslims are terrorists but we can certainly conclude that virtually all terrorists are Muslims. That's just a fact.

Please provide a source of this cynical comment. I beg to differ.

Missouri Mule said:
This Islam is like any other religion. Think again.
==============================

Saudi Arabia - Conversion by a Muslim to another religion is punishable by death. Bibles are illegal. Churches are illegal.

Yemen - Bans proselytizing by non-Muslims and forbids conversions. The Government does not allow the building of new non-Muslim places of worship.

Kuwait - Registration and licensing of religious groups. Members of religions not sanctioned in the Koran may not build places of worship. Prohibits organized religious education for religions other than Islam.

Egypt - Islam is the official state religion and primary source of legislation. Accordingly, religious practices that conflict with Islamic law are prohibited. Muslims may face legal problems if they convert to another faith. Requires non-Muslims to obtain what is now a presidential decree to build a place of worship.

Algeria - The law prohibits public assembly for purposes of practicing a faith other than Islam. Non-Islamic proselytizing is illegal, and the Government restricts the importation of non-Islamic literature for distribution.

Jordan - Has the death penalty for any Muslim selling land to a Jew.

Sudan - Conversion by a Muslim to another religion is punishable by death.

Pakistan - Conversion by a Muslim to another religion is punishable by death. Bans proselytizing by non-Muslims. Christians regularly put in prison for charges of blasphemy.

You expected these countries to just accept other religions? If I remember correct, my history is a little off, but people left England because they themselves weren't free to practice there religions... Were they killed also? RIGHT IN AMERICA, WITCHES WERE HANGED, BURNED AND DROWNED, for practicing a new found religion. So what makes that any different? Now, please stop being so hypocritical and wake up.

Now to answer the question directly, we should not discriminate against the Muslims for what a particular group did, instead, keep up the security like they have been doing in the airports. Enhance it if necessary in other places.

@_girL........ said:
That seems to me like an opinion. How many Muslims do you know?

Is it only Muslims that are terrorists? What about the school shootings that happen at least once a year in American schools? Those kids seem like terrorists to me, are they Muslim? I do not find banning Muslims from entering the country a necessity. That would be an act of ignorance and stupidity.

Now your saying that the US is there for only oil...

Ignoring it would of been not starting this war in the first place.

These people... If Muslims didnt know anything abour reasoning, then how come they make great business peoples? Surely you need reasoning to have some sort of succesful business.

I see you quote marked religion, holy book and prophet. Is the bible not a holy book to a christian where Moses was the prophet? Is the Torah not a holy book for the Jews? If Muslim isn't a religion, what is it and have you fully come to an understnding of it, besides reading some googled article off of the internet.

I don't know about you, but I would have left that crocodile alone, not sit there and feed the damn thing.

Has a face of a Muslim? What about that Brit woman, who did that suicide bombing? Did she look like a muslim? No, she didn't look like one, but she was one, right? She had converted some months back, so I would say, its the other people, the ones without the face of a muslim you should be a little more worried about in this country.

Not all Muslims are terrorist. You are afraid of the lion in the forest that you have never even seen. Like I said before, not all Muslims are terrorists, your very own people are sometimes worse then the people you are so affraid of.

So by letting Muslims in the country, your saying that our society will rotate back into the dumps? What about other people, like say, the Haitians or even parts of Europe, that aren't as advanced in technology as we are so blessed to be. We let them in, and has any part of the US turned back into the 7th century?

Please provide a source of this cynical comment. I beg to differ.

You expected these countries to just accept other religions? If I remember correct, my history is a little off, but people left England because they themselves weren't free to practice there religions... Were they killed also? RIGHT IN AMERICA, WITCHES WERE HANGED, BURNED AND DROWNED, for practicing a new found religion. So what makes that any different? Now, please stop being so hypocritical and wake up.

Let me help you here. Screwballs that kill people at post offices and schools are different that the fanatical maniacs that flew those airbombs into the WTC on 9/11. Surely you can see the difference.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't be inviting in future bombers. Let's cut down the playing field, seal our borders and keep out those people who pose a threat to our nation and way of life. We have no obligation to let in every Abdul, Akmad and Ali into this country. We have an obligation to provide safety and security for law abiding Americans.

And we left that alligator alone until 9/11. It was not us who declared war on civilization. It was bin Laden.

And what I said about most terrorists being Muslims is demonstrably and inarguably correct. It's just a fact that is uncomfortable to the politically correct crowd. I don't have to accept that fate and neither does any other rational American.

You still have yet to give me any source to back up your claim. It seems as if it is a blinds man ramblings. If you want to secure your borders, then why not keep everyone out? Your stereotypical claim seems to lack a better part of intelligence. Not all Muslims are terrorists. How can you see any difference in a High school shoot out and a building blowing up? People were killed reguardless. You might not see it as such though, I just might be waisting my breath and time posting this, but this is what I feel.

@_girL........ said:
You still have yet to give me any source to back up your claim. It seems as if it is a blinds man ramblings. If you want to secure your borders, then why not keep everyone out? Your stereotypical claim seems to lack a better part of intelligence.

If immigrants from Mexico, China, and Botswana start chanting "Death to America" and engaging in terror activities, then I'll agree with you. But they aren't, so let's focus on the groups that are the problems.

@_girL........ said:
Not all Muslims are terrorists.

No, but a very large percentage of them do have sympathies for terrorists.

@_girL........ said:
How can you see any difference in a High school shoot out and a building blowing up? People were killed reguardless.

One is just a random criminal act, the other is part of an organized effort to destabilize our government and change our society.

Kandahar said:
You're the one who compared Christian extremism to Islamic extremism. I was simply pointing out that they are NOT comparable.
And that still is a "just because I say so" claim. radicals of all religions and philosophies are equally deadly when they kill you.

And I have plenty of possible solutions, but since you won't even acknowledge that a problem exists, I doubt you'd care for them.
Huh?

earthworm said:
There can be no comparisons between Christianity and islam.
I am irreligious, but do believe in the existence of a God.
Islam strikes me as a false, hateful, and intolerant belief.
I cannot begin to understand how this cancer any appeal to any sane man..
Perhaps you are merely ignorant in not knowing that Christianity and Islam have the same boss and therefore are very much the same?

Back
Top Bottom